Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Sep 23, 2020 5:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Happy... Anniversary?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Afiag

Member #242

Jun 19, 2007 14:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So... This place is a fort for some of the many outcasts and misfits lurking around the internet?
  Well, works for me.

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be orgasmic.
Sword
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jun 19, 2007 15:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It takes a particular kind of internet education to, uh, not be killed here. I certainly couldn't have been here when I was new, and, looking back, after GaBRp I'm almost exactly the wrong kind of person. Having been through a few more...very unique...communities, however, I don't get LandSmite'd nearly as much.

I like thinking of it as a haven for outcasts. Although to be honest, it's also kindof and end of the line rest home.

COOKIE!

Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 19, 2007 16:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, we are crabby a lot, complainin' about this or that, yelling at kids. Plus the smell of death and urine (Gobbo ).

(I'm just) following the stream. As if it were the friggin' Yellow Brick Road. ~Hana Gitelman, Heroes
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 20, 2007 4:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I can't believe that the summer movie post prediction came true, in large part because I was the last person to post there.

Now RE written pron, I'm for. But then, the games are largely creature based so doing fanfic inspired...I'm not sure whether even just the writing is legal...* uses Shair on VinnyD due to govt laws *

I do believe the myrealitysendspace would attract the exact plethora of people we don't want: people worse than me.

So, who wants to be a pron story star? *cues regis, the themesong, and the lights*

Would mucus be a good lubricant?
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Jun 20, 2007 6:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

We are the REAMS (Reality's End Anti-Moron Society) people call us nerds, why 'cause we have over half a brain. It's not our fault that we are smarter than others...
  Some may not even be smart, just not a moron...I for one hate stupidity in all its forms.. long live the END of reality! It may be the End (a stagnant end?)but it isn't over yet so until then..

let's party like its 1999 and the morons think the world is going to end!

Troilism
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 20, 2007 9:29

Apparently, Australia's nightlife starts their drinkin' when it's still light outside. Good on you, mates!

I really don't think RE members are any smarter than the rest of the internet. They just display it less by keeping quiet. You gotta remember that there are a lot of blunderous moments displayed here at RE. In fact, most moments when anything is said at all, you can always pull up a few "Why?"s.
  But since talkin' don't happen much here, it just looks much, much better than most of the 'net, which is so rife with moronery, and the loud kind at that.

DK does make a good point, however. In fact, there have been a lot of blokes who, as they first joined, were exactly the kind of people who shouldn't have been here, but after a while, they begin blasting the same sort of behavior they once exhibited. Our favorite example is VD. No, not what I'm going to get and give for starring in My Reality's End Space (my site, my role, with my members Lick). I mean VinnyD. His old posts are a hoot to read, at least the ones that weren't deleted. But he turned out all right. Only if we could do something about those elders who are devolving into n00b status...
  Most online communes encourage that sort of idiocy well into the prestigous ranks. Why? Because most internet communities suck.
  * still uses LandSmite on Dragon_Kirby just 'cause he was reminded that he hasn't in a while *

"And when I wake up in the morning
  "To feel the daybreak on my face,
  "There's a blood that's flowin' through the ceiling
  "With a knife to open up the sky's vein." ~ Backwater, Meat Puppets

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 20, 2007 13:44

Hey, whoa, now, what's with my name being all in the toss up? I can't help it that I smell of urine and rotting flesh. I mean, what am I to do about? Bath? Stop killing people and wearing their skin? I mean, we're talking about things that can be done, here, folks.

Speaking of things that can be done, anything goes at REAMS! There, the legal age is only fourteen! We'll find a way to make it legal, I'm sure.

"Wings are for when you're drunk. Soup is for when you're sick."
  "That's what my mom used to say. Boy, she loved her wings!"
  - Margaret & Jake, Stark Raving Mad
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 20, 2007 14:39

14? Whatever happened to get 'em before 8 or it's too late?
  Oh wait, that was on an infomercial.

And I have to say polishing weapons using other people's intestines probably don't add to your "mountain fresh goodness."

By seeing this signature, this forum member has passed the breathalayzer test
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 21, 2007 7:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, and the whole 'bathing-in-the-blood-of-your-victims' thing doesn't really help either.

And everyone knows that this REAMS business is just a way of getting you two more of those victims - I mean, what kind of non-moron would join an anti-moron club?

To be able to best ten men with spirit alone is to be invincible.
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jul 8, 2007 14:37
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Happy belated anniversary!

But seriously, I can't believe it's already eight years... last I checked, it was four. Yeah, life threw a lot of stuff at me, so I had to go on a four-year hiatus. I'm kinda disappointed that I haven't won a single tournament for a while... back then, I used to fight like crazy to win those tourneys (especially that Thanksgiving tourney... really wanted that TurkeySuit =P).

So MintMan, how have you been? It's good to also see familiar faces like MadGoblin, Blade, and Dragon_Kirby. Although if I recall correctly, there used to be a girl around here who frequently participated in BD tourneys all those years ago. Where is she now? (Or am I just being delusional... *shrugs*)

But yeah, I've noticed you took out that MIDI jukebox Minty =P What happened to all the cool MIDIs RE had? It's cool listening to Something by The Beatles while exploring Maelstrom City.

As for me disappearing again, I highly doubt it. I've reached a point in my life where I can actually stop and smell the roses again. So yeah... *dances*

EDIT: Oh yeah, you should have a link to Smogon.com. They're pretty much the only active English-speaking Pokemon community left Flat Mouth In addition, many of the old school folks are there, such as Cloggerdude, JMC, and CHaR.

[Edited by Lugia7777 on Jul 8, 2007 14:42]
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 8, 2007 14:47

Yeah, rose-smelling rocks, I guess. Or does it suck? I'll go with sucks. Roses suck.

Well, I don't think you'll ever see Gobbo not here. He sorta elevated to permanent fixture back with the Venom Gym. And yes, there were chickly type members, from Fightertype (miss her a lot Crying ) to Lady Reaper to one of the top-tourneyers -- Tris. Haven't seen much of any of them in recent times. Well, here, at least.

The MIDIs were removed due to memory constraints; I'm still pushing the bubble as it is, and I don't know how I can keep freeing up meg after meg only to have it disappear again. It isn't like I'm actually getting new member accounts or anything.
  Every MIDI I had has been stashed on a backup CD which is essentially a snapshot of RE from a few years back. When I get more memory than the measely amoung I currently have, they will return to the site although not the sidebar. That playlist slowed the loading time too unnecessarily...

Strangely, your belated anniversary wishes are early ones for BD -- Reality's End's oldest game! Now you've missed both dates! * uses Toss on EmoLoser with a DisturbedLook * Waitaminute, that wasn't you I hit!

... Meh, more deserving.

UPDATE TO THE EDIT: Smogon, eh? Yeah, I keep up on them now-and-a-then, but to me, they have pretty much devolved into what every other site across the internet is: controlled by morons who spam incessantly! I actually tried to get back into it a while ago, a year or two, methinks. Surprisingly, it wasn't so much the noobs that turned me off as how stupid the classics had become. It had something to do with perhaps the dumbest statement ever to come from a self-proclaimed computer scientist ever and obviously only in his own mind since it violated a first-year fact. Feh!

DOUBLE EDIT: Man, four years? Were you even around when NDR came out? I don't see any techs on your Monoceros, so I'ma guess not.

[Edited by MintMan on Jul 8, 2007 15:01]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 8, 2007 15:56

Damn, really? Lugia of the Sevens? Can you imagine if you made your redebut on Saturday? 7/7/07 for 7777. That'd be some seemingly mega-planned junk right there.

This seems like one of the most amazing anniversery things to hit RE, the coming of a classic. Could this get fresh blood pumping into the stale heart of the End? Who is the father of Tris' baby? Why is there an evil warlock monkey in Passions?

But I think I know what you mean with that plateau of calm in life. I've recently graduated and should have no hinderances left to keep me from doin' junk once I peg down a jorb. * Unsuccessfully class changes to Engineer of the biomedical nature * Damn you, employment rates!

By the way, "Tris" has become our little pet name for Sailor Sassy Star (or Triple S, Tri-S). Of course, the she-REer you could be recalling is Evenfall. She was the top dame in the Monoceros department back in the day.

But, wow, four years. Goodie to have you back, Lug.

"Wings are for when you're drunk. Soup is for when you're sick."
  "That's what my mom used to say. Boy, she loved her wings!"
  - Margaret & Jake, Stark Raving Mad
Sword
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jul 8, 2007 15:57

Yeah, I left just before you implemented the new battling system for BD. Now that I have more time on my hands, I'll actually implement some new battles in my RE gym (I wrote out the web pages; I just haven't uploaded them). That, or I might scrap the whole storyline altogether and rewrite it from scratch (if you look at my gym, it really looks amateurish). But hey, that comes from first making the gym back in 8th grade/high school.

Yeah, I sorta agree with you that Smogon's full of spamming idiots, but the way I see it, I'd rather have a stable place that may have spamming n00bs than no place at all. Besides, I hung out at GGFan's self-made forum a few months ago (before I learned about "the GGFan story") and I realized how much of a jerkoff he was. So yeah, basically Smogon's all we got now, so I suppose we just have to make the best of it.

What stupid statement did that "computer scientist" say? I am an Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences major myself, so I would like to join you in pointing and laughing at that idiot Smile

OMG, SailorSassyStar! Yes! I remember battling her many a time back before NDR made its debut! I'm a bit disappointed that she hasn't posted recently, though Frown

EDIT: WTF???? I'm still ranked in BD???? Damn! That's amazing!

[Edited by Lugia7777 on Jul 8, 2007 16:17]
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 8, 2007 16:50

Was Evenfall/Vision of Paradise really that active in the tourney scene? I thought she just kicked bum in regular battles, topping the valor rankings up until the rise of the Bennu. Feh!

The argument was essentially over numbers and numerals. Numerals represent numbers; they ain't numbers -- all except for the unary representation. Y'know, what does 1010 represent? Most programmers would instantly say either one thousand and ten or, well, just ten, but that is still wrong. It depends if you're using negative logic and which side you are saying is most significant. Hel, it you can still go into tons more bases than just those, too. It isn't even necessary that one and zero are symbols for what we normally define as the two lowest values of a position! Still, in binary, all ones and zeroes represent is areas of high and low voltage relative to some largely arbitrary and convenient point -- nothing more.

This wasn't an argument at this point; I was just explaining something to someone as a corallary to another argument. (For my short time there, I seemed to find a lot of them Boggle)

Their response: "No." Actually, something that short would have at least spared them dignity. And yes, I said "their"; there were multiple. Actually, all of them.
  Same idiots said that the "+=" operator of C++ was a natural arithmetic operation and any non-programmer who saw it should instantly know what it means, which is an interesting and incompetent note since it is also used as the notation for joins in SQL and not an increment-lvalue-by. Come to think of it, the mathematic field doesn't even normally deal with with variables that assume multiple values across an algorithm! Apparently isn't all that natural since it didn't come about till, what, Algol?

I don't think I lasted a week in the chats when I finally decided that, unlike you, I would actually prefer no place at all. Less headaches thataway, at least Dead

And yes, you are still ranked. Take a look around; there are blokes older and more unreturning that you who still are on it, too. Sorta sad, really. I think it has something to do with me lowering the double-adoption level to fifteen. That really stops members' first monsters from growing much.
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jul 8, 2007 17:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 8, 2007 14:37, Lugia7777 said:

So MintMan, how have you been? It's good to also see familiar faces like MadGoblin, Blade, and Dragon_Kirby.

[Edited by Lugia7777 on Jul 8, 2007 14:42]

Me? A familiar face? Yay life affirmation!

But I don't think I was around four years ago...Are we overestimating here?

Penguin Power!
Lugia7777

Member #79

Jul 8, 2007 18:15

Hmmm... I think I meant someone else then... sorry. Probably LE or Lugiatrainer...

* fabricates a cookie *
  * gives Dragon_Kirby a cookie *

EDIT: After a quick Google search, I should change that four to three... (years of inactivity) Nervous

[Edited by Lugia7777 on Jul 9, 2007 5:39]
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Jul 9, 2007 7:47

hehehe

Welcome Back!

yeah man 5 years ago...that was ages! I'm not so active here any more..well I try to be.. would y' believe me an' Zeddicus planned two more posts for Apocalypse Revisited and posting stopped because my slack ass hasn't been good at writing for about 4 weeks now...seriously I hit a hump!

now, off to go snowboarding for 4 days Big Smile ...then back to school...(yr 11) Frown

I don't remember my exact date of joining, I'm sure it's somewhere in the database....

*fabricates Not-Real-WBcookie for some warm returned-ness*

Plus you're legal now - MintMan
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Sep 23, 2020 5:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020