Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 20:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Peter Rabbit

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 8, 2007 16:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hi its me, starting another doomed thread!
  I mean look this is the second post having to do with bunnies(kinda, sorta, not really).

SO! Easter Bunny's name is changed to Peter Rabbit in order to conform to other's beliefs, but is it not stomping over christian beliefs in the process?

In a government building, as scene with stuffed bunnies, eggs and a sign that said happy easter were removed to "be more tolerant to other religions." I am the only one who thinks they could have just taken down the sign if they wanted to be anal, since its quite apparent its spring time?

Are there anymore of these cases I haven't touched on?

"Your Mom" - Dad's response to me answering the phone saying "hello?"
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 9, 2007 8:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's... not even the case.

No one calls the E.B. "Peter Rabbit." Ever. That's just a public domain character from a line of children's books, The Adventures of Peter Rabbit. Now, there's a deal with Peter Cottontail, which was a Easter special and, apparently, is just some sad ass laziness as it just combines the names of two characters from the A of PR.

But, no. No one has ever made a push for Peter Rabbit. There is no documentation suggesting this. I wish that were the case, however, as, instead, they are pushing for Spring Bunny Angry

How much of a gay-ass-piece-of-crap can you be? Easter isn't even a Catholic name. Ya slap together ancient Slavic lore with fertility goddesses who turn birds to hares that still lay eggs, cross it with Hungarian craziness of decorating eggs for unknown reasons, and then continue to celebrate it 'cuz it keeps the new converts happy. That's Eostre in a nutshell. Why the hell does it need to become "Children's Egg Hunting Day"? America needs to man up and quit being such an ass mason, dammit!

I mean, I could at least partially understand it if health conscious gurus were leading the charge claiming that the States didn't need yet another reason to consume twenty pounds of sugar and cocoa, but, no. Who do we get? Uneducated dumbasses who don't want anyone to be offended even by the religious name though no one is except for the people of that religion!

In closing, Peeps are crazy delicious and are meant for "Easter Time", not "Springtime".

"Boy meets girl. Girl is kinda stoned. Boy has nachos."
  -Classic American Love Story, Still Standing
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 9, 2007 13:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yum, sugar and cocoa. Lick Chocolates and caramels and marshmallows, oh my!

Seriously, can't you ever just be happy? Who gives a crap what other people think so long as you get to celebrate what you want how you want? =B I bet you're just jealous because you didn't get an Easter basket full of goodies.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 9, 2007 15:39

Actually, I got one of the largest baskets of crap that I can ever recall. This year trumped even the loads my grandmommy would dump on me. I had to weigh it, in fact. I got on a scale, looked, dropped the bag, looked again. Seven pounds. That's too damn much, especially considering how much of it was Peeps. It's so damn much I have sworn off Easter candy for this year to prevent from getting diabetes Slanted Mouth

The same stipulation was not held for the bunny decked carrot cake Lick Mmm, butter frosting...

And, yes, it was a "bag" of candy. No basket could hold this ungodly bounty, so it had to be a deep, paper bag D'oh

It should be noted that my mother is insane.

(21:13:36) Bimblesnaff: ^AIDS
  (21:13:45) J Chop: aids heh
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Apr 9, 2007 23:22
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You want insane? When we were kids, our dad always hid our baskets in the most fiendishly clever spots, often sending us on a hunt for our baskets that took upwards of a half hour. The guy was a freakin genius at hiding them. They were always in the spot you'd least expect, like the oven, the tops of cupboards that were to high to even reach or see. Good times.

*With much enthusiasm, uses ChangeSignature on Lunar_Mage's old, overused signature.
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 11, 2007 23:34

Speaking of peeps, has anyone tried the cocoa peeps? I mean, I love the strawberry ones, but man those cocoa ones rock.
  Now, for easter, I love deviled eggs. They be delicious.
  Easter is the best time to suck on eggs.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Afiag

Member #242

Apr 13, 2007 11:32
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Huh?
  They have [i]cocoa[/i] peeps?

We're all doomed to tooth decay and issues with blood-sugar.

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be orgasmic.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 13, 2007 13:58

Technically (onoz, the correct itailics!), they already had cocoa Peeps for some time now. The Halloween variety, a bat shape, was chocolate flavoured. All they've done now is stick in into the bunny shapes.

But, back to Lunie, that doesn't sound bad at all. I mean, so what if he hides it? That sounds fun. I'd rather have that and burn off some of the kajillion calories I'd be about to intake than having a bucket of lard practically shoveled into my mouth.

Sign #23 That You Know You're Old: You begin to worry about your health Dead

"Boy meets girl. Girl is kinda stoned. Boy has nachos."
  -Classic American Love Story, Still Standing
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 16, 2007 16:22

Well not to worry because being an active member of a forum, such as here keeps your metabolism active, which lowers your risk of weight gain, or at least thats what I like to use as an excuse!

Realitysend: Low in Calories, but with that Taste of Bitterness that you Love*and the incorrect capitalization that you can't live without!*

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Camo

Member #5

Apr 18, 2007 3:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Easter made my girlfriend sick.

Piss.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 20:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022