Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 4:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Webcomics

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
WriteMan.exe

Member #140

Jul 28, 2006 3:00
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm back...

But seriously what are your favorite webcomics?

How many levels of Black magic are there? More than enough to kill you entire family and some!- Black Mage
animewatcher

Member #258

Jul 28, 2006 6:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hrm- tough question for me. I kindof like all my webcomics the same Shifty Eyes They're all updated at different times, and offer different amounts of humor/entertainment.

Machall
  Lowroad75
  Applegeeks
  VG Cats
  El Goonish Shiv
  Girl Genius
  Two Kinds
  and Penny Arcade

Hrm- if I hadta choose one from all over, it would be a tie- El Goonish Shiv has a terrific story with full on fantasy and fun humor. Genius Girl is just drop dead funny- I absolutely love the character designs and the way the creator uses a broken russian-english style accent for some of her characters. Machall has beautiful visuals, and what's cool is you can go form start to finish and see how the artist progressed over the years. It has no story really, but the jokes are "rofl funny".
Lymfada

Member #214

Jul 28, 2006 10:50
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here are a few web comics you might enjoy.

The Noob
  Order of the Stick
  Zogonia

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 28, 2006 11:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'll second VG Cats and add emphatically Real Life. It's pretty much the only comic I check up on daily.

[Edit- perhaps since I'm recommending these comics, I should provide tangible links with them. For further proof of greatness.]
  [Editē- I am an idiot.]

This message is not endorsed by me. I am not responsible for any harm, physical, emotional, mental, or otherwise that may result from the above communique.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Jul 28, 2006 11:54]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 28, 2006 14:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wonder if the absent KK would object to this as spam or something? Whoops, I probably shouldn't have said that he was away Shifty Eyes
  * watches as the forum is buried in non-Camo-tastic spam * Ono!

* To watch over the forum, brings forth an EtheralAlly *

Those comics all suck, maybe, I don't know. Since I'm better than everyone ( Tongue ), here's the real bestest web comics:

Saturday Morning Breakfest Cereal - Daily single panel comic that isn't a cliche nerd-centric regurgitation like 99% of every webcomic.

SinFest - As the name implies, it's about amorality, not the same, tired nerd stuff.

I mean, seriously, I'll admit that I read a few comics about nerd-stuff, but don't people get sick of it after a while?

Additionally to rocking all Hell, both of these comics are, shock, HAND DRAWN. No Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V, crap-tacularism for these blokes, fo' sho'.

I'm bitter and biased. Who'da thunk it?

"But, for once, I am not concerned with the tiny moon-dwelling snack people trying to replace my body with a dastardly copy."
  - Bimblesnaff Bogg, Rumbl-o-Rama
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 28, 2006 21:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Gah! Sinfest. I was gonna say Sinfest. Anyway, what's this Gobbs? No mention of NQH? I'd figure as long as you were posting here you'd at least do a little shameless self-promotion. And since you mentioned non-nerd-centric comics, how about Inside the Box? It has some rather Larsonesque moments that make me smile.

The internet is like a banana tree. With all the monkeys attracted to it, eventually one of 'em will start throwing poo.
animewatcher

Member #258

Jul 28, 2006 23:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lol looks like Lymfada might be checkin out TopWebComics too.

Arg- Sinfest, that's right! Though I haven't checked back with that comic in months. Arrrgg. BTW Gob Tongue Don't knock em till you've read em. They furkin rule!

Lol- Sinfest... The only place where you'll find "You're a Pimp Harry..." "I'm a what?" rofl. Ah... God hand puppets and the Devil with a business stand. Good comic... Goood comic.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 29, 2006 24:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Course I didn't mention NQH. I thought we were to mention comics that anyone could enjoy. Not Quite is like Moxie. You gotta be messed up to enjoy the bitter taste, or something like that. Looks like someone has been watching "American Eats".

And of course I can knock without reading. Generally, I just need to look at something before being able to tell everything I need to know about. What it's trying to be like, what it's failing to be like, and how lazy the cartoonist is. I'm highly prejudious (using the word as it was meant). First impressions seal fates, I say. Bah to acceptance over time!

PS: Sinfest is awesome.

PPS: So is Rolling Damage, although less a web comic and more of a stray archive. Dat chick is hi-o-larious!

"Matter of fact, let's break now." Gobbo took out a delicious human child that he had been saving for quite some time now. As everyone in REF knows, Goblins love to eat babies' cooking. They are able to made scrambled eggs and toast like nobody's business. What, were you expecting something else?
  - Rumbl-o-Rama
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 29, 2006 15:16

On Jul 29, 2006 24:32, MadGoblin said:

You gotta be messed up to enjoy the bitter taste, or something like that.

Apparently you underestimate the patrons of this forums...

[Edited by Battalon127 on Jul 29, 2006 15:18]
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Jul 30, 2006 8:34
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Someone needs to make a comic about all the crazy things I get up to.

NOTE: You can piss ANYWHERE as long as you mop it up.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 4:20 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022