Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 3:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Aliases

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Lerioi

Member #252

Feb 28, 2007 8:11
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mine came to me in sixth grade. Lerioi then became a character in my Misfit Leader Chronicles. I am also called a Zoob (Zombie Noob) by Pikang at school. Not very uncommom because my character's dead.

Then there's Lera. Two people at school call me that in Art History. Two very good friends. They couldn't get the name right so it stuck for this class.

"A body denied death...He's just like me!"
  Lerioi to Kari after watching MC6.
  The Misfit Leader Chronicles: Book two.
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Feb 28, 2007 14:55
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Feb 28, 2007 7:55, Pikang said:

Ick.

* With much nausea, gives Pikang an UnderstatementAward *

You been taking some of Boyachi's hooch there, Batttalon? That thing is sureley the stuff of nightmares. Boggle

*With much enthusiasm, uses ChangeSignature on Lunar_Mage's old, overused signature.
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 28, 2007 18:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Better not be taking my hooch, less you wanna be mussed up!* uses Shair on Battalon127 *
  My favorite alias was "sputnik". Some kid in middle school decided to call me that because I was good at soccer...I don't get it either.

"Your Mom" - Dad's response to me answering the phone saying "hello?"
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 28, 2007 18:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, Sputnik, 'cuz you were good at kicking it!

... Yeah, I don't get it at all, either Slanted Mouth

"Bye bye, head!"
  -JBL, Commentary God
Blade

Member #99

Mar 9, 2007 6:45

bwuh!?! I still can't think of anything....I'm leaning towards a japanesey-name (possibly something associated with kage) anyone know any sites with latin/japanese/other language translators that could be useful in perfecting the unique name.

* uses ChaosVortex on MintMan ..for no particular reason Boggle *

F*** off! *headbutts* still need a www.dictionary.com?

[Edited by Blade on Mar 9, 2007 6:46]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 9, 2007 9:28

I know a good Japanesey translator... none... 'cause a Japanese name would be stupid and regrettable to take. Don't be a fan boy.

You probably are not going to find a good translator for any strange language on-line. Your best bet would be to find an English-to-Language dictionary and string your own words together.

"It's so great being alive. You get to eat at Denny's, wear a hat -- it's fantastic." ~ Norm MacDonald
Camo

Member #5

Mar 11, 2007 21:36
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My name comes from the ancient modern creature the Camu, it also has a lot to do with the fact I often camouflage myself into area's I shouldn't be like super secret underground military basses and female locker rooms.

Or it could be short for Cameron, I'll let you be the judge.

There is the possibility of displaying different signatures!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 14, 2007 2:21

Speaking about camouflage, I almost hit an armed forces officer after picking someone up from metro. It was dark and I didn't see the guy until it was too late to stop. Luckly, his in front of me and to the side meant he was on the sidewalk. So the next time you get stupid looks for walking along the road wearing all black, remember there are easier ways to be ran over.

Kage...hmmm: Monki Kage? Johnny Kage? Akageo? Kagensou? Seppukage? Kageddon? Kagexotic? Kagerotic? Kaged Raged? Kagegak? Kagelatin? KJATA! Semper Kage? Kagea? Kagedal?

Ok, so you'll prolly think most of those where "suckage" but that might start you out, if you are sticking with the "kage" idea.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Blade

Member #99

Mar 14, 2007 4:05

No, ditching the japanese names. my friend stole Kage anyway, and is now using it for the name of our CS Clan....

Ho! Ho! Ho! to the bottle I go
  To heal my heart and drown my woe.
  Rain may fall and wind may blow.
  And many miles be still to go.
  But under a tree I will lie,
  And watch the clouds go sailing by.
  -Drinking song
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Mar 14, 2007 19:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Going by MintMan's instructions on how to make a name, I have failed miserably...and yet never on anything has "LieutenantEagle" been taken. Must be the fact that 95% of the American population can't spell "lieutenant"...and the non-American population didn't really care for military terms.

In fact, I didn't care for the military either. Anyway:

Eagle - the highly unoriginal name that started it all on something that back in its heyday was known as Bonus.com (Disclaimer: Click the link at your own risk) Amazingly "Eagle" wasn't taken - go figure. Anyway, there was a then-seemingly-awesome game called BattleField where you get to man a tank, join one of four teams (and you can switch alliances whenever you want - backstabbers' haven!), and go on to shoot up the other three teams' members in a then-awesomely-seeming Java program, and go up the ranks from Recruit to General. The catch was that your rank was deleted if you didn't play for 30 days.

Regardless of the fact that I was a big fan of BattleField, I always ended up busy for 30 days. Moreover, every time I would get to the rank of Lieutenant - very close to Captain once, but just as it was coming within reach, another 30-day period of inactivity knocked me back.

Eventually I thought, "To hell with it all", and decided on a permanent screen/username: LieutenantEagle. Variants include LT Eagle and LTN Eagle, with or without spaces and/or underscores as necessary.

The LT and LTN variations were sometimes taken, but not the full spelling.

I was lately considering changing Eagle to some other language - Oryol in Russian or Aguila in Spanish - but then thought, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

...The conclusion: Difficult-to-spell dictionary names work. Quod erat demonstrandum.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

[Edited by LieutenantEagle on Mar 14, 2007 19:43]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 14, 2007 21:21

Not Japanese, not based on a fad, no numbers... don't really see how that violates any of the rules I set forth.

The dictionary rule applies to a single word, not a combination thereof. Two dictionary words are more rarely taken and thus not in violation of my guidelines. Maybe I should clarify:

1) No screen names that are only one dictionary word.

There. While I'm at it...

4) Japanese is just a fad, but it deserves to be restated: No Japanese words in your screen name!
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 14, 2007 22:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oooh, I like LT Eagle. Because it can be a rank and initials. Think of the possibilities. Lewis Thomas Eagle. Lawrence Tierney Eagle. Lenny The Eagle. Lealix Timmerman Eagle. Latimer Thaddeus Eagle. You get my drift. Or it could be, you know, a mystery. * class changes to Assassin * Because they're mysterious...

When I was in the 6th grade I was a finalist in our school spelling bee. It was me against Raj Patel. I misspelled, in front of the entire school, the word "failure". ~Dwight Schrute, The Office
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 14, 2007 23:27
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, how about the new nickname I've got (that I'm using in Kingdom of Loathing) : Xazz?

Sound good, or should I just stick to the name I've got now?
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 15, 2007 24:26

Hmmm... four letters ain't good (only 26^4 of those names around), one syllable, and strange but fairly hyped letters (X especially). It is original, no doubt, but how original are others online? Let us see what our friend Google has to say about your name....

Well, it is a salon, a design group, and several user names for things that are not Kingdom of Loathing. And apparently, it is taken as an AIM name -- same with Yahoo! Those are some pretty big determining factors. You may want to keep looking.

"She felt as though she had raped herself with me." ~ Louis C.K.
Sword
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 15, 2007 3:24
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dang. The other names I've been using lately, Kurokaze and Valeisla, probably aren't much better then, either. ....Ack, I need better sources of inspiration...
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 15, 2007 7:57

Actually, Google only pulled one result for Valeisla, and that was a Gamespot account. Kurokaze looks Japanese, but the other one looks fairly un-Nippon and suitable for namage. It isn't a Y! screen name, and I doubt it would be an AIM one, either. * to prove his unfitness, uses Poison on Battalon127 *

"You're single in your twenties. When you're thirty-nine, you're just alone." - Nick Griffin
Sword
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 16, 2007 24:28

Actually, the Gamespot account would be mine, if what I've heard about Gamefaqs and Gamespot sharing user accounts is correct. I agree that using random Japanese words is kinda stupid, but I couldn't resist naming myself "Black Wind" in a game about monarchs and generals leading armies to lay waste to enemies. That, and I figured it would be less of a cliche, considering that I'm part Japanese myself.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 16, 2007 12:59

Well, that actually gives you a full on reason to use such titlage. Most of the people out there just use it "'cuz Japan is cool". It's only lame and cliche when done for that reason alone.

That other one ya were toting was pretty fly, too. That's a name I know I'd say, "Pretty coo'" to, although it does hint of feminosity... Shifty Eyes

(21:13:36) Bimblesnaff: ^AIDS
(21:13:45) J Chop: aids heh

Sword
Skulkraken

Member #128

Mar 18, 2007 23:09

That hint of femininity is the exact reason I haven't used that other name very extensively. My younger siblings warned me that using the name Valeisla might cause people to mistake me for a girl. While such a situation might possibly be amusing, it would probably be a bad thing in the long run.
Ash10

Member #3

Apr 16, 2007 19:37
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mine came from when I was 10....Hence the 10.

Needless to say, I no longer use this name anymore.

And...it sure has been a long time.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 20, 2024 3:57 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022