Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Sep 25, 2020 22:09 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: 3rd-Gen. Consoles: XBox 360, PS3, and Revolution

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Rook

Member #112

Dec 5, 2005 15:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The dang thing's a stick! No contour, and four buttons. My TV remote is better! Yes, the fact that it works with the screen is nice, but still, how the heck do you reach the bottom two buttons? All I'm asking for is a little more convenience. I just want it to be comfortable and all the buttons easy to reach.

* uses Inferno on LieutenantEagle *

"Oh we're in big trouble now! I believe the human term is 'completely screwed'?" -Dan from "Without a Paddle" playing with a C-3PO action figure after falling over a waterfall, smashing the boat and losing all their supplies.
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 5, 2005 17:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Right on, Battalon, right on...and Rook, I really didn't see the point of casting a flame spell on me for liking Wi-Fi connections and the fact that I would be able to play old games.

* uses HolyCutter on Rook as a deserved counterattack for nothing *

All that I know is that X-Box 360 is burning...literally (or is it overheating?).

A final question, is the Rev really going to be called, um...the Rev when it comes out? I mean, 'twould be quite a peculiar name...as would Dolphin, if it hadn't been made into 'cube.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 5, 2005 23:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Looks like they aren't calling it the Revolution any more. No word on the final name though. Nintendo's still keeping a lot under wraps. There is supposedly more about the controller they haven't revealed and the specs won't be out for a few months yet. Looks like IGN has their Revolution Channel up now, so that should have most of the current information on it. And Rook, like I said, this thing has some great customization opportunities so even if the big N itself doesn't offer a lot of other comfort/accessablity for people who can't get a good feel for the remote-mode, I'm confident a third party will. The only thing that worries me is its inability to work with Hi-Def as that could hurt it a bit when the whole HD takeover hits. 'Course by then they'll probably have an updated product out. Either way, I'll probably get one next year if my roomie doesn't have one.

Black and White do not exist, and shades of gray have long since passed on. All is now a full spectrum, and the most extreme closest of all.
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Dec 6, 2005 20:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Like Batt said, IGN covered the controller.

Quack.

MANGO!

[Edited by Dragon_Kirby on Dec 6, 2005 20:10]
Rook

Member #112

Dec 6, 2005 20:49
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whoops... sorry. Wrong person.

* uses HolyFlame on LieutenantEagle due to my mental instability *

Ah. I like the shell idea. I wasn't quite sure if they would do that, I just thought it would end up being some extra panel with C, X, Y, and Z. I still don't like the remote controller much, tho.

"I'm knowledge intolerant!"-- Cosmo from "The Fairly OddParents"

[Edited by Rook on Dec 6, 2005 21:02]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 6, 2005 20:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Of course you don't like it. Hell, even I am slightly against it. This is what Nintendo does, they rock the boat. They are they trend setters, the trail blazers. They don't follow the pattern, they make waffles with it, etc and so on.

No one truly likes the idea of someone messing with the traditional way they've been gaming. I mean, we use to use joysticks. The concept of a D-pad was new and foreign back in the day. The concept of buttons on the top of a "controller" was another big step. And, don't get me started about the N64 and NGC controllers. I mean, awkward much?

However, in all cases, you warm up to them. You adapt to their use and see it for the better. The seeming complexity is needed to make the newer, funnier games work and work better at that.

This remote/wand thing is only be excepted because those people have come to expect this previously mentioned trend. They know it'll all work out in the end and think, "Sweet, I can swing m' sword at the baddies fer realz, yo-yo-dog." And that is pretty dang cool.

My biggest beef is with the battery usage. I hate batteries!

"My food is problematic."
  - River Tam while trying to eat an ice planet, Firefly
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Dec 6, 2005 21:31
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Aye...batteries are the bane of my existence....second only to white "gangsta" trash. I plan to buy a 24 pack of batteries and just store them in my room...

MANGO!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Dec 13, 2005 15:34
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wanna play SSB online, eh? There are whispers of the DS getting some smashing goodness, and the DS is much more ready for net use, they're already wiring McDonalds in various places for it.

I'm also looking forward to SSB for the rev, and I'll look into getting a rev when it's released... can't wait to see who/what has been added this time...I'm sure there will be RS pokemon popping out of good old pokeballs, they're so great to use, perfect to drive an opponent to doing some smashing OFF screen. ;) *end ssb fanboyism*

[Edited by Lugiatrainer on Dec 13, 2005 15:43]
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 13, 2005 16:08
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It'll probably be perfect until YOU'RE the one getting smashed off. This case could especially hold in four-player (or more, depending on the new wireless possibilities) circumstances with the others ganging up on you. Tongue Yes, that has happened to me.

Hopefully the Revolution controller could also have a wire add-on for the electricity need. That, or I might have to use some of my rechargeable AA batteries that have been sitting around for a long while now, provided the controller is made so that it can use them (anything other than AA or AAA batteries and I'll be a little annoyed).

Of course, I'm only leaning towards Nintendo's console right now, no final decisions yet. Have to wait for any further developments on the PS3 and the Revolution before I make one (I think XBox 360 is out of my list now).

Regarding the DS, although I don't have one yet, I'd like to try out its wireless capabilities. Minor problems aside, my only major concern is with playing wirelessly against possible complete strangers. I've had some...experiences...with online computer RTS games before, with all the swearing, insults, and such. Maybe I'll stick to playing with people I can see while I'm playing. Big Smile

* class changes to Thaumaturgist in the hopes of a miraculous creation of a better wireless place *
TheFireToad

Member #244

Dec 13, 2005 17:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You read the words write out of my mouth. About the controller, the SSB, the DS, everything! I do have a DS and if you don't want to battle perfect strangers, I don't think you have to. I have played games like that and I know what you mean. The people are always cursing each other out when all you really want to do is play a game. But I plan on using the wireless function to play my friends online and no one else. Because there's no point in doing something if you're uncomfortable with it.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 13, 2005 19:03

I can't speak for AC or TH, but Mario Kart is a pretty nice wi-fi experience. The only real communication you have with your opponents is their name and emblem. And I think Nintendo is doing a pretty good job of handling obscenities there. They're trying to maintain their "Family Friendly" image, after all.
  Seriously, Mario Kart rocks. I have a couple of friends who bought DSs just for it. The wi-fi has some limitations, like people being able to just quit in mid-race with no penalty. And the lack of structured opponent choosing, but even so, it's still totally worth it.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
TheFireToad

Member #244

Dec 13, 2005 21:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here here! Mario Kart DS is worth everything you may pay for. And nothing beats the Wi-fi capability for it. It has original and classic racetracks, unlockable characters and karts, 1 player missions, and the ability to play on my favorite battle arena from the N64 Mario Kart.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
PurpleKoopa

Member #253

Dec 14, 2005 24:37

I still don't understand the controller. I just can't since how that's gonna work for the new Smash Brothers - but hey - I'm sure people are excited about it. 'Least IGN gots something to say about it.
Rook

Member #112

Dec 15, 2005 10:23

I think it was meant more for first-person fighters and shooters. You could use it to point weapons and kill people with pointy things.

* class changes to Adventurer *

-- Jaques Strappe
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 15, 2005 11:49

On Dec 15, 2005 10:23, Rook said:

I think it was meant more for first-person fighters and shooters. You could use it to point weapons and kill people with pointy things.

Yeah, it could be used for such, in fact that is a big selling point of it, I believe, but to say that it was meant for fps isn't fair to the controller or Nintendo. That's basically saying all the Rev is going to be good for is fps. Think of the DS. The touch screen- kinda weird, people weren't sure what could/would be done with it. And look at the stuff that has already been/is being done with it. The Revolution has just as much promise with it's unusual controller. Don't sell it short.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Sep 25, 2020 22:09 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020