Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 14:32 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: A new world...awaits...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
animewatcher

Member #258

Jun 16, 2006 16:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

K~ Haven't seen it talked about yet, but I'm sure (or at least I hope lol) that there are some WoW pplz out there.

So what is your opinion on the xpansion so far? With the new race revealed for Alliance, the first look at the flying mounts, and the new worlds, and of course the new dances lol, whatcha think?

Personally, I cannot wait for the xpansion to come out. I'm (sadly) sticking to Alliance and choosing Draenei. Gonna relive my Hunter days with a Hunter worth its salt (with good racials and yet still a pretty face finally).

Still though, like always, Horde have better racials for PvP. ATM (and looks like its permanent), the BE abilities are flipping unbelievable. Gain something while giving an AoE silence? Can you say "BE Rogues/Warriors will rule you all"? lol

I'm excited to figure out what the new talents will be from 61-70, as well as the new armor sets/weapons.

And Jewelcrafting, taken right outta D2, is going to be hella fun. Though- I still wonder which weapons and armors will actually be hollow...I mean, it'd be kindof nerve racking if there were 0 low level-medium level weapons/armors around while you try and level up the profession. It'd be even worse if the weapons/armorments actually sucked too, with and without the jewels in them.

As they end posts in the forums on WoW...

/discuss

[Edited by animewatcher on Jun 16, 2006 16:10]
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 16, 2006 16:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

http://refried.timtekindustries.com/index.php?comicID=28

And that's all I gotta say about that.

I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows.
  I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes.
  Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies,
  You never know just how you look through other people's eyes. - Butthole Surfers, "Pepper"
animewatcher

Member #258

Jun 16, 2006 19:04

On Jun 16, 2006 16:29, MintMan said:

http://refried.timtekindustries.com/index.php?comicID=28

And that's all I gotta say about that.

I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows.
  I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes.
  Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies,
  You never know just how you look through other people's eyes. - Butthole Surfers, "Pepper"

LOL. Ah...Love it Mint.

Why Mint? You a hater or somethin? Tongue Just don't like the game or never played it?

Though- I do agree 100%. You make one of the greatest points of Blizz's MMO. And that is, you cannot call a Bikini on a woman Mail with about 800 defence protection. You can call it "Doesn't make sense", but not protection.

Still though, it is a solid game that you can't deny has brought in millions of people under its power, and what's more- people who've never even wanted to play games play it and like it. Not many games can hold that title. or what about where Video Game companies were getting peeved at the fact WoW was making horrible sales for them, due to everyone just wanted WoW and played it everyday, not needing any other games.

Do YOU play WoWQuestion Mark

"Captain Boner does not need socks to improve his package! Now, if you don't mind, I have to go fight for justice... with my boner!!!"
  Lowroad75, "Socks"
Battalon127

Member #25

Jun 17, 2006 16:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Do I play WoW? If by WoW you mean "Women of Wrestling" then... no. If you are referring to the mighty popular MMO game World of Warcraft however, then I would have to say... also no. You see, with horribly crappy hours at work, a monthly car payment, and the expense of gasoline and other general expenses, as well as the fact that I will quite soon have a little something known as college to finance, I find no room in my paycheck for games with a monthly fee. Which is really unfortunate because with said crappy hours, I'd have plenty of time to play (although I'd probably pick up FFXI before WoW). If however, you were addressing MintMan specifically, then you may proceed to ignore everything I just said and replace it with this- "BLERG!"

The internet is like a banana tree. With all the monkeys attracted to it, eventually one of 'em will start throwing poo.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 17, 2006 16:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, that's something that I think would be a pretty consistant view at R.E. You see, A&W, the End is a site for the recreational gamer. The activities here are free of charge and involve no major contribution of time or your soul. Games like WoW and other mass-mogs suck people in and consume lives. Those are the extreme gaming type. You have to power on with those games until you either get bored and uninstall it or just never stop playing it. RE has those types of games were people actually come back years later and pick up right where they left off without missing a beat (I've seen it happen several times, actually).

Basically, the two extremes show those who come to RE and those who don't. Obviously, there are exceptions, such as yourself. However, if someone was paying good money for a source of entertainment, it would be my assumption that they would cut off loose ends like RE to not take away from their ever-consuming quest to get a mount Wink

That's just how I see it, tho'. My eye likes to see things very evilly (WoW kills people and sooouls!!!)

"But, for once, I am not concerned with the tiny moon-dwelling snack people trying to replace my body with a dastardly copy."
  - Bimblesnaff Bogg, Rumbl-o-Rama
animewatcher

Member #258

Jun 19, 2006 18:44

I'd suggest picking up WoW instead of FFXI, Batt, if you ever were to do something like that. Even with the new expansion, the markets are overenflated to the point even the lowest level armors/weapons are hundreds of thousands of zenny. Gotta love Chinese Farmers lol~ There also are much less people than when FFXI first premiered. The game itself is also just rediculous as it requires you to always group past level 10 to get anywhere- and even when you're maxed level (60 atm), you can still get your arse kicked by a level 30 bunny if you try and solo it. Yes, yes, even in all your tricked out-bloodshed-omg-I'm Superman-killer pink bunny armor and weapons, you will still get your arse kicked by a level 30 fluffy wuffy cutesy wutesy bunny.

Still, yea I can see whatcha mean. Gas is becoming a large problem. I'm trying to start saving up for a Hybrid so when the prices drop I can snag one. Right now though they're just a little too expensive- though each day with rising gas prices it looks more and more affordable Tongue And the the car insurance is a pain to have to pay for; but y'know, what keeps me alive and keeps my car running I guess...

There are though lots of new Strategy games coming out that I can't wait to sink my teeth into. My girlfriend snagged Rise of Legends. Gonna haveta ask her how that is, since with every new multiplayer game (that is also free to play online) she wants me to get and play with her lol. I'm waiting for Paraworld to come out. Stumbled upon that game many months ago and practically crapped my pants. I mean...Dinosaurs...And Strategy...Without Dinotopia...What an amazing concept!

Btw Goblin, har har with the rootbeer joke Tongue My character that I've based myself on (and was created long ago for a Forum I usedta go to) was named Animewatcher, aka AW for short. He was a possessed human that was being consumed by the demonic dragon spirit inside him. Since I am a lover of rootbeer, I would have him get drunk whenever he had a bottle- and of course he loved it. His trademark, aside from his appearance and drinking RB, was smoking a candy cigarette haha. It was only after a year that someone brought to my attention that my short name was named after a rootbeer. I laughed and couldn't believe how I had missed something like that for all this time. Big Smile

Hmmm...But what is this..."Soul"...you speak of? You mean those things actually exist still today in human beings that haven't lost them to sex, drugs, money, alcohol, video games, violence, or miming? Tongue lol.

Still though, that's what makes RE so great. It might not "require" anything to play, but it also doesn't "consume" anything either. You can multi-task RE with anything, which I'm sure is why people like it so much (and come back). Of course, people also get bored with RE, just like you said with MMO's, and leave/quit. However, WoW also brings them back, because it is just like Evequest (Evercrack) all over again. That's what makes a game good. It's not how fun it really is, but more so that someone can come back to the game should they leave it.

It's kindof just like regular games. The ability to pause, save, and turnoff a game is great. Taking breaks and then coming back to continue playing is what people want.

I myself will never leave RE, at least not without good cause or a good bribe Shifty Eyes Or if my wife someday forces me away from it lol. Still, you gotta remember, RE is a major multi-task game. Which is why I wish more people would find it. It can go with ANYTHING and still be just as enjoyable as the day you found it. (Actually, it'll be more enjoyable sicne more monsters are being made- as well as future additions to RE's other areas and the mechanics themselves :3)

And just for the record: WoW doesn't kill people. Dangerous minorites do. ~Family Guy

"Captain Boner does not need socks to improve his package! Now, if you don't mind, I have to go fight for justice... with my boner!!!"
  Lowroad75, "Socks"
msanis

Member #7

Jun 28, 2006 2:30
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah... my sister has recently gotten in to it. Very strange too. The only other games she really enjoy playing are Sim City, The Sims, and The Sims 2. So... it just seems wierd that she'd like WoW. We aren't particularly high-leveled just yet, ranging from level 10-20. Not too bad I suppose given our very limited time. Unfortunately I am playing under a shared account, so I can't really give out any names.

...did I mention it was a cool game? It is pretty nice. Recently I've gone back in to my MMO nerdiness. I haven't played 'em for about four years. The concept of the server going down... and ALL progress just ceasing to exist just... saddens/angers me. In addition to WoW I've played RO a few times. It can get a little repetitive at times, but the competitions can become just freakin' crazy. It's more about fun now than crazy leveling though. 'Cause if an account can be deleted at any point in time beyond my control, I see no need to invest all my time in to it.

No purpose, No goals, and quite pointless.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jun 28, 2006 19:34

Ragnorak Online: The game for lamers and otaku to be gay Flat Mouth

If that ain't the slogan, it should be. I'm pretty sure it'd encourage more players than anything. "Wow! I'm a lame-ass otaku! Sign me up!"

"He's coming back, and I think there is only one way we can stop Falak...."
  "Old school?" asked Dracon.
  "Old school," replied Leander.
  - The Search. Old school.
Nitron

Member #267

Jun 28, 2006 20:24
Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

lol their site has guides for "Enjoying Ragnarok". It seems they realize ppl cant do it naturaly...
animewatcher

Member #258

Jun 29, 2006 17:39

I've actually played RO fairly recent. Started playing around January or February for the first time ever. Was with my girlfriend through about 2 months or so- then it got boring and I left.

Still, it was fun to finally play the game everyone once drooled over. They're still adding stuff too (amazingly), like new maps and bosses, new classes (Taekwon, Ninja, Gunslinger) and new events. Had a little wedding in it, which was fun even if it was simple. Killed a few bosses with my uber Assassin skills, and messed with the economy using my Merchant lol.

Still, it became old quickly and I've gone back to WoW (which previously I had sworn off of cuz I hated playing WoW due to a retarded server). Nice to have met RO...Nice to have been on that free private server I found online too lol.

WoW will someday fade away too, being replaced by Spore (duh) or FFXI or Super Smash Bros. Brawl or lord only knows what else. Actually right now WoW is having competition with Rise of Legends, and it'll just get worse when Paraworld arrives on shelves. Until then, I've started on a new server, met a few new people, and began anew with a NE Druid (20), Dwarf Rogue (18), and Gnome Mage (6). Waiting for the xpansion to come out so I can make a Draenei Hunter and relive my golden days. Sad part though is that no matter what the server- Alliance are always retarded...*sigh*

Unfortunately, college has pretty much taken over my life. I weep now when I look at computers, knowing how little I've been on them as of recent. Urgh- college work + college homework = you lose what life ya had lol.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 14:32 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022