Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 9:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: New Twelve Days

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2005 12:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How is everybody likin' the new, non-midnight timing scheme? Hatin' it, I'm guessing. Oh well... suckers!

Just remember that you get a lot a chances at this, 'specially towards the end. Why, it is not uncommon for gifts from day six to day ten to not even go out of stock! (Not so much because of a lack of want, but poor planning and a one-per-account per-day limit.)

Day six won't go in excess this year, tho'... this I gua-rone-tee like a fat, Cajun guy! :needstomakeafaticon:

Any guesses as to what the awesome Day Twelve prize could be this year? It isn't like I have yet to think of it and I am secretly going to steal your ideas Shifty Eyes

Last year, it was the oh-so-coveted B-Monsters... or not so coveted... or possibly a baked ham.... mmmm... ham :stillfaticon:

"I like cinnamon rolls. That's why I wish they made a cinnamon roll incense, 'cause I don't always have time to make a pan. I'd rather light a stick and have my roommates wake up with false hopes." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 15, 2005 13:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Pah. I get on before making way for first hour, and the gift of the day has yet to go up. Then comes web design in fith hour, and I find that there is nothing left. 'Tis depressing.

* fabricates a gift for myself *

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

GCWorld Enter the Abyss....

[Edited by Afiag on Dec 15, 2005 13:03]
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 15, 2005 14:09
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses CheerUp on Afiag *

I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as you, Afiag, (unless you've gotten something from the first two days) in that I haven't managed to get anything either. No worries, though, as only three days have gone by and there are still nine more to go. Wink

Personally, I've thought that since the first final reward was for END, and the second for BD, that the third would be either Shadora or REL related. For some reason, I have a thought in my mind that the last present would be a special Shadora general for the twelve people who managed to get it. It's probably just me, though.

I'm actually surprised that MintMan hasn't yet made a complain about bandwidth drainage. I thought that since the times would be random, people would be refreshing that page for the gifts.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2005 14:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Surprisingly, no. The Christmas page is actually getting less hits than the BW main page Embarrassed Now that's what I call low!

There was supposed to be a Shadora monster -- not a general (unless you promoted it), but just a really fly troop. The game has a lot of single formers like Labi-Labi, Turner, and Noh the Scarred. Since most of them are more powerful than a normal Level One, it would not be fair to throw them in for regular recruitment. Instead, you would only get one, and since the daily recruitments always give ten (as they would have to for first-time sign-upers, or the fact that you could simply go back multiple times until you reached the ten species limit), it is unsuitable for the task. Thus, contests and secrets.

However, the main-stay creator of the single forms (Six Grey) still has yet to make any monsters. He has pictures, sure, but he won't give me their friggin' stats! I have Turner and Happy Killer all lined up and even scanned for him! (Tho' Turner is going to be replaced with a higher grade photo.)
  Gobbs gives every friggin' one of his monsters, like, eighty different forms, so I doubt he would have any suitable to give away.
  I don't have many really strong monsters... in fact, I have the least species out of all of us (without around forty). The only super-powers I have are Noh the Scarred (who is unique and thus cannot be handed out in any number), maybe the components of Cuonstructo, and... EmbarrassedVisanmi the Wish Master!

Shifty Eyes You remember nothing. Nothing at all. The mention of a super-powerful monster was all a dream. Whoo-ooo-ooo! Be confused as to why I simply did not erase the above paragraph!
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 15, 2005 15:32

The 12th give away should SO be for FtRPG. Like, a superclass where you can learn all the techs or sumthin, well maybe just half the techs.
  Or how about the ability to choose the background colors of their posts?

I personally want the ham.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2005 16:18

Okay, first off, there already is a class that can learn 'bout everything. It is the Paragon. Y'know... best of best and all? I am not quite sure which things it cannot learn. Nothing I can think of at the time.

As for the other suggestion, I think I'll give a Christmas present to everybody's retinae and not allow gay color schemes to burn them.

"I like cinnamon rolls. That's why I wish they made a cinnamon roll incense, 'cause I don't always have time to make a pan. I'd rather light a stick and have my roommates wake up with false hopes." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 15, 2005 17:31
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Strangely enough, yesterday both looking glasses were gone, but the Trick Shot was still there. (I probably didn't need to nab it, though, as I got one last year. I just wasn't sure if it was the same or not). I 'spose whoever #2 was just didn't play END. Question though, is the Master Ball for LotGJ or LAtS? I think it was LAtS in the past as I still have one for that account and am hoping it is LotGJ as I do not have one in that account and am anticipating Legendaries in that version sometime before the Apocalypse (foolish me).
  The random time thingy would have worked out better for me in past years, before I had a home internet account, but I'm not complaining yet. As for a final prize, I envision some sort of multiple-use relic for BD because what at RE is more widely used and worked on than BD?
  * to get in a festive mood eats Christmas Cookie while listening to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra *

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Dec 15, 2005 17:32]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 15, 2005 17:40

No, the dudes who nabbed the Trick Shot just didn't know you could get a prize per account. A lot of people take one and leave. Foolish them Tongue More fer us greedy types!

The MasterBall will appear in your LATS account if you have one; otherwise, LotGJ. I really should make a way to choose, but seeing as how there is nothing you even need it for in LotGJ right now, it will remain like this until next year at least Wink

"Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef." ~ Mitch Hedberg
Zedd

Member #76

Dec 15, 2005 22:13
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh, the non-midnight timing does make it a lot harder for me to get 'em, but 'tis fair enough.

I mean, I didn't get first pick on, like, everything for the last two years running or anything Shifty Eyes

Mmmm... Ham...

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

"There are few men who can quickly reply to the question 'What is the Way of the warrior?'. This is because they do not know in their hearts. From this we can see they do not follow the Way. By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the Warrior is death" - Ha Gakure, Yamamoto Tsunenori
LeeTupper

Member #42

Dec 16, 2005 11:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm totally fine with this system. It's paying very well for me. I've picked up the two presents that I really want, so I'm cool until next year.

Unless Minty hands out some gorgeous token for FTRPG, or some sort of specially coded FTRPG item... Then I'll be desiring that, as well.* fabricates a Shinysomethingorother to tempt people into stealing it from me. *

What is this arcane desert?- My 9th Grade english teacher
  Do I dare ask why this looks like a potato chip?-my 7th grade english teacher, with a destroyed piece of homework
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 16, 2005 13:10

Whee, I've claimed a gift.

You can bet your socks that whenever I sing this song 'round christmas I'll be using the RE version.

If we hadn't invented paper, we'd still be beating ourselves to death with our own suicide notes.

Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 17, 2005 24:38

Nice, a good way to majorly confuse/weird out people around you. Unless you know a bunch of REers in Real Life. But do you remember each moniker and what day it goes with? I'm not sure if you've noticed, but each day Mints uses a different one of his nicknames in the intro. Like, yesterday it was Geirrik (probably spelled wrong) and today (yesterday EST) it was Gale Dreamer. I don't remember the first two, but... yeah.
  * plants a virtual RE12DaysSongbook tree because he has nothing constructive to post *

More than 3 MDXs in a span of an hour is NOT a good idea...
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 17, 2005 3:19

He can't use all of them, some are public inappropriate.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
PurpleKoopa

Member #253

Dec 17, 2005 14:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I got the "Passing Farfetch'd", but I have no idea where in the R.E. League where I can get it. Am I missing something?
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 17, 2005 14:24

Well, right after you get it... you are told "You can get it at the PokeCenter."

So go to the Maelstrom City PokeCenter (or the Maelstrom Port City Walkaround in LotGJ's case)... and you get it Dot Mouth

The RE version of Twelve Days, eh? That'd be rough, 'specially since not all of the lines actually match the rhythm of the song. It gets much harder on the later days when everything has to be a-something-ing. Most years, I just blow off even trying. I didn't even figure anyone read it, anyways. It is standard web practice that people read about five percent of the text presented to them (outside of forums and e-mail, in which that number increases to fifty percent Tongue). * picks a virtual RE12DaysSongbook to be a jerk to everyone else *

Special FtRPG item, eh? Too bad items only exist locally, so that can't happen. I would hand out a Blank token (about the only Token that is even fair to hand out as a gift), but anyone who even cares (or cared) about FtRPG already has one and refuses to combine it... or any other token.
  We'll see...

[Edited by MintMan on Dec 17, 2005 14:26]
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 17, 2005 14:33

Aww, I was gonna give him the instructions...
  * Imparts Wisdom on PurpleKoopa anyway *
  I s'pose to idiot-proof things, I could mention that you'll wanna go to the room to the west of the entrance which is for ticket-redeeming purposes. I know, not that hard to figure out, I just wanted to be helpful...

Black and White do not exist, and shades of gray have long since passed on. All is now a full spectrum, and the most extreme closest of all.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Dec 17, 2005 14:34]
Sword
Afiag

Member #242

Dec 17, 2005 14:41

Eh, I'm sure I'll be able to manage the song. I get pretty bored around my grandmother's house, it'll give me something to do.

* picks a virtual RE12DaysSongbook *

Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 17, 2005 16:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just remember, the full "song" (with all 12 lines on the last day) might only be on for that day, so you may want to be ready to copy and paste the final version if you want to sing it.

I also have a question regarding the Shadow Flail. Will it only be available to the character class corresponding to the active familiar at the time of getting it? I noticed that only my Summoner character has one, and I was wondering if I could also get one for my Dragoon character (I'm guessing not, according to the rules).
Ringmaster

Member #203

Dec 18, 2005 14:31

Nice I just snagged today's last master ball! Yay me! Laughing
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 18, 2005 15:14

Yeah, only the active pair gets it. As all of your RPG characters are one account, you only get one.

This goes back to the Master Ball for the different LATS and LotGJ sections of the game. I guess I could make a more advanced interface fer choosin', but this giveaway is such a rare event (and multiple creatures are pretty rare, too) that I never felt coding such a deterministic function was needed.

If you want me to swap the flail to your other guy, tho', I can do that.

Dang, you've been signed up since 2004, Ringmaster? That's pretty messed up Boggle * uses Heal on Ringmaster 's coma that kept him away for so long *
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 25, 2024 9:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022