Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 18:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: another holiday?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
TheFireToad

Member #244

Apr 20, 2006 17:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

(The following post is not a joke)

Ok, today in school, my friends said that today is something called National Get High Day. I'm dead serious. Please tell me SOMEONE else knows about this.

PS- No, I'm not high. Otherwise I doubt I could type this.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
VinnyD

Member #9

Apr 20, 2006 17:53
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lol, look at the date man. If there was a national high day it would probably be today, but its just a stupid thing that lots of stoners laugh at. Not really much to it past 420 hurrr.

The Official Man's Man of RE.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 20, 2006 18:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't even really get that. I mean, it's not that I don't understand there being a day like this, but I just find it impossible to accept that the stoners would remember such an event.

I find it impossible that they could organize a day.

I find it impossible that they could organize a time of any date.

I find it impossible that they could do anything, really Wavey Mouth

"I've dated one Asian girl, she was very Asian. She was a panda." -Jim Gaffigan
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 20, 2006 18:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't really know how appropriate the qualifier "holiday" is, but yes, this is a real thing. Well, as real as Senior Skip Day or Sweetest Day, that is.

I always heard that 420 was the police code for a drug bust or possession, but I guess that's just an urban legend. Apparently, no one knows for sure what the origin of 420 is with relation to idiot stoners, but since they are all idiots anyway, does it really matter? * inappropriately brings forth a StonerSaver420 *

"I did a radio interview. The DJ's first question was 'Who are you?' I had to think, 'Is this guy really deep? Or did I drive down to the wrong station?'" ~ Mitch Hedberg
Sword
TheFireToad

Member #244

Apr 20, 2006 18:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's it! I remember the kids in school saying stuff about 420. Even the whole thing about it possibly being the police code for smoking pot. But seeing as how I'm not a member of the police, I wouldn't know.

Pikang

Member #230

Apr 21, 2006 12:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Some people in my school spread rumors of an Indiana statewide "holiday" called Fanny-Pack Friday...
  ...which happens to be today! I'm also hearing that it was "Get Drunk and Drive Illegally" day yesterday. Thankfully, no one tried this...

His friggin' name is Junk Man, do you really need a description? He might as well been named Heaping Pile of S*** Man.

-Syd Lexia, on Mega Man 7's Robot Masters
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 21, 2006 12:57

On Apr 21, 2006 12:17, Pikang said:

Thankfully, no one tried this...

Yeah, tell that to the five people I hit! Yee-haw!

* uses Disrupt on StonerSaver420 to let it know that al-co-hol is the drug of choice for RE *

Drinkin' beers! Drivin' cars! Drinkin' beers! Drivin' cars! Gettin' off topic! Drivin' cars!

"Don't you ever, ever compare me to Family Guy, you hear me Kyle? Compare me to Family Guy again and, so help me, I will kill you where you stand! Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: 'Hey Cartman, you must like Family Guy, right?' 'Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman!' I am nothing like Family Guy! When I make jokes, they are inherent to a story! Deep situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a point, not just one random interchangable joke after another!"
  - Cartman in "Cartoon Wars", South Park
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Apr 21, 2006 17:32
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

(Here anyhow) Today was senior skip day.
  The title pretty much speaks for itself.

Ideas are like pants. You use them proudly untill you realize that they're not yours.

Shinyumo

Member #236

Apr 21, 2006 18:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Is Senior Skip Day regional then? Ours was ages ago...
Sword
TheFireToad

Member #244

Apr 21, 2006 19:16

I've never heard of Senior Skip Day. Must have never reached this region before. Either that, or it just didn't go over well with people who heard of it.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 21, 2006 19:37

I remember Senior Skip Day!

I didn't have any classes that day but came into class regardless. Then again, I never really had classes that whole last week or so but came in anywise.

I hung out in the art class, tho', so, like, it was coo'.

Okay, I'm a huge dork. Nothing new there.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
  - Wash, Serenity
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 18:15 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022