Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 7:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: May the world never forget...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Pikang

Member #230

Sep 11, 2006 8:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Even though the 9/11 attacks occured in the USA, I was wondering if anyone here OUTSIDE of the country was affected by the Twin Towers Tumble.

Myself...I didn't have anyone affected, but I was shocked that this sort of thing happened on that day five years ago...All I remember besides that was that I was in fifth grade, and that's about it.

So...anyone ELSE affected in ANY way?

Hey!!! I found where that cyberdemon was hiding! ^_^ 0 stars moron.
  The green mareng sold ear to the cyberdeMon and now he wants the wHale head into his bed dead. The mareng sat for a mOment...."Legendary Necrophiles!" You heard the scream! Th3n the maReng is head Felt fuzzy... BuzzZ... BEEP!What's this!!!
VinnyD

Member #9

Sep 11, 2006 10:41
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Forget what...

Oh that.

Whats just as horrible as the actual event is how its become a political tool, but thats just as old as the event itself. I will say that the jokes still aren't old seeing as only a few people have the guts to do 9/11 jokes. I've seen people who are into dead baby jokes scoff at 9/11 jokes, yes 9/11 is a real event but its still splitting hairs when its an issue of taste.

Except for the people who do airport jokes, those have been terrible ever since seinfeld said whats the deal with airplane peanuts. "Hurr hows about that airport security, takes five hours to get to the plane"

So this was more about comedy than 9/11 but thats since Im going to have to endure another never forget every year seeing as the post-911 world we live in won't stop being a post-911 world by definition. So here's to an eternity of crying eagles crying red white and blue tears.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 11, 2006 12:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Jeez, Vince, it's nice to see that you're a horrble, heartless bastard.

People died, the nation was gripped by fear, and our horrible unsecure practices were exposed.

You don't make light of things like this nor do you blow them off. You don't make light of Pearl Harbor, you don't make light of the Holocaust, you don't make light of Hiroshima, and now this one is added to the list. Sudden, mass, and violent deaths = not cool, Zeus. Not cool. Seriously, man. Not cool.

Back to topic, I'm one of those not involved people. Midwestern with wholly Midwestern family. I still thought the event was dreadful, who didn't? But, outside of the soul crushing woe, there wasn't much of an effect to befall me Slanted Mouth

"You didn't drink and drive, but you were drunk and making out with the guy driving the car. That's just as bad, there's just no mothers against it yet."
  - Sean Finnerty, Grounded for Life
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2006 12:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I would be much more outraged at Vince if this topic had not started out with the phrase "Twin Towers Tumble," which seems offensive by its very nature, and if Boyachi had not made and subsequently had deleted another 9/11 post that really makes me consider attaching a breathalizer to his forum access.

I guess Vince wants an apology from all those people who died since his life must be inconvenienced once a year, huh?
Pikang

Member #230

Sep 11, 2006 14:47

On Sep 11, 2006 12:20, MintMan said:

I would be much more outraged at Vince if this topic had not started out with the phrase "Twin Towers Tumble," which seems offensive by its very nature,

I didn't mean anything offensive by that...I just wanted alliteration in there. Seriously, it happened that way, so I don't see why I can't call it that...not that I WOULD call it that every time.

The towers crumbled and collasped, but I didn't think that was funny. I think that Osama belongs in Hel, with me ripping off peely skin off his bones, then grinding the bones and burning the powder that remains. Then I could head back to life and be on with it. There is no way he deserves to live (though, knowing that we haven't found him yet, he might be dead anyway).

The green mareng sold ear to the cyberdeMon and now he wants the wHale head into his bed dead. The mareng sat for a mOment...."Legendary Necrophiles!" You heard the scream! Th3n the maReng is head Felt fuzzy... BuzzZ... BEEP!What's this!!!

[Edited by Pikang on Sep 11, 2006 14:48]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 11, 2006 15:31

Yeah... alliteration has its place. You gave a catastrophe a cutesy name.

Not cool, Zeus. Not cool.

There are several things that the incident is legitimately called without sounding that some horrible summer dance craze.
Pikang

Member #230

Sep 12, 2006 8:24

Understood, Mints. I shouldn't have said "tumble" at all. Next time I'll try to keep my mouth from saying things that would insult someone.

boyachi

Member #92

Sep 12, 2006 18:16

It was the reference to Ice, wasn't it. Gah.
  Oh hey.
  How much did the survivors of Katrina get? I mean, talk about knowing about something ahead of time. Least most of the people still in the buildings were crushed to powder almost instantly. Drowning takes a while. So does starving.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 13, 2006 3:39
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 12, 2006 18:16, boyachi said:

Least most of the people still in the buildings were crushed to powder almost instantly....

Yeah, still in the buildings. That's an important thing to note. I know I'm pointlessly ranting now (Just had a class where we watched some documentary that was banned in the USA, so it's all fresh in my mind), but apparently the American press basically censored the whole notion that people actually jumped out of the towers.

Why, I'll never know(what's wrong with wanting to die in the open air?)

The sword that kills is that which brings life.

[Edited by Zedd on Sep 13, 2006 3:40]
Lymfada

Member #214

Sep 13, 2006 10:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually thats not true. We (the american people) were told about people actually jumping instead of being burned to death the press did not film it and or show it. I for once think the press did the correct thing. Why on gods earth would you even want to see that. Think about it its a real life situation and a person has to make a decision to be burned to death or jump out of a building. Either choice is death. Normally the press would show it over a million times to get the ratings which I think is just wrong. Im sure a lot will disagree with me about freedom of the press and such but sometimes they just go to far.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 13, 2006 16:12

Woah what TV were you watching? I saw the people flying out of the buildings and the people with the cameras screaming going hysterical.
  Its still a quick death, instead of dust, you're jelly. Even if you land on your feet, how long does it take for your spine to shoot up into your brain, or I guess for your brain to impale itself on the spine since the brain still has the downward momentum that the spine doesn't as its collasping. Which then gets into the point that if your spine is collasping, that means that you aren't going to be able to feel much of anything, since all your nerves will be getting crushed.
  Maybe I'm wrong and it would be really painful, but its over in less than a second when you crater. Most of them leaned out and then jumped. Honestly if they wanted a chance in hel they should have taken a running leap out the window in hopes that the forward velocity would allow them to land on the roof of another building and would allow them to roll foward so even if they shatter their legs and break their shoulder, they could still be alive (in pain but still alive). Sadly I haven't heard of single person making it to another roof, surviving or not.
  Really the people that suffered the most would have been the burn deaths ( once the nerve endings are burnt you feel next to nothing) and the people who died from smoke inhalation ( which lacking oxygen would mean suffocation and a very slow death).
  Luckily they haven't shown any surviving security camera footage(if there is any) of that happening to people. Then again, watching someone crawl around on the follow and then just stop moving wasn't nearly as dramatic as the jumpers, the planes hitting, or the towers collasping.
  I would have to say watching someone drown in the house that they have lived in for their entire life would have been very theatrical, and maybe more people would have cared that first week after Katrina if something that sadistic were aired.

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Michael

Member #224

Sep 13, 2006 17:54
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's a pretty sad world we live in if we require a sadistic media to engender feelings of sympathy.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 13, 2006 21:23

No, you know whats sad, is that was the only time period in YEARS that the united states citizens were patriotic other than just on Independence day.
  But then nowadays we have our reasons...*cough*

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 7:31 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022