Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 16, 2024 18:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Much Lower Gas

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 15, 2006 24:23
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, not that kinda gas.
  Rumor is that gas is supposed to fall, least in the states, down to round $1.15, how cool is that? Beer will suddenly have to start trying to continue to be cheaper than gas!...I think...
  To think some idiots are still paying for water in a bottle. Did you know that there is now some swollen water bottle that is the "EXTREME NATURAL WATER FOR KIDS!"? How bluddy sad is that?
  I think the water fad is worse than the gas prices, and i'm sure anyone in england would agree that we still have gas prices easy.

"To Hell: On Purpose" - MintMan
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 15, 2006 24:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I have discussed this much off-line. Here's the main reason gas prices are dropping: when's the last time you heard the news talk about the Middle East? I mean, like, a really big story? With Katrina and 9/11 anniversaries gobbling all of the news networks' time, there is no room left to make scare stories about Iraq, get the stupid American public riled up, and gouge 'em like there's no tomorrow.

Quite frankly, gas prices weren't that insane. I remember in one of the last episodes of Politically Incorrect, Bill went on about not only the prices people would pay for bottled water by the galon, but StarBucks! Dude, that's like fifteen bucks on the galon for coffee, maybe more. However, a magical liquid that can get you from point A to point B without yer lazy arse having to get exercise? Two dollars is waaaaaay too much. Oy. * brings forth a StoneWard to protect self from idiocy * Just in case it's contagious.
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 15, 2006 8:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Over the last couple of weeks we have gone down from about 1.35 per litre down to 1.05 per litre.

That's litre though, as in 1000 mls, I dunno what you American's use, probably something that goes up in 7.5's not 10's.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
Pikang

Member #230

Sep 15, 2006 10:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

We Americans use gallons, as Mints just mentioned...as for being on-topic, I'd rather not worry about gas prices, seeing as I A: Don't drive yet, and B: want a hybrid car.

Hey!!! I found where that cyberdemon was hiding! ^_^ 0 stars moron.
  The green mareng sold ear to the cyberdeMon and now he wants the wHale head into his bed dead. The mareng sat for a mOment...."Legendary Necrophiles!" You heard the scream! Th3n the maReng is head Felt fuzzy... BuzzZ... BEEP!What's this!!!
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 15, 2006 11:12

Hybrids still use gas. And if you wanna go green, you are going to have to worry about a lot more than gas prices, like the exorbadent prices on non-gasoline vehicles.
  C'mon, people, there is a reason we still use gasoline. I mean, people aren't that stupid; we don't just want to give our money to the oil companies. It just happens to cost a lot less.

And I don't even get Camo's statement; the Hel do you think the British system is? Goes up in 7.5s? That doesn't make a lick o' sense. Our gallons are measured decimally like any other quantity. We have quarts down from there, but that's really only when dealing with smaller amounts of fluid.
  The statement of "goes up in 7.5s" really makes no mathmatic sense. Whatever the constituent unit of a measurement is should be hidden when adding other like units. That's like saying you count up your liters in that oh-so-useful measurement of deciliters.
animewatcher

Member #258

Sep 17, 2006 11:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the sharp (and wonderful to look at) decline in gas prices due to the fact we discovered more oil fields? And that these oil fields are not in some across the seas, terrorist threatened country but "in our own back yard"?

I would think this would be the reason as to why gas prices are going down- and not the "Since there are fewer scare commercials on tv, people can't gouge the prices" Shifty Eyes
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 17, 2006 11:43

Gas went down here before that big ol' Gulf find, and that really wouldn't do anything until they started pumping, anyway.

We have tons of oil fields "in our own backyard," too. Canada has a tons, but they are untapped, so they ain't affected any price.

"You're single in your twenties. When you're thirty-nine, you're just alone." - Nick Griffin
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 17, 2006 12:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In any case, gas + price decrease = spectacular.
  After ages of steadily climbing costs, we finaly observe a dive. And a moderately steep one at that.
  Kind of odd when the prices didn't even flinch when the Alaskan Pipeline was temporarily shut down a month ago.

Oh yes, and that 'Aquapod' bullcrap.
  Some Nestlé marketing representative stated that research "showed that kids in the 6-to-12-year-old bracket found bottled water 'boring.'
  Apparently fun is what has been missing from children's daily water intake!
  So they make the bottle weird-shaped.
  Because American children are brats, and know nothing about good health.

And... a dollar or more for bottled water?? I live in Michigan. We are SUROUNDED by freshwater. It should be practcally free. But of course it's not.
  I never buy water, since it's lying around all over the damned place.

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be orgasmic.
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 17, 2006 15:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I just find it interesting that gas prices are at around $2.50/gallon around here and everyone's talking about how low they're getting. I can still remember when people were cursing because gas might climb to $2.50/gallon. Just goes to show you how easily manipulated the public opinion is, since the actual value of $2.50 hasn't really changed much recently.

As for water, I have a Reverse Osmosis machine back home, so even bottled water is a step backward for me. Of course, here at school I just kind of gave up on water. Paying for water, pfft. I just refill my large soda from lunch before I leave and pour it into a bottle in the mini-fridge. Then go back and refill again...

MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 17, 2006 16:24

Ah, yes, the Revosmachine. The solution to any would-be water problems.

Somethin' that should be noted about water, tho'. I know for my family, and in my present situation, the stuff from the tap is a bit sub-par. It varies with location. Here in Toledo, it tends to have a funny smell. I know my grandmama's source is a personal well which is rip with lime. Nothing goes down courser than water that is literally a foggy white.

Of course, I'm not endorsing bottled water. Well, not individually bottled water. The thing I never got about the situation was I just take a short trip down to the water... place? And fill up at the price of 5 cents a gallon. You could load up a car with massive containers for the same cost someone else would spend on a daily amount of fluids. Now, that's stupid.

Why did I say this? I... wanted to talk... * brings forth a ShinyProtector to shield him from assult... or assault... whichever *

"And when I say 'holy cow', I mean udderly, udderly fantastic."
  -JBL, Wrestling God
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 18, 2006 1:19

Well, when one is used to drinking cloudy white liquids...
   Reverse Osmosis? Isn't that a dehumidifier? I have one of those thats around a decade old, i'm not sure I'd drink the water from there...but then again thats from the air I'm breathing...I'm not sure I want to breathe in this house anymore.

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 16, 2024 18:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022