Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 15:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Yer Year End Review

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 16, 2006 19:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This year, RE had many happenings. There was the coming of three new adoptables with the long awaited Bennu completion and two shots from outta nowhere with Tiamut and Peluda, several REgulars either starting college or preparing themselves for the dread, revisiting and reliving just why Crazy Mai has her name, the limited edition RE Group Picture that is no longer current to the active roster and is thus worth even more in the price guides, the arrival of BD Championship belts that were appreciated as much as tag team battles, a few dozen crazy Camo things including drunken adventures, stories, and caught-on-tape wackitude; checker that fought, grave-dug holidays that blurred which year was what, a RE mark post-yourself mapping that proved no one cared, the fall of BW, the rise of RPeX, the death of RPeX and writing of any kind, the crowning of a Dance King, the apparent participation in the REL Board despite no one knowing what the hell was posted in there (admit it!), the return of no one old, the arrival of no one new, the disappearance of countless, dreams being built in END only to never come into fruition, Shadow Aura still half-owned entirely by me alone, the question of who is the father, the riddle of who got pregnant, and the bewilderment of why it was Ems! All of this came within the year at RE, and it's not even over yet.

... So why the hell does it seem like nothing has happened?

"Now broadcasting with twice the power. It's like giving Cyclops two eyes."
  "Oo, depth perception! Rarg!"
  - WFNX, Boston
TheFireToad

Member #244

Nov 16, 2006 21:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm. Seemed pretty eventful to me.

Don't worry, the year still has over a month to go. Let's hope it turns around soon.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 17, 2006 1:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe it's just me, but forum activity seems to be at an all-time low. And what little activity there is seems to be done by the younguns. I haven't heard from Vinny, Lwty, Cheet, or hell, even Boyachi for a long time. Come to think of it, I haven't exactly been too active myself lately. But the one thing that has been missing most from the forums recently? Camo. No crazy Aussie and the party dies. And the party was never all that wild to begin with.

As for myself, I know I have a history of making vague plans to work on stuff I never actually get to, but with a freaking month for Christmas break, I plan on redoing my gyms. Improve the story (and in the case of GSC) the interface. I've already picked back up Battling Dragons, and even better, actually started winning! So, you see that, kids? I'm doing my part. What are YOU doing?

Windows = the dorky car your mom wanted you to get
  Linux = the car you got to hot rod until you realized you're not a mechanic
  Mac = The car with good looks and great mileage, but you can't buy deisel for anywhere, and no one wants to ride in it

[Edited by Battalon127 on Nov 17, 2006 2:01]
Zedd

Member #76

Nov 17, 2006 6:53
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, now that my exams are over, I have a couple months (extended summer holidays. Tasty.). I'll at least add some stuff to KOA, if not try to revive my flailing BD account.

That's right people - I'm still around and making commitments!

To be able to best ten men with spirit alone is to be invincible.
VinnyD

Member #9

Nov 17, 2006 10:37
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, right now I'm busy studying for exams (by surfing completely unrelated web-sites of course), but after that, empty promise that I'm only even half interested in pursuing at this point anyway. See what I did there, with the replacing whatever promise to add to AM or that other one, or drawing a bd monster, or drawing something else, or making a RE gym, or scanning an END av, with a generic claim that could encompass any one of those things. If that sentence reads like a nightmare it's because I'm going on no sleep and I'll be damned if coherence is going to stop me from typing lots of words in this post.

Anyway, on a slightly less maniacal note I may post more over break, though then again thats another one of those things that probably won't happen. Either way I think we can all agree that our time is better spent playing guitar hero and drinking all sorts of caffeinated beverages than pretty much anything else, which is why this is the best week ever for me. Oh and the ants in my room are trying to consume me completely now as opposed to minor hit and run operations, pray for my safety and already lost sanity.

EDIT: Sig fixed

[Edited by VinnyD on Nov 17, 2006 10:47]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 18, 2006 9:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Nov 17, 2006 1:46, Battalon127 said:

Maybe it's just me, but forum activity seems to be at an all-time low.

Seems like? That's an understatement if I've ever heard one. Which I haven't, but that's a story for another day at a party lacking both babes and booze, so the title of "party" is really a stretch.

Figures exams would be the major blow to most the goin' ons. I know they'll be killing me in a few weeks or so as well. Well, not nearly as badly, tho'. Of the three classes I have with my part semester, one is optional, one is easy, and the other classes doesn't even have one.

Uh-oh, I just admitted to having crap to do before all these angrily weary test takes Shifty Eyes * For his own security, sets a secret SoulSeal *

"That's 'cuz there were drunken Brazilian chicks there."
  -JBL, a Real American Hero
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 20, 2006 3:10

Yeah, exams have nothing to do with it. And I hate when blokes lie and say they do.

You have to remember that I have been running this site for seven years. Every time, right before a big school holiday, everyone goes around saying "I'll be around a lot more once school gets out. I'll do this, I'll do that."

Guess what they end up doing? Jack s***.

Truth is, as soon as the new semester began, everyone started gettin' "busy." They're not busy; I see them on AIM twenty-four hours a day. They are just doin' other crap, and what gets me angry is that they lie about it. Ash10 and Writer77 never made excuses, and I respect 'em for it. They never blamed their schoolwork; they just said "Doin' stuff; see ya around in the distant future."

</buzzkill>

As far as never being deader, this is not just appearances; this is fact. The current standstill of the forums is unmatched since they were on Coolboards. Just look at the new posts in the last month: it is pretty much a weekly addition to a single Classics topic.

Normally, at least new-comers will keep us entertained with their antics, but I haven't even seen any of those. The pool of active RElders is dwindling to dangerous low. Most BDers are content in doing only tourneys for some odd reason. Don't know why; maybe its because of the inferior amounts of XP, or perhaps the lack of gaining wins and lossess. Well, wins and losses are still stored for those. Maybe displayin' 'em would get people going in more web battles.

So, has this year been dead? No, just the last few months. The first three-quarters of '06 alone surpassed all of '05 by an incredible amount. Forum activity of that year didn't even cover two pages of topics. Compare with 2006 and its three page span across Classics.

Whatever happened, it happened in September. Typically, posts around here die off slowly, carrying into subsequent months. A lot of topics throughout September, a lot more than the normal handful. From my records, people didn't stop going to RE, but they did stop talking.

So I guess if you ever wonder "Why isn't anything going on around here," you know just who to blame.
Skulkraken

Member #128

Nov 20, 2006 3:48
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eh, the chief reason I don't really stay involved in this forum is that there are other forums I go to as well. That, and I normally don't have much on my mind that I think would be particularly pertinent to the various threads that are here.
Pikang

Member #230

Nov 20, 2006 11:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's not from this year (and this post is totally off-topic), but I remember trying to ask if "having a Lugia catchable in a Gym was legal?". I think I was the first one to mention that, but Tas_Cube got all the hype...

On-Topic: I have tons of other forums too...like Re-deck.

Oops...I forgot that RE and Redeck aren't always on good terms with each other...I SO want to forget that incident...

OMG! CORNFLAKES W/O SUGAR!!! HOW COULD YOU KONYOSHI!!?!?!

*Paradox goes on a rampage, throwing chairs, boxes, pens, markers, dirty diapers, #2 pencils, recliners, couches, beds, Vajra, Mark, a barell, some sneakers, a tv, another tv, another tv, the boxes for those tv's, a bell, a ring, a handle, a box of cards, George of the Jungle, himself, and finally a toilet.*
VinnyD

Member #9

Nov 20, 2006 11:48
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

See mints, why you gotta put me down like that, there's an understood aspect of whatever promise I make is actually untrue and will not happen. Unless something weird happens. Honestly I don't know how I even started/was involved with AM. And if you say I took a small amount of time to write a story you'd be correct, but the ability to do this again eludes me.

Currently I am swamped, and have another final in about an hour which of course is why I'm on this unrelated forum. Though by currently I mean starting end of last week and ending tomorrow so I have no excuses outside of that. Of course I never needed excuses, I used them anyway to make aim chats about when I was going to put up the next installment of AM more awkward. Boy were they awkward...

Still, except for at the beginning when I felt a compulsion to post in every thread I saw, my posting has always been kind of sporadic. I dunno, promising to participate more here isn't something I can really see myself doing. I might post more and hell theres still that ever decreasing chance of finishing AM, but really if I do I will and if I don't you won't notice a difference Big Smile.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 20, 2006 15:15

Good memory, Pikang. That li'l diddy almost made the long sprawl of events but it actually occurred just before the start of '06 so it didn't make it. A fun semi-recent happening indeed.

Yeah, other forums do take a bit. I know that Ems' browses the GameFAQs boards, DD forums, and did go to another one not too long ago (before it sucked up to hell). Actually, there's more than one of those, so take your pick on which received the honor. And I piddle around at the other site I officially "work" at plus a RP board. Problem is, just like here, we don't do anything at those places. Much like here, we're more the type to sit back and watch, which, actually, I believe is a common trait among REFers. Sure, no lame-ass spammers, but not much of anything else, either Laughing.

Oh, well, works out in the end. And just what is this end? Right now!

*** GLOBAL DESTRUCTION'D!!! ***

"I felt something I had never felt before - a hand on my ass. Who the hell was cupping my ass?"
  - Georgia, Dead Like Me
Zedd

Member #76

Nov 20, 2006 21:37
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I was just about to prove I wasn't making an idle promise about adding to KOA. That was when I found that all mention of the writing functions outside of old updates seem to have been blasted to oblivion.

Maybe off-topic, but can I ask where they have gone?

* uses CatStance in preparation of being shown something that was probably right under his nose the whole time *

Release that which was never caged.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 20, 2006 22:11

Well, it has been under your nose for, oh, a week and a good few day. Something like ten days, I guess, total since I removed all mention of the RPeX from Reality's End.

Why? Because no one way paying attention to it or the forum. Solution? See how freakin' long it took for anyone to mention its disappearance. I mean, it isn't so much that no one even tried to go to the RPeX in ten days time (although that is pitifully sad) but no one noticed that link bubble at the top containing absolutely no graphic whatsoever. Gobbo noticed it the first time he went to click a link; the Hel was the wrong with the rest of ya?
Rook

Member #112

Nov 20, 2006 23:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Don't condemn us all so quickly. I noticed, I just figured that it was because you were updating it, or something of the sort.

Yes, the reason you have been graced by my absence as of late is because...I'm a jack***. Seriously, I've been immature in many instances. Whoops.

Disclaimer: This is not a promise to not exhibit stupid behavior in the future.

That, and the recent lifelessness of the forums (yes I know I could have helped by making a post).

I still read the forums regularly, so I will be back.

"I can't find any kids! It's like they ditched me in advance!"
  -- Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons

[Edited by Rook on Nov 22, 2006 14:42]
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 21, 2006 12:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh I noticed. I noticed the writing link was missing, the image still appeared due to an uncleared cache. I said nothing, however, as I figured with low participation and the overall pessimistic view Mints holds concerning, well everything really, that he just felt it was a failed project and was content to obliterate it. I've been the one to call attention to things you want left alone before and, as I wasn't too keen on being that guy again, I let it be. Don't mistake my silence for apathy. I love RPeX.

Windows = the dorky car your mom wanted you to get
  Linux = the car you got to hot rod until you realized you're not a mechanic
  Mac = The car with good looks and great mileage, but you can't buy deisel for anywhere, and no one wants to ride in it
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 21, 2006 15:37

So... people noticed, they just didn't say anything Dot Mouth

Well, there's an obvious hole to Ems' "Let's see who notices it's gone" experiment: he forgot the peoples had to actually be vocal on any matters Boggle

"And when I say 'holy cow', I mean udderly, udderly fantastic."
  -JBL, Wrestling God
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 21, 2006 16:08

No, that is exactly what I suspected.

You forget that was a test of both the RPeX's and the forum's activity. The rule was not just that someone had to notice the RPeX missing (which Boyachi did within twenty-four hours), but they actually had to post something in the forum about it. Far too often, people just let things be, which is odd since they always choose exactly the wrong option.

Whenever something isn't wrong, people have no object to posting up a storm on it. Whenever there is a real problem, the masses stay relatively silent. This is just another way of pointing that out.

And Batt, your logic of not wanted to expose any super-secret plots is a relatively baseless one. That happened, what, once? I don't create too many conspiracies around here to the effect that you should expect everything... or is this just another conspiracy? * X-Files theme plays in background *

Masamuno:Whoa Katoe whats that.Katoe:A nidhogg Portal this is where nidhoggs pop out hmmm where are you....it comes!! - My Kamaitachi
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 21, 2006 17:39

Ah, but I subscribe to the theory that the internet itself is a conspiracy, and thus everything on it one as well. As such, I trust no one and nothing. 'Sides, I wasn't so much worried about exposing anything (as you'd just mod that out of existence anyway) but simply something along the lines of complaining when nothing's wrong. Maybe if the link didn't lead anywhere I'd wonder but when the entire thing is gone, everywhere, I assume it's an active decision that you would mention yourself as you see fit. I'm no mod.

This message is not endorsed by me. I am not responsible for any harm, physical, emotional, mental, or otherwise that may result from the above communique.
Zedd

Member #76

Nov 22, 2006 6:25

There's conspiracies everywhere! Just like the way people actually think Elvis is dead. I mean, pfft.

Oh, and Batt, you actually trust people at all? how does that work? Boggle

Edit: In an attempt to create some semblance of being on-topic, the forums now must be getting more activity than they've had for a month...

In two days!

The sword that kills is that which brings life.

[Edited by Zedd on Nov 22, 2006 6:29]
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 22, 2006 11:48

On Nov 22, 2006 6:25, Zedd said:

Oh, and Batt, you actually trust people at all? how does that work? Boggle

Can I assume you mean I "don't" trust people? Because that would make more sense. If so, then yes, on the internet. Although it's more of a don't-know-you-so-I-can't-take-you-seriously thing. In real life I am actually a very trusting and optimistic person. Within reason, of course.

I wonder, has anyone ever planted a Nose tree on here?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 19, 2024 15:19 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022