Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 19:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Didn't Miss A Beat

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 9, 2006 13:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, that downtime didn't seem to stop a blutty thing 'round these parts. How surprisering. And here I thought it'd be a whole twenty-four hours 'til things got straightened out.

It was a domain name problem, not a site problem, so everything that shoulda happened those twenty-four hours still in fact did.

Oh well, welcome back, RE! That one day seemed so long...

"I like cinnamon rolls. That's why I wish they made a cinnamon roll incense, 'cause I don't always have time to make a pan. I'd rather light a stick and have my roommates wake up with false hopes." ~ Mitch Hedberg

[Edited by MintMan on Feb 9, 2006 16:13]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 9, 2006 19:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Gee, don't everyone be thankful at once.

Well, it was a long day for me at least Dot Mouth

How much do you wanna bet a lot of people didn't even notice?

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 9, 2006 19:52

Hel I thought it was two days. It seemed much longer since i have this place as my homepage, so everytime explorer opened up, I got that error message. I was even gonna post on BW...but now I'm out for the night so...not now.

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 10, 2006 11:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I missed it. I'm here pretty well every day, so of course I missed it. But its kinda hard to tell anyone when you can't get to the site. So when you say a Domain name problem, are you talking something with your domain provider? I'm no web expert, but I understand stuff pretty well when it's explained.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

boyachi

Member #92

Feb 11, 2006 3:56

I gotta say, I tried sending you an email, MM, but it was returned...since your email goes along with the site.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 11, 2006 4:47

Yeah, that really sucked. Not only was the site down, but people couldn't even get set straight by trying to contact me.

A similar thing happened last year. It has to do with my host having really strange billing. This is when I registered everything, and it deregistred since my credit card was never charged! I mean, it was on file, but they didn't do anything with it... which is confusing, 'cause that's the reason I put the card on file in the first place -- to be charged....
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 13, 2006 13:39
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mint,
  With domain names you normally have a choice to auto renew or not. It is usually set to manuel by default because if it autos and you did not want it to and charge it back the registrar has to eat the cost as once it is renewed it is non refundable (at least for the registrar)realitysend is through a Tucows a reseller of domains. I would check and see if you can set the auto renew on that. Also you can own a domain name for up to 10 years so if you wanted to you could register it for mulitple years, lastly they most likely tried to contact you at your admin email address which is an angelfire email and those notices can be construed as spam and dumped so you may not have gotten the notice. I could bore you with more info on it if you want but ill leave it at this, if you have any questions on domains/DNS stuff let me know.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2006 15:57

Yeah... very REFy of you, Lym...

Of course I have it on auto-renew. I have my friggin' credit card in there. They just don't have their stuff together. Hel, they don't even tell you when your bill is going to be up. The sales side is far from the best and one of the most complained about parts of my host.

Luckily, the blokes they have on phones can get stuff straightened out in no time flat.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 19:50 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022