Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 12:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Merry Christmas

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 17, 2005 20:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm sticking to the "it's the thought that counts" theme with this one. Here's the pic I drew to get into the RE holiday spirit that just goes to show that I've been here way too long.
  Inspiration from the burnt cookies my neighbor gave me and Gobbo drawing everyone.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas, and a general wish of good will to all.
Rook

Member #112

Dec 17, 2005 22:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yay! Cookies!!
  Merry Christmas to you, too!

* gives SailorSassyStar a ChristmasCookie *

- Tom: "Huey! You have to help me! I'm in jail! You don't want to know what they'll do to me!"
  - Huey: "They'll rape you. That's what they're gonna do."
  - Tom: "Whatever you do, don't tell anyone! I don't want my baby girl to know I was somebody's bitch!!"
  - Jazmine: "Was that my daddy? Is he okay!?"
  - Huey: "Ummm... Your daddy wants you to know that he's nobody's bitch."
  -- The Boondocks
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 17, 2005 23:36
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Merry....holidays! And I advise you all to not eat figgy pudding, for is is quite nasty.

* fabricates a plate of festive cookies *

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

GCWorld Enter the Abyss....
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Dec 18, 2005 24:26
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ooohh! Cookies! * uses Steal on Afiag's plate *

Why do you say Holidays? Why not say Christmas, or Hannukah, or Kwanzaa, or Ramadan, or President's Day? No one's gonna be offended! Merry Christopher Columbus Day!!!

Edit: by the way Afiag, when you make an item, only the first word counts as a name, the rest is a description. You just fabricated a plate.

- Tom: "Huey! You have to help me! I'm in jail! You don't want to know what they'll do to me!"
  - Tom: "Whatever you do, don't tell anyone! I don't want my baby girl to know I was somebody's bitch!!"
  -- The Boondocks

[Edited by Rook on Dec 18, 2005 24:28]
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 18, 2005 24:56
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh, cookies are good.

Over here we basically just say Christmas. Unless you are strange, like me, and use other things instead.

So happy day of the peanuts, people.

Or Merry Christmas, whichever suits you better...

* uses Steal on Rook's plate with lethal intent *

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 18, 2005 8:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I like JBL's message regarding the seasonal greeting:

Those PC buttwipes tell you to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" because it might offend people or some other load, and want X-mas removed as a national holiday. Yet, we all celebrate and greet with Happy Thanksgiving, a time pretty much were we honor the crippling of a society, theft of their land, and rape of a people.

So, no, let's not celebrate a day that only takes its name from someone regarded by some as a messiah and who, regardless of belief, was historically a pacifist and good man. No, instead, let's celebrate rape.

Not to get off topic, tho'. So, yes, a very Merry Christmas to all. And, yet another reason why the people of Australia seem cooler than those of the States. That, and wombats. Those buggers rock.

* fabricates a XmasWombat for good tidings and such *

Ho ho ho.

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
Sword
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 18, 2005 11:59
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, happy holidays all, Smile This year I want a brand new monkey to add to my collection, some new daggers for more good ol' stabitty action, and some cookies. Can't forget the cookies. Lick

Anyway, may your holidays be filled with hot chocolate (unless you live in the Southern Hemisphere), good cheer, and lots and lots and lots of (good) presents, Tongue

* class changes to Priest *
Rook

Member #112

Dec 18, 2005 12:39

Gimme my plate! * uses Steal on Zedd's plate *

Weren't you listening? Er, um reading? Your not offending anyone by saying Chrismas. Maybe Terrorist's Day, but not Christmas.

So Merry Chrismas! And a Happy Peanut's Day, Zedd!

-- The Boondocks
Sword
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 18, 2005 14:11

Yes, I could say Merry Christmas, but then I'd have to say Happy Hannukah, and Happy Kwaanzah, and Happy Ramadan and whatnot, so, as is natural for us lazy folk out there, I just wish you all happy holidays, Tongue
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 18, 2005 15:27
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, drinking hot chocolate on 40+ degree (celcius, not farenheit) days generally isn't a good idea. Not that we get THAT many of those. Most of it's just in the high thirties. Feggin' heat...

Ummm... Here's where I play the ignorant foreigner again. What is PC? And JBL for that matter?

* With a great deal of determination, uses Steal on Rook's plate once again with lethal intent *

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

"There are few men who can quickly reply to the question 'What is the Way of the warrior?'. This is because they do not know in their hearts. From this we can see they do not follow the Way. By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the Warrior is death" - Ha Gakure, Yamamoto Tsunenori
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 18, 2005 17:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'll 'splain, but at a price! * uses SmokeBomb on Zedd's plate with even lethal-er intentiones *

PC is abbreviation for "politically correct," which isn't a big problem for most the world, but the US is obsessed with it. No one is allowed to offend anyone anywhere ever, and offenses typically range from things that most would never give a second thought, such as celebrating a holiday! Apparently, only non-Christians and non-non-Christians-that-celebrate-Christmas-anyway are allowed to mention the names of their festive season. This year, there has been a big push to just call Christmas "Holiday," as tho' this would make people feel less offended... 'cause the idea isn't what's offensive... it's the name... or apparently so Slanted Mouth

Y'know, a Christmas tree offends people, but a Holiday tree is fun for every religion and creed! It isn't like the tradition of a wintertime tree was assimilated from the Norse into the Christianized festival of Solstice with a number of other traditions to create one giant, bland and vaguely religious celebration! The tree can still be associated with Christmas by every living man, woman, and mentally-unstable child, but so long as you don't say that most damned word "Christmas," no one can be offended by it, because apparently, the easily offended are also very stupid and can't remember the symbols of season Slanted Mouth

Didn't we already have a topic that delved into the origins of Christmas and the idiots surrounding it, like, last week?

JBL is just short for John "Bradshaw" Leyfield, a wrestler/stock market expert who is pretty loud spoken and never wrong. Grood stuff.
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 18, 2005 17:39

True, we may have already delved into this can o' worms, but who cares? When people say, "I want to hinder the celebration of a time that promotes 'Good will towards men' because I read it as 'Praise Jesus, who hates you' even though nothing of the sort could be interpurted."

Speaking o', which, it's funny hearing a new thing on the radio or other media form where they talk about the dimming of Christmas festivities and then reading an article on Yahoo about Asia going Christmas crazy.

For those of you who don't know, America claims to be prodominately Christian (or at least affiliated to it) and the whiners who loath it feel they are oppressing the minority with their holiday of cheer. Asia, on the other hand, is basically made up of Hindus, Muslims, Buddists, or aethiests with near none to nil Christiants of any breed, and they are pushing to get more Christmas.

Santa hats, reindeer statues, present buying galore! As I always say, the day has little more to do with a man than a name that they told some pagans to change it to as their small celebrations were absorbed into one big celebration of merriment and joy. None of these people of other religions are offended by it, now. They like it. They still celebrate their own respective holidays, but they also have Christmas... 'cuz why not? It's fun. I'm going out of my gourd knowing that I'm missing all the pre-X-mas day fun at my house when I should be their baking cookies and pumpkin roll up the wazoo Boggle

Lie, Cheat, Steal! Los Gerreros!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Dec 18, 2005 18:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, everyone has to be politically correct, but since when have politics ever been correct? I'd just plain say Merry Christmas all the time if it weren't for all the creeps in my general area that might try to beat me up. Shifty Eyes I have a most diverse school and I guess the "happy holidays" thing just kinda carried over.

Does everyone have all their shopping done? I just did a lousy job of wrapping all my present (how do you wrap a round pillow?) but I still don't have anything for my parents or best friend. I have an entire week left, don't I? ^__^'

I went to my nonna's house today to help make raviollis (yay for non-existant spelling skills). She made a bunch of fig cookies last night, but I have to eat them my dad finds them or I won't get any.

Yeah, so that's the extent of my holiday so far since I still have two more days of school before break. How about you guys? Any fun traditions.
Rook

Member #112

Dec 18, 2005 18:23

Man, we need a few Holiday icons. Not any traditions here, unless you count putting an ornament on every branch of the tree a tradition. How many ornaments are on your trees?

* plants a virtual Present tree *

"Surrender now and I will destroy you... peacefully" -- The Regis V from Megas XLR
Sword
TheFireToad

Member #244

Dec 18, 2005 18:52

Traditions? Let me think. Well, every year we make gingerbread men shaped like different family members and we put their names on them in icing. Nothing comes close to eating myself. We have the whole family over my house too, so thats a LOT of gingerbread to make!

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 18, 2005 19:35

Ah, right, I get it now. Fair price, I s'pose.

Traditions? Not really, unless you count the bonsai Christmas tree becasue the other one became too much effort, and going up to see my nonna in the city on one of the days... And eating lots of salad.

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 18, 2005 19:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Y'know what gets me about this whole PC thing? How stores like Wal-Mart refuse to call their sales Christmas sales and go all anal about the word, but they're pumping Christmas carols and religious songs through their sound system 24/7! If they're so damn hung up on diversity where are all the Hannukah songs? Or Kwanzaa? Or the oft-ignored Peanut's Day carol?

I just finished my X-mas (my mom hates it when I abbreviate it like that, she says it takes the Christ out of Christmas. I feel it makes for a better representation of the general holiday for that precise reason.) shopping yesterday, and I came this close to killing myself. *holds up fingers for emphasis* Despite the fact that the nearest city has a population of only 125,000, the sheer number of people was mindblowing. I hate shopping in general, but when you're shoulder to shoulder in the electronics department among idiots who grab what they want and throw anything else they picked up in the process at their feet, it's nausiating. Oh well, I got everything I needed for everyone and actually managed to score a copy of FFIV for myself.

Oh, and TriS, you could try putting the pillow in a box. Just a suggestion.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

Zedd

Member #76

Dec 18, 2005 21:34

Peanut's day carol?

Errr...

Smashing open shells,
  In amongst the fields of hay,
  Someone's funny bells,
  Ring without my say,
  All these tasty nuts,
  Lying oh so bright,
  Oh please don't turn them into grut*,
  For tonight is their night...

Peanut day, Peanut day,
  Ring those funny bells,
  Oh what fun it is to lie,
  With a hundred broken shells...

Man, that was pathetic. I was going to do a second verse, but I wasn't THAT bored...

*Grut is APPARENTLY ancient Mongolian for dried-out sour milk. Seriously, I actually am not kidding.

[Edited by Zedd on Dec 18, 2005 21:59]
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 19, 2005 6:01
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, really I only said holidays because I was being lazy and it pretty much sums them all up.
  Ah, whatever.

* picks a virtual Present *

PS
  You lot were stealing an empty plate from each other, you know. That was my intention, because there is not a chance that I'd let someone steal meh cookies. Hahaha..

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

GCWorld Enter the Abyss....
Sword
Shinyumo

Member #236

Dec 19, 2005 6:57

Right. Christmas shopping...What's that again? Dot Mouth Tongue

As for traditions, I guess all I've got is setting up an old plastic Christmas tree and putting up all the old, broken ornaments...I really should get to buying some new ones some day. Ah well.

Wow...I'm going to be thinking about that everytime I hear Jingle Bells now, xD
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 19, 2024 12:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022