Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 23:34 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Recommendations?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Battalon127

Member #25

Apr 20, 2007 9:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay forumites, lets all come crawling out of the woodwork and help me with this pressing, nay, dire predicament.

You see, being unable to buy a Wii (due to lack of supply, not lack of funds), I did the next best thing and purchased an SNES from a friend, something I have been wanting to do for a very long time. The only problem is, the only game he could find for it was Super Mario World, a game I have beaten senseless over the years. I need a new game or two.

So here's the deal- I'm rather familiar with the SNES lineup and most of it's big names. Many of its more famous games I have played via other means (mostly GBA remakes and a certain other method, the illegality of which I might argue, now that the patent is up on the system and there's absolutely no way in hell I would be screwing anyone over in profits, other than whatever private individual I purchase from). At some point, I'll probably still buy some of these, depending on how hard it is to find them. What I'd really like right now is a game or two that wasn't as well known, but was still great. Preferably something that has a good chance of being available at my local used game store. I'm hitting it on Sunday and if Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, or some other less likely candidate (Chrono Trigger- here's hopin') I'll probably just grab one of them, but something new (to me) would be great too. So what say you SNESers?

[Edit- Damn, that was kind of a stupid title. There's no way I can edit that, I suppose]

Get Firefox 2.0 and never have an excuse for misspelling things again.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Apr 20, 2007 9:26]
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 20, 2007 10:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, title editing would involve, like, another field and exception handling. I should have it, tho', not for cases like this, but for the imminently stupid things that Camo puts into his topic titles.

Anyway, here's what I gots:

The standards: Mario Kart, Kirby Super Star and Dream Land 3, Link to the Past
  The lesser known: Actraiser (make the world, then earthquake it!), Secret of Mana (Action RPG), Illusion of Gaia (More actiony RPG), Sim City/Earth/Ant (Simming anything is all good!), Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre (Enix before being Square'd!)
  The obscure: Gemfire (continental conquer that inspired all of my war strategy games, including the original TSC), Joe & Mac (caveman side-scroller anyone?), Turtles in Time and Tournament Fighters (TMNT in da house!)
  The Super Scope 6 (making it very unlikely): Battle Clash (awesome robo shooter!)

And that's all for now... Gotta pick my brain for more later.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 20, 2007 10:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah, good ol' Snes. It really was a golden piece, wasn't she? Well, I can't really add to that list Ems just spat out as, really, we have the same gameplay (who'da thunk it?), but I can tell you what to avoid like the plague!

The Tick. Dragon's Lair. Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Anything with the Simpsons. All Mario games not starring Mario made by loser educational companies.

I mean, eegad, man. Don't let the impressive names behind those games lure you in. They are nothing but suck on wheels of greater suck!

Oh, some ones did just come to mind: Clay Fighters, Stunt Race FX. B.O.B. Okay, so, really, those ones may be more selective and just grow on you (or in you, slowly eating away your soooul).

"They're nutty as a squirrel's breakfest."
  - John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Commentary God
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 20, 2007 12:51

I tried to stay away from a lot of the SNES fighters (Primal Rage, Killer Instinct, Clay Fighters, and of course, Mortal Kombat) because fighting games tend to deprecate rather quickly. You can play Lolo's adventure, and it is still fun; the choppy controls of Primal Rage? Not so much...

I guess I forgot about the other Kirby games, like Dream Course. Minigolf? Yes!
  Then there is Ultraman, which rocks simply by virtue of heeding the Ultraman mechanics.

Also, jump on cloud will go!
Skulkraken

Member #128

Apr 22, 2007 22:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How about a puzzle game like Tetris Attack or Dr. Mario? Barring that, you could always try something like Super Punch-Out...
Battalon127

Member #25

Apr 23, 2007 10:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good call, Skul, and I'll add Bust-a-Move to that list as well(my nearest childhood Pizza Hut had a arcade version of that game. I developed an addiction). I'll probably look into a few of these over the summer (when I have money again), but I was able to get a hold of Chrono Trigger (I love the game too much to not play and own a legit copy) and, between that, Pokemon Diamond, and several hundred dollars for car repairs (unrelated, don't ask), I'm plumb cleaned out.

Get Firefox 2.0 and never have an excuse for misspelling things again.
Blade

Member #99

Apr 25, 2007 8:00

The following are some of the games I used to play on SNES..now sadly I only get it out for some Mortal Kombat 3 now and then:
  -Breath of Fire II
  -The Chessmaster (who wouldn't play it?)
  -Clayfighter II: Judgement Clay
  -Earthbound (different, but quality nonetheless)
  -Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
  -Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  -Megaman X 3
  -Seiken Densetsu 3
  -Shanghai 2 - The Dragon's Eye
  -Live A Live (now here's one of those games that could only ever be appreciated on SNES)

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may blow.
  And many miles be still to go.
  But under a tree I will lie,
  And watch the clouds go sailing by.
  -Drinking song

Lerioi

Member #252

Apr 26, 2007 8:15
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and of course Final Fantasy. Two of my favorite games. Oh, and Yoshi's Island.

"A body denied death...He's just like me!"
  Lerioi to Kari after watching MC6.
  The Misfit Leader Chronicles: Book two.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 23:34 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022