Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 20:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: 3rd-Gen. Consoles: XBox 360, PS3, and Revolution

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 25, 2005 22:58
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OK, I was thinking in advance for Christmas, and then I began to wonder if I should go get the XBox 360 out now or wait for either of the other two (I'm sure I'll only be able to get one of the three eventually). I thought I'd ask around here since I haven't paid much attention to details on the consoles. So, any opinions, comments, suggestions, etc. about which one I should look into or just skip all of them?

By the way, if I do end up planning to get the 360, I'll probably wait a while before getting one. I've heard some crazy things going on about it, including an armed robbery and people buying them just to resell them on eBay for insanely high prices.
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 26, 2005 24:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*sigh* I was just waiting for someone to post this one. Microsoft sucks. As a corporation, as an OS, and as a console. Sure it's supposed to look sweet. I say supposed to because I've seen the games out so far and they are NOT that impressive. Sure they'll get better, but by that time, PS3 will be out, Rev will be right around the corner, and prices will be much more competetive. Besides, the only thing X-Box has going for it really, other than the head start, is the online setup, which is by far the cleanest and best set up so far. It just doesn't have the titles. Sure I've played Halo and liked it, but I've also played MPH:FH on the DS and liked it. And in spring when the full version of MPH comes out, y'know which I'd rather have and play online? MPH all the way. But that's just me. Nintendo's been good to me over the years and I have a bit of bias for them, but that's not just fanboy talk. Nintendo has the innovation. MS and Sony go for the cutting edge and hope to attract people based on the look of their games. Nintendo uses people who think outside the box to try and attract people based on unique, interesting, well-made, fun games first and foremost. The Revolution's controller? Pure genius if you ask me. I obviously haven't tried it yet, but if it's anything like all the reviewers say, it's going to be the first next-gen console I ever buy less than ten years after its release (like my recently purchased $5 Playstation).

So yeah, to summarize a lot of rambling, wait for the Rev.

I need a new sig.
  [Edit- Woah, EST Midnight on the dot.]

[Edited by Battalon127 on Nov 26, 2005 24:03]
Blade

Member #99

Nov 26, 2005 7:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I hate Xbox controllers. I think I'll definately get a PS3 when it comes out (or slightly after once the price tag goes down.)
  I worship the SNES and the 64 but I don't know if I'd buy a Rev...I think nintedo hit their peak with the 64.
  The only reason I can see myself buying an Xbox is to play Xbox-only games (eg Conker:Live and Reloaded)

damn those +16 hour time-zones

* class changes to Mage *

The Sword and the Sickle
  The sword sang on the barren heath,
  The sickle on the fruitful field
  The sword he sang a song of death
  But could not make the sickle yield
  William Blake
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Nov 26, 2005 11:05
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've gotta go with Rev and/or PS3. I've been with Nintendo, I'll stick with Nintendo (And I wanna play SSB online Big Smile). PS3 will likely have some RPGs I'll like, as I did on PS2 (Jak, Sly, Ratchet etc.)

"Never argue with idiots, they take you down to their level and beat you with experience
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Nov 26, 2005 11:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Although Microsoft has some weak points (IE), it is still a pretty good corperation, and it deserves a break. In the Nintendo area, we all hope the Rev saves the company, and, though I'm a fan of Sony, half the gaming population will prolly end up with arthritis from the Boomerang controller.

* brings forth a for on Battalon127 being a Microsoft hater *

Pyro, eh?
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 26, 2005 11:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Let's see...I liked Microsoft until the appearance of the X-Box. If it weren't for Microsoft we'd all be using Apples...speaking of which, what's with all that "monopoly" tosh? Windows is not a monopoly per se since there's the Mac OS...and Linux, which has recently been sued (if I remember correctly). But I digress.

I am definitely awaiting a Revolution. I've never been much of a PlayStation fan, though I recently played Soul Calibur III, which I really liked, and really need to see FFVII for myself one of these days. X-Box, well, they have a few good games, but, as Battalon said, innovation > technology.

* uses HolyCutter on to intercept a being created by a bad statement *

Um, Kupoling, what do you mean by the fact that you "hope" the Rev will save Nintendo? First, I think the GCN and the GBA have been outselling PS2 and X-Box for awhilst now, but maybe my information is outdated. Also, the Revolution controller is, um, untraditional, but I believe that a controller's capability to target a particular point on the TV screen is rather useful. Finally, it's Game Over for the other systems when Super Smash Bros. goes out for wireless multiplayer.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 26, 2005 12:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm waiting. I use to wait years before getting a system. Atari, NES, SNES, PSX, I got all of them late. For some reason, I was gifted the PS2 early, and it was the most worthlessly obtained system ever. I think I've still clocked more time on my NES than it.

When this 3rd gen wave comes out, do you know what I'll buy? Old games. I have some PSX and PS2 library to build up.

After that, Revolution, 'cuz I heard something about accessing all old games with it or something through WiFi? Good enough for me.

Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.
  Take me out To the black, Tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land And boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me.
  Have no place I can be Since I found Serenity, But you can't take the sky from me.
  - Firefly Themesong
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 26, 2005 16:19

Woah, wait, Revolution works WITH the screen? I got a phrase for you: HighDefinitionTelevision-not compadibler. Yes, the brillance of the HDTV has been undermined by the lack of friendly play with things such as light guns. Luckly, you won't mess up your TV easily because those don't even work right with the TV, so NO WORRIES about the EXPENSIVE equipment
  Next: Hooray! I can play all my favorite old games, that I still have! Also, they are gonna cost money, less you go buy one of those illegal 5000 game things at some of the malls, since, its not illegal to buy them, just to sell them, betcha didn't know that.
  Lastly, I've heard little to nothing about rev games that are really cool. Same with the PS3. I do know that it is at least PS2 compadible and maybe for the original, maybe not, if that is the case, I might get one regardless of any good games that I haven't heard of, save DMC4.
  Xbox 360 is supposed to be the weakest of the systems but so far it has all the best games that I've seen. Problem is: none of them will be out anytime soon. So I'll get a 360 first, but only when crackdown, halo3 and return of superman come out, well as soon as halo3 comes out if possible. Geek'd
  * class changes to Engineer of videogames *

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 26, 2005 16:44

Buy a copy of Windows XP, have it work for, like, half a year, then have it tell you that it must be activated within thirty days or bye-bye Windows. Then enter your activation key, only to be told that it is invalid. Call MS support (no fees for activation problems, fortunately, or else I'd be out like 50 bucks) and talk to some guy with a spanish accent heavier than most of Mexico's, only to be told that your version of Windows XP (purchased from Best Buy no less) is illegal! Spring $200 for a new copy, only to have that one's activation code fail too and spend time with the same guy or his brother on the phone to get a new activation key. Ever tried getting a string of letters and numbers from a native Spanish speaker? Y'know how they give words to help you if you don't understand the letter? You STILL can't tell the difference between a J and a Y! Nice enough guy, I just couldn't understand him. All-in-all, $400 dollars, an estimated 20 hours of my time, and it wasn't even for me! Now you know why I feel Microsoft is teh suck. They don't give a damm about the customers, just profit. Give me the good old days of pirated Win98 any day.

Black and White do not exist, and shades of gray have long since passed on. All is now a full spectrum, and the most extreme closest of all.
PurpleKoopa

Member #253

Nov 26, 2005 16:47
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm getting the Revolution for sure. Big Nintendo fan right here. I won't get it the second it comes out, of course - the price will be high and I'm sure that people will go nuts over the new Smash Brothers.
TheFireToad

Member #244

Nov 28, 2005 15:13

I can't wait for Revolution! I wonder who's gonna be in the next SSB. I've been playing Nintendo since I was two years old and I've stuck with it ever since. I hope the downloading previous games rumor is true. There are so many SNES and N64 games I've wanted to play.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

[Edited by TheFireToad on Nov 28, 2005 15:25]
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 28, 2005 17:51

So they will have one.... any new characters that are any good? Like bomberman? How about Sir kibbles?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Nov 29, 2005 24:34
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

The thing that I might do is get a Gamecube while the getting is good, since the prices for all associated hardware and games will probably drop. Stuff for any new systems will probably cost an arm and a leg for at least a year, so might as well get something I can use and afford. Just gotta finish the 5 or so playstation games I have had for a year or more and haven't beaten yet. Like FF7, which I have had since I bought my PS2 and never finished. Shifty Eyes

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
Blade

Member #99

Nov 29, 2005 5:02

Damn thems prices...What was the rrp for the Ps3? Something around $400-800 i heard...? hehe Kupo!

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Conker: Well, here I am! Conker the King... king of all the land! Who'd a thought that? But how did I come to this, you say? And who are those strange fellows that surround my throne? That you also say! Well. It's a long story. Come closer and I'll tell you. It all started... yesterday. And what a day that was! It's what I call... a bad fur day!
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 29, 2005 10:04

That always happens before the system hits the streets, the uber high price range but they always drop the price, at least nowadays to around $300. I seriously doubt the PS3 would come out charging $400 or more...not to say some idiots would still buy em...but...yea. I remember old advertisements (prolly still have em) that have the PSX ( which everyone seems to have forgotten proceeded the PS1) that has the system costing a hefty $600.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Nov 30, 2005 4:37
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm waiting for the RealitysEnd Boxstationcube.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
msanis

Member #7

Dec 1, 2005 22:03
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hehe... well... I thought this would come up eventually. No surprises here. Tongue

I try to be as unbiased as I can when I refer to other gaming companies; however I'd be lieing if I claimed that Nintendo didn't hold a special place for me. Their games have always been great, their consoles solidly and effectively built, and their customer service is exceptional. Sony has a great number of RPGs, which has left me a bit jealous. I'll give credit to Sony, that if you are an RPG fan (or graphics whore), you probably would be very interested in their consoles. To be blatantly honest though; I can't think of anything Microsoft has that would really interest me. They have Halo... and not much else that is particularly esteemed. Sure, there are a few other interesting games Microsoft happens to lay claim to, but not enough to keep me interested.

This holds true for both the last generation, and the upcoming one. Of course, there are now a few added things to consider. The Xbox 360 now launches early, but is commonly found to be glitchy... and boasts its graphical power that will soon be outdone with the PS3. Not only this, but the price is quite massive. The PS3 will probably be extremely similar to its last generation. A lot of RPG developers will probably continue to flock to the PS3. Furthermore, the PS3 will have the greatest processing power (thus the best graphical ability) of all three consoles. The price tag for the PS3 will likely also be the highest of all three consoles. Then there is the Revolution... and unfortunately... even at this point not all of the details are known. Regardless, I think it is safe to say that with what we do know; the system will still be capable (graphics-wise) as a next-gen system... though not nearly so much as the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Two big things with the Revolution is the ability to download older Nintendo games (which can possibly be updated), and of course, the huge possiblities available with the Revolution controller. Then one has to consider the much cheaper price.

I am definitely going with Nintendo as my main console for the next gaming generation. The abilities of the console pretty much cater to everything I want, and is definitely a much more-affordable choice. I might consider Sony's PS3 as a secondary system... depending on pricing and the games featured on the system. The Xbox 360 though, at this point, I am not even thinking about.

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.
Rook

Member #112

Dec 4, 2005 21:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well so far it seems the only competent system will be the PS3. Apparently the Xbox360s' hard drives have been frying, and the revolution's controller is s***. See it at:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?currentNo=2&articleid=TfyOgnUc7zB-ZlzdQvMhKJOgS5LsR2nK

I have always been Nintendo exclusive, but I can't get over the Revoltion's controller. *uses HeatWave on Revolution controller*

EDIT: Changed paddle to controller. Sorry, it's a habit.

"Surrender now and I will destroy you... peacefully" -- The Regis V from Megas XLR

[Edited by Rook on Dec 5, 2005 15:14]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 4, 2005 22:36

I don't know about the controller, but the Wi-Fi and the ability to play old games is convincing enough for me, I'd say.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 5, 2005 24:34

Gee Rook, have you actually even read about the new controller. First, you could call it a wand, or maybe a remote, but a paddle? Since when do you point a paddle toward an object to move it? Last I checked it involved some actual physical contact. Second, do you really think Nintendo is stupid enough to lose a large portion of their market over a revolutionary idea like this? They're gonna have add-ons to make it work like a traditional controller. This was all covered by IGN a while back. I'll post a link to the article when I can find it. * uses Smite on Rook for dissing the Rev solely for the controller *

If you own a DS, go out and buy Mario Kart. NOW. Best thing to happen to the DS, ever. The only better use for your $35 would be if you mailed it to me.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 20:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022