Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 9:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Waiting til the last minute to register

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 20, 2006 23:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Everytime I registered for college classes I did it the night the registry opened. This kept me from getting 8 o'clock classes.
  This year I registered...last week. Tomorrow is my first day of class, so I have to remember to get up before my class starts

at 2pm.

So who got stuck with starting school this early, or earlier? How about those that still have to get up at 5 or 6am because school? Whats everyone taking this year/semester?
  Does anyone suck less than me and actually have a job?

Mintman: god of web -Mai
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 20, 2006 23:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm a smeggin' computer engineer. Apparently, they don't think we are capable of even moving before noon. The bulk of my classes are at quarter 'til six. Oy...
  Also got some one o' clock humanities, and no, this isn't because I registered late. They simply do not offer any other time for these classes. I fit into a wonderfully wretched li'l niche in scheduling that screwed me over again and again for taking certain classes in high school. How that could snowball and even wind up making unable to take classes is beyond my comprehension but apparently somehow possible.

I'm sure we'd here from all the other college REers out there, but college is notoriously the point at which people leave RE to fulfill more important duties like Halo and Warcraft. Way to rage against the machine, ya collegian sheep!
draggy1234

Member #97

Aug 21, 2006 1:38
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think my schedule turned out OK for going into my first year of college. Unfortunately, that's only one thing out of so many pieces of advice and information that I have to keep in mind once I start (i.e. don't join fraternities right off the bat, get internships as soon as possible, attend career fairs, etc.) I'm not even sure if I'll have a secure internet connection to access RE with anymore...

Although I doubt I'll be getting into Halo and Warcraft anytime soon, considering how much heavier the college workload is supposed to be (how do people fit in all that play time anyway?), I suppose not much is certain yet. Frown
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 21, 2006 2:09

The workload doesn't get harder; people just start wasting their time on pretty much every activity you just mentioned (frats and videogames) for the first time in their lives without some sort of parental figure nagging to them. This creates the illusion that their "free" time has diminished, so it must be the class work that's doing it.

Well, it ain't. But college kids are stupid and love to complain. God bless incompetence.

There was a story called "Phalanx Limit?" No way!
Camo

Member #5

Aug 21, 2006 5:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Haha, I repair F1-11 fuel tanks for my dosh.
  Studying sucks.

Oh no I seem to have soiled my trousers yet again
  That's ok my poos are nice I consider them my freinds
  - Nancy Vandal
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 21, 2006 10:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's the first time I've ever started school after labor day, but I haven't even been out of the spanish class I took at college this summer for a month yet. I don't know what the heck I was thinking because I still have a novel and a half to read and a writing assignment for each because of my AP english class. That there is my fault, but I don't want to hear complaining from you guys about how "early" you have to get up. Classes start at 6:55 this year for me, so suck it up tough guys.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 21, 2006 11:35

8:00? 8:00! Lucky bastards, I'd drink piss if I could get an 8:00 class!

... Or not.

Damn ass engineering students (and professors) are the laziest breed known to man. I melt at 2pm. I get up at 5am. My classes hover around noon to 5pm. Now that's crap.

Early registration can't even help my situation. The difference between early and late is, "Did I get the one time it is offered or will I have to wait until next year to take this class I need to graduate?"

Also, shouting! * grinds fingernails into side of head in vertical strokes, fluffing hair * Gahrgaaauno!

"Now broadcasting with twice the power. It's like giving Cyclops two eyes."
  "Oo, depth perception! Rarg!"
  - WFNX, Boston
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 21, 2006 21:13

Woah wait, you have hair now?

Mintman: god of web -Mai
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 21, 2006 23:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Despite the fact that I was on the late end of the orientation/scheduling sessions, I was able to get a schedule that was rather to my liking (yay honors classes). They must start engineers out like everyone else around here before breaking out the lazy. However I also got stuck with a 7 am Chem. lab (I plan on taking a half-hour after I get up to go biking, so combined with a good half-hour for showering, dressing, eating, and making my way all the friggin way across campus makes me a rather unhappy guy Wednesdays). I have a job with the school as an IT guy (yay A+ certification) which, of course, means my nice little 10-12 study/lunch break is now my work schedule. Oh well, at least I'm totally free by 4:00 most days.

- Why do you build, knowing destruction is inevitable?
  - Why do you cling to life, knowing all things must die?

[Edited by Battalon127 on Aug 21, 2006 23:19]
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 23, 2006 18:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

@ Gobbs: What Boyo said.

Wow... I keep forgetting I'm the one of the youngest members of RE... I don't want to grow up. Why did I think taking all hard courses my senior year of high school was a good idea? Why hasn't MM made the birthday thread/contest yet? Can I still get runner up if I draw something before school starts? Will I ever stop asking questions?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 23, 2006 18:54

Nay, I still lack cranial shaftage... that did not sound right.

Still bald, just quothin' a recent crazy, super inside, really confusing joke thing. You had to be there. Literally.

But that will change!!! * plants a virtual BadFakeHair tree to hide his self induced condition *

What's so sad about you being one of the youngest, Tris, is that you haven't had your title usurped yet. I mean, you are still recognized as one of the least aged REers after all these years, with the exception of Afiag, whom I recall beatin' you out by a wee margin of kinds, methinks?

Still, tho', as far as hardcore REer's go, I guess you're the baby of the group. Sniff, and soon you'll be out of highschool. Oh, how our little buttercup has grown. Why, I remember way back when you were just that, what? Twelve year old girl in the RE IRC room. Oh, how time flies by.

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 23, 2006 22:28

And oh how he thinks about those days!
  Speaking about drawing, I decided to take a drawing 101 class.
  My question is, will this help me, or am I bluddy screwed trying to take this class?

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 23, 2006 23:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It depends, I suppose. Are you an otherwise able drawer (Boy that looks strange, is that a proper use of the word?) who simply lacks/seeks training in certain techniques? Or do you lack the skills to draw to your liking? Techniques can be taught, but when it comes to skill you've either got it or you don't. That's the way I see it anyway.
  *looks around
  *gasp!
Gobbs, you grew hair! And so quickly!!

This message is not endorsed by me. I am not responsible for any harm, physical, emotional, mental, or otherwise that may result from the above communique.
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 24, 2006 22:30

Well... I don't think I'm that horrible but I don't think I'm all that skilled either. I mean, thats really my best work there...sadly.

Would mucus be a good lubricant?
Camo

Member #5

Aug 25, 2006 3:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Aug 24, 2006 22:30, boyachi said:

Well... I'm that horrible but I think I'm all skilled really...sadly.

Would mucus be a good lubricant?

Don't worry, everyone on here is horrible in their own special way.

Who wants a hug?

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 25, 2006 12:03

Ew, who'd want to hug a REer? Shifty Eyes I don't count.

Uh... thanks for that little trip down memory lane, papa Gobbs. Laughing I guess I really am the baby of RE though... it's just weird, like you said, that I still should be after so long. I know I must have been younger than 12 when I first got here though, because I'd already been here a bit for the first birthday contest, and that was '02...

As for art, we all pretty much do stink. I was recomended this book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by a bunch of my more artistic buddies. I didn't get past the first chapter because of my spanish class and laziness, but it's supposed to teach you more about how to perceive. I should go look that book up again so that I can get away from my anime-tastic "style."
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 25, 2006 20:24

The right side of the brain is for chumps and hobos... and right-brained people. Unless you draw with your left hand, you really shouldn't worry about trying. 'Twould be better just to specialize in your left-brainedness, methinks. Trying to draw with your right-brain is sorta like trying to draw with your left-hand. It is possible, but is mostly unnatural.

Just try... y'know... drawing well. * gives SailorSassyStar a hug * She implied that she wanted it. You can't arrest me now, non-existant Internet cops!
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 25, 2006 23:48

Did I mention I was left handed?...
  *decides the next time when plastered to totally give Camo a pat on the back*
  Maybe thats what we need to keep good n00bs here: make a n00b hugging page! We just need people to volunteer...not it

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 26, 2006 14:18

Oh nos! My greatest nightmare has come true! *flees from hug and goes into hiding* At least there were no hippos this time...

Boyo, I think you should go ahead and read that book. He may be the master of RE, but that doesn't mean you should listen to everything he says. He apparently doesn't know much about using with the left hand because looksie what I did left handed. It's not that bad, now is it? Once I figured out how to hold the pen, I didn't spend much more time using the left than the right.

Yeah, and the hugging idea isn't really that great. It'd probably scare away twice as many people than MM does already.
Camo

Member #5

Aug 26, 2006 23:54

Oh... The hugs were just like, a cover... For other things.

But yes, RE noob welcome hug page is a fine idea.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 19, 2024 9:11 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022