Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 5:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Something resembling algebra.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 26, 2006 1:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If a cadilac is heading dow the highway at 83 mph and loses it's left-front hubcap, how many pancakes will it take to shingle a doghouse?

Ideas are like pants. You use them proudly untill you realize that they're not yours.

MintMan

Member #1

Mar 26, 2006 2:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's a trick question. There is no such thing as cake.

"You know they call corn-on-the-cob 'corn-on-the-cob,' but that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that 'corn,' and call every other version 'corn-off-the-cob.' It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call it 'Mitch,' then reattach it and call me 'Mitch-all-together.'" ~ Mitch Hedberg
MadGoblin

Member #2

Mar 26, 2006 8:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, that's just great! Now Fido will be vunerable to the wind and rain. Thank goodness he doesn't exist Shifty Eyes

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
  - Wash, Serenity
Rook

Member #112

Mar 26, 2006 16:30
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

YOU IDIOT!!!!!! The answer is Chuck Norris!!!!!! GEEZ!!!!11!!!one!!!eleventytwelve!

"Surrender now and I will destroy you... peacefully" -- The Regis V from Megas XLR
MintMan

Member #1

Mar 26, 2006 16:57

I hope everyone realizes that the only reason this topic is allowed to live is so that more of my Mitch Hedbergy sigs can be displayed. * class changes to Cleric because he believes in Gosh * Tongue

"I was gonna stay over at my friend's house. She says 'You're gonna have to sleep on the floor.' Damn gravity! Got me again. You don't know how bad I wanna sleep on the wall!" ~ Mitch Hedberg
Rook

Member #112

Mar 26, 2006 20:25
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Can we pretend that it's just a post where all of our combined stupidity can flow, and ignore that post?

"There's so many people whose asses I have to kick! I'll have to carry a list to remember them all!"
  -- Ed, Fullmetal Alchemist
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 27, 2006 1:15

but what you fail to ignore is the the fact that there is a probability of the hubcap to hit the dog house and also for the cadillac to hit the dog house. Now the common dog house would be needing 30 pancakes. You will first need an extra 13 because those will rip. Then you'll realize that those don't last so it will take multiple attempts to create ones that will not be eaten by the dog and survive the elements and by the 6th try you'll find out smaller ones are better. Five more tries will get it perfect and then the car will hit it and you'll have to make the dog house again. Thus the answer is: at least 913 pancakes, and thats with a standard size...

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Battalon127

Member #25

Mar 27, 2006 10:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

But what kind of pancakes are we talking here? If these are run of the mill buttermilk pancakes then we're fine, but what if you use blueberry or raisin? In that case the entire problem would need to be reworked.

Gettin into the Hedbergisms- I was in downtown Boise, Idaho, and I saw a duck, and I knew the duck was lost, 'cause ducks ain't s'posed to be downtown. There's nothin' for 'em there. So I went to a Subway sandwich shop, I said, "Let me have a bun." But she wouldn't sell me just the bun, she said that I had to have something on it. She told me it's against regulations for Subway to sell just the bun. I guess the two halves ain't supposed to touch. So I said, "Alright, well, put some lettuce on it," which she did. She said, "That'll be $1.75." I said, "It's for a duck." And they said, "All right, well, then it's free." See, I did not know that. Ducks eat for free at Subway! Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich. "Let me have the Steak Fajita Sub - but don't bother ringing it up, it's for a duck! There are six ducks out there, and they all want Sun Chips!"
Afiag

Member #242

Mar 27, 2006 13:53
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

More specifically, blueberry pancakes of normal size with maple syrup on them.

Ideas are like pants. You use them proudly untill you realize that they're not yours.

Rook

Member #112

Mar 27, 2006 21:06

The maple syrup would only weaken it. The addition of many raisins would chemically alter it so that the rate of aquatic decay would lessen by 3.5as (alkaseltzers) but, if you add a Chuck Norris factor of .015, the water will stop an inch away from the pancakes and bombard your enemies with roundhouse kicks.

You will never out-stupid-talk me. Evil Grin Laughing Big Smile Dot Mouth Nervous Sweat Drop

This is what I call an 'Oh s***!' moment.
Zedd

Member #76

Mar 28, 2006 2:26
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, but the maple syrup-covered blueberry pancakes are not subject to any Chuck Norris factor, instead being the subject of the SNFL (Specially Nullified Factory Law), stating that whenever more than thirty-four are placed in close proximity, a rupture in the space-time continum wil open up, causing a large void to appear midair where the pancakes once were. Due to the simple concept of nothing being everything and everything being nothing this will prevent any rain from entering the doghouse, due to the fact that everything will be contained in said void, most of which will not allow water through. Therefore, it will only take approxiamtely thirty-four blueberry pancakes with maple syrup to shingle a doghouse. The problem arises with storage...

You want stupid talk? You get stupid talk!
  * uses SwiftSteel on Rook with a Pancake *

The sword that kills is that which brings life.
Sword
Pikang

Member #230

Mar 29, 2006 19:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Mar 26, 2006 1:51, Afiag said:

If a cadilac is heading dow the highway at 83 mph and loses it's left-front hubcap, how many pancakes will it take to shingle a doghouse?

Not really, everyone. The answer is 60,000 gumdrops to line the pancakes that are shingling the doghouse, which is about to get run over by a Cadilac going 83 MPH that's lost its left-front hubcap, driven by a banana that says "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!" but is secretly thinking that there is no such thing as cake.

His friggin' name is Junk Man, do you really need a description? He might as well been named Heaping Pile of S*** Man.

-Syd Lexia, on Mega Man 7's Robot Masters

[Edited by Pikang on Mar 29, 2006 19:58]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 5:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022