Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 5:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Happy... Anniversary?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 1, 2007 18:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Not that things are really all that happy 'round here, what with the stench of stagnation and death and all. Course we have that during the busy months, too. I think RE was built on old swampland or something.

Well anyway, here's to Reality's End, still one of my favorite sites, mostly for its decidedly non-trendiness. I've missed you this past month and hope the summer season brings you more... anything.

(PS- If I can find a beer when I get home, I'll drink it for you)

So I'm on the Golden Gate Bridge, and everyone is telling me to jump! I was just taking a jog! ~Roy, That 70's Show
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 1, 2007 19:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why not send that beer down a-this-a-wise? I'd be sure to make adequate usage of that brew! Big Smile

... as fuel for an alternative combustion engine, that is. Not for transportation, tho', but decapitation. Swinging that ax gets tiring, I tell ya what, after the eleventh or so orphan...

Back to realsies: Ah, yes, Batt. A true goodie to the RE ranks with his props to the site. Much duely appreciated, I'm sure, by the Ems.

"Imagine the gayest knife fight ever, and then add dancing."
  -Bill Miller, Still Standing
Blade

Member #99

Jun 1, 2007 23:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

bahaha cheers! legal ages stop nothing!
  'Gratz RE.

Next 2 weeks I have exams..but then! Then there will be some story updates! Or sooner if apathy removes its claws from my back Big Smile

* fabricates a 8YearsPastMidnight to celebrate the unholy glory *

Troilism
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 1, 2007 23:36
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oooh, something to comment on... Wow.

That stench is getting a little overpowering, isn't it? Maybe some form of exhaust fan would be good... Of course, for that I'd have to steal Gobbo's head-chopping engine to modify into it...

But yeah, Happy Eighth Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-It...

The sword that kills is that which brings life.

[Edited by Zedd on Jun 1, 2007 23:37]
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 2, 2007 10:43

So sadly, this place isn't dead. I think that is worse than if this place were actually a stench-ridden corpse.

According to the site stats, this place is seeing more and more traffic continuously throughout the year. However, any activity you can readily see (REWS, forums, TSC, and non-BD tournaments) is getting more and more stagnant. One of the highest activity points, strangely enough, is visiting the forums. Not saying anything -- just going to them. Yeah, that's real useful...

I guess RE is more like a zombie, then. It is moving around and stuff, but we all know by the flies circlin' overhead that it's dead. Or Gobbo. He sorta looks like the living dead.
  Well, the site isn't quite dead yet, but the ones classically called patrons of it sure are. Those guys suck. Why the blutty 'el do I even care about them when they don't do anything? I think it is 'bout time for some shifting in the RElder ranks... * stores up a CelebratoryChampagne for a time when it would actually be useful *

Wonder what can be done to draw up some of the blokes from the strangely-still-around REL and BD middle-classers.
Sword
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jun 2, 2007 12:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Alright, I admit it! I just look at the forums, I can't think of anything to say!

COOKIE!

Blade

Member #99

Jun 2, 2007 22:09

The swamp smells too bad, liken posting in the forums to dipping your finger in the stagnant..algae..
  *envisions gobbo doing backstroke*

I check it pretty much whenever I'm online, if there is anything to post about. Maybe we can talk about...hmm video games! yeah..or reruns of old pokemon episodes Big Smile

Plus you're legal now - MintMan

[Edited by Blade on Jun 2, 2007 22:10]
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Jun 2, 2007 23:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, happy(?) anniversary to The End. Here's to another eight years of, um... something every few weeks? Wavey Mouth At any rate, with time on my hands now that college is done, I will try to do something. Gotta do something to ignore the poison ivy. Crying

*With much enthusiasm, uses ChangeSignature on Lunar_Mage's old, overused signature.
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Jun 3, 2007 13:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 2, 2007 10:43, MintMan said:

One of the highest activity points, strangely enough, is visiting the forums. Not saying anything -- just going to them. Yeah, that's real useful...
Hey... Big Smile When do I, I mean people ever have anything useful to say anyway?

Maybe the fact that things haven't changed is part of the problem. I may carry my Pokemon Pikachu 2 around with me every where, but I haven't played a pokemon game in years. As for BD, I guess I'm just getting bored with it. It's been what? Six, seven years since I got here? That's quite a long time to go without much of a change.
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jun 3, 2007 17:56

On Jun 2, 2007 12:58, Dragon_Kirby said:

Alright, I admit it! I just look at the forums, I can't think of anything to say!

Yup, that's my problem, too.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 3, 2007 21:45

Yeah, BD has gone a long time time without change.

... Unless you count when NDR came out two years ago which completely revolutionized the way the game worked. Then tourneys were a switch up, championship belts were another twist. M4, though short lived, also came as a change to break up that time period along with tag team battles and other features that no one cared for. Yep, nothin' new at all Tongue

And, let's all not forget the revolutionary changes ushered in by Nidhogg Dance Revolution!
  * For while supplies last, plants a virtual DancingNidhogg tree *

One of the things I've always found funny 'bout ol' RE is that, despite people claiming to have nothing to say, if anything is said, they're all gab. Pretty sneaky, sis. Pretty sneeeaky.

"That is the least heterosexual thing I have ever heard."
  -John "Bradshaw" Layfield
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 3, 2007 23:55

In my defence, there's been nothing in the last... Long time in which I've actually been qualified to post... By which I mean know anything about the topics.

And yup, those dancing Nidhoggs were pretty revolutionary...

...But In the end, isn't it always the same question, and always the same answer?
Afiag

Member #242

Jun 4, 2007 10:22
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I pop in to the forums to see if anyone is rambling about anything interesting. Which lately has been dissapointing. Of course, I coulden't be bothered to post anything new myself, so..

But yeah. Happy Anniversary to the rotting zombie of RE and all the maggots lurking around in what once was it's organs.
  This is a convenient excuse for me to finish off my bottle of rum in the freezer.

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be orgasmic.
VinnyD

Member #9

Jun 4, 2007 10:58
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jun 4, 2007 10:22, Afiag said:

This is a convenient excuse for me to finish off my bottle of rum in the freezer.

Huzzah RE, retreat of alcoholics and social pariahs all the same.

I'm still here, and I contribute to that non posting forum checking group. But come on, the only active thread here lately has been about a tv show I don't even watch, what do you expect. If you guys want conversation from me start a topic on politics, music or writing.

That being said, hey realitys end people.

[Edited by VinnyD on Jun 4, 2007 11:05]
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 4, 2007 11:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh yeah? Why don't YOU start a topic on politics, music, or writing? Or of course there's that little writing thing over there on the left, that could use a breath of fresh air. And while we're at it, why don't you watch Heroes? Because you don't like it? I don't know if someone who doesn't like Heroes is the kind of person we want to converse with anyway.

By the way, I was being sarcastic. But do feel free to start one of those topics. I'll put in my two-cents worth (which, perhaps not surprisingly, is worth far, far less than $.02).

* With much glee (in fact, a disturbingly large amount of it), picks a virtual DancingNidhogg *

So I'm on the Golden Gate Bridge, and everyone is telling me to jump! I was just taking a jog! ~Roy, That 70's Show

[Edited by Battalon127 on Jun 4, 2007 11:32]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 4, 2007 11:29

Sadly true. Just as Zedd said, the recent postage really has been not only been lacking but exclusive. Heroes, SNES choice selects, and some other junk that I'm too lazy to even bother looking up (you know that's when you're bad) were kinda exclusionary to a point. Of course, the viable excuses to why there's been no new topics -- outside of politics, music, and writing sucking Shifty Eyes

What's even sadder, no one has even bothered to pick a freshly grown 'hogg! ... Oh, someone did... in the course of me writing this reply. Wow, that was fast.

"Imagine the gayest knife fight ever, and then add dancing."
  -Bill Miller, Still Standing
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Jun 4, 2007 17:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual DancingNidhogg *

Sides, I'm no good at writing...Tried, once, long long ago...*flashback*

Penguin Power!
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jun 5, 2007 4:55

Yeah yeah, I'll get to writing something... When I have time to form any ideas at all... None of that now.

And yeah, since I never owned a SNES and watch barely any TV (lack of unoccupied TV to watch doesn't help), that pretty much puts me outta the running.

* with a sense of great celebration, picks a virtual DancingNidhogg *

Release that which was never caged.
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Jun 5, 2007 6:04

I have two SNESae Big Smile oh yeah!

* uses BladeStormn on VinnyD for random pitchforking fwahahaha! *

Go Pokemon Battle Frontier! 7AM every morning!

Plus you're legal now - MintMan
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Jun 5, 2007 10:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know, loads of people are guiltily confessing their lack of postings and/or saying that they'll get around to participating... I know very well that it won't last more than a few weeks.
  Maybe I'll just start to think of it as RE's... forum hiatus?

* Grinning like an idiot, picks a virtual DancingNidhogg *

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be orgasmic.

[Edited by Afiag on Jun 5, 2007 10:20]
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Mar 29, 2024 5:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022