Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 17:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Avatars

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Blade

Member #99

Dec 21, 2006 4:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Any chance of us being able to make avatars for the forums? eg:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Of course they would have to possibly be smaller than that...and linked from photobucket....but what this topic is really needs is an excuse to go off-topic Big Smile and here it is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NOTE: I didnt draw any of this, props go to the Artěst, Gobbo

The Sword and the Sickle
  The sword sang on the barren heath,
  The sickle on the fruitful field
  The sword he sang a song of death
  But could not make the sickle yield
  William Blake

[Edited by Blade on Dec 21, 2006 5:18]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 21, 2006 10:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As has been brought up before, forum avatars will prolly never come around here at RE. Like every other never-existing feature, it is simply because it wasn't around a long time ago and wouldn't be used by the forum main stays; about one to three percent of the old members would make use of the function, and new members.... well, there are no new members, so they don't even count!

Besides, if people used cool avatars like that, I'd be more for it. Instead, site avatars are typically stupid things, like photo-manips of little girls to have fangs. Nothing says priveleged son with way too high of a self-concept than a little girl photo-maniped to have fangs Sweat Drop
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 21, 2006 19:18

Additionally, 'tars are one of those things that go against the flow of RE. I know at some other places, that have avatars and giant signatures, it takes forever to open/browse a page. Now, granted, on high speed... it still takes too damn long.

RE is very non-graphical, fast-loading, and practical. Frankly, having a dancing banana or whatever the hell the kids sweat this day plastered all over the page adds nothing to the ... anything, really.

I think there was thoughts of emoticon association or default settings, but, outside of that, it really just isn't practical.

Damn that practicality. It's ... well, practical Wavey Mouth

"That is the least heterosexual thing I have ever heard."
  -John "Bradshaw" Layfield
Blade

Member #99

Dec 21, 2006 20:32

lol. all i wanted to do was put those pictures up ): ..jeez you guys are 15 hours behind us..that is huge (I never really looked at the on-site times until now since I am bored...I mean I just read all of KoA for something to do)

Blackness covers all I see and all I touch.
  No feeling of pain just sorrow.
  My hand loses grip of the sword I held.
  And I turn to become a true shadow.--Rikimaru's death song. Tenchu:WoH
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 23, 2006 11:21

Oh yeah -- memory. That's another reason this whole idea is a-no-go.

I could allow off-site linking, but that is it. I am already pushing the limits of my memory on this site; I wouldn't be able to house users' impersonal and nondescriptive GIFs of God-knows-what meme they are interested in at the time.
  Although everyone should have some site to hot link off of -- even if a PhotoBucket or something -- I remember specifically from the last bringing-up of avatars that it was demanded they be able to upload. Hel, people wanna upload for END, too. Guess they don't want to waste any of the fifty-some-odd megs they get for the same photograph again and again on PhotoBucket...
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 17:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022