Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 19:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Can I write a book for here?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Lerioi

Member #252

Nov 16, 2005 11:33
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have a story to write but my mom hates it. Can I put it in Reality's end?

"Oh yeah! The beheading!"
  Jack-O-Lantern/The Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Nov 16, 2005 14:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Only if it's an IAS (interactive story). Besides, there are many other places, like FictionPress.com to go to, and there's the 'ol print it off, too.

EDIT: Had to change the URL

If someone comes up to you and says:
  "I'm telling you this because I love you, stay away from the food processor!!!"
  Then you need to get your IQ checked.

[Editted by Kupoling_Katana on Nov 16, 2005 14:59]
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 16, 2005 21:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This fiction press, does it protect against content theft?
  Actually, if I'm going to backup any stories, I'm going to make them a txt and put em in my FTP space.
  I'm not following, you have a story TO write or a story you WANT to write? Either way...what does it matter what your mom thinks? Worse comes to worse you can simply password protect and/or save the file in multiple locations on your computer if you think she'd go as far as delete it. Oh yea, paper and pen(cil) work too. Still...the whole mom part is way past weird.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Camo

Member #5

Nov 16, 2005 23:47
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

no.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
Pikang

Member #230

Nov 17, 2005 8:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Let's just say that her mom is a sadistic person who dislikes any form of electronics. Lerioi only can get on at school.

And that sandwich will have mustard on it...
  The mustard of your DOOM!!!!
  (laughs like a sick little kid on crack)

-Fawful, from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 17, 2005 10:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah. Gotcha. I figgered it was something to do with an insane parent. Those sorta people suck.

Well, unfortunately, I only get 50MB of space on my server, so unless something is for members and not just a member, I shall not host it. As was mentioned, there are a number of other places you can use to host a solo project. Fanfiction.net, the abovementioned, DeviantArt, and I think even Sheezy allows literature, too.

Viva la raza!
Lerioi

Member #252

Nov 17, 2005 11:23

My mom finds out somehow and tells me to throw it away. She bans me from cartoons to video games to even drawing dragons. She thinks I have a problem and wants to stop this. That's why I asked. Just to let you know I helped Pikang out a lot in the R.E.League, and I AM a newbie.

See I killed you.
  JTHM
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 17, 2005 16:56

She is unsure of herself. Something happened that she couldn't control and frankly she's taking it out on you, I was first going to say she was one of those "burn harry potter" people, but that isn't it, I mean videogames are one thing and I can find a videogame to appease any, well, idiot, but cartoons is... not at all right unless its things like family guy or the simpsons(slightly mature audience) then I can kinda understand that, but the combination of all three is that she is scared that the world is going to eat you alive and if you don't continue to "draw dragons" it will. I have concrete examples that aren't appropriate here, but we can all guess what those are.

FYI, don't ever mumble the words Necronomicon, no wait, it might be entertaining after she tells you not to read it and you ask her what it is and how she knows about it, better yet, why she read it since if she seems to be the kind of mother that if she has heard about it, she "knows" all about it.

Don't read it. Its a bad book. I mean, its like reading a fantasy instruction booklet, and instruction booklets are always boring.

I think I'm done for now.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Trumpkin

Member #251

Nov 21, 2005 20:52
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, I am the old man on here. I am also the parent of a 15 year old son. I even live near Pikang and Lerioi.

Parents can be a pain in the butt; however, it is important to honor your parents as long as you live with them. Accept their leadership and authority. Over the next few years you will become more of what you desire to be and you will be less of what your parents want you to be. Patience is a virtue. Live and learn. Do not rebel. In time you will be able to express yourself as you desire. Learn from these times so that when your time comes you will use wisdom to express yourself appropriately.

Your mother has a reason for her beliefs. As stifling as it can feel, she is being a mother. This means putting constraints on your behavior. Some will seem reasonable and some will seem unreasonable. You can learn from these situations. If you listen to your mother and attempt to understand why she has these beliefs she is more likely to respect you and give you some freedom. No, you do not need to agree with her. You are an individual that is allowed to think on your own and to develop your own beliefs; however, respecting the beliefs of others is a sign of maturity and an attribute that will serve you well through life.

Sorry to be a downer. I am a bit old fashioned. Perhaps I have been of no assistance. Regardless, I wish you well.

My candle burns at both its ends; It will not last the night; But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends; It gives a lovely light - Edna St. Vincent Millay:

[Edited by Trumpkin on Nov 21, 2005 20:59]
Lerioi

Member #252

Mar 8, 2006 14:51

I finally got a story on the internet. Go to fanart-central.net and look under cartoons. The schorn chronicles is its name. please committ.

"Cool, cool, depressing, cool."
  Coach Z from Homestar Runner.

Fanart-central.net
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 8, 2006 16:12

Sorry, I'm not into long term commitments.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Rook

Member #112

Mar 8, 2006 22:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Your story is very good. You leave the reader interested, wanting to know more. I hope too see this story continue.

As to your family issues, I am so sorry for you. There's nothing wrong with enjoying some fantasy! Fantasy... is all about imagination. Imagination allows you to be in new places, and do things that would normally be impossible, figuratively speaking. It adds a neat little twist to life. I wish your mom didn't see it the way she does.

* plants a virtual Imagination tree for Leroi's sake *
  (use PICK under the FtRPG menu to get one, just in case you didn't know how Wink )

There is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard. Only another fist.

[Edited by Rook on Mar 8, 2006 22:36]
Sword
Lymfada

Member #214

Mar 9, 2006 11:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hello all,

Being a parent myself though my oldest is only 8. When you have issues like this there is always a reason for it try to talk it out. Even if you dont like the reason try and understand it, trust me your parents do just wake up one morning saying "how can I make my kids life miserable" they do what they feel is best for you. Is it always the right decision well no but its always in your best interest because even if you dont agree from their decision you can still learn from it. One quote that holds true to this day is the older I got the smarter my parents got sad but true.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 9, 2006 23:54

Well yea, until they pass the senior citizen discount age
  then they just start gettin weird.
  I swear that me mum don't know who is weirder: me or dad (and yes mum is younger than dad)
  I feel like he's picking up bad traits. Does this mean I'll make a bad parent?
  I AM SO NOT getting my kid a BBgun. He's going to have to be more creative and imaginitive in inflicting pain against others, and that is what I'm gonna tell him...or her...I'm not getting her a BBgun either.
  Ida know, for some reason the aspect of raising a girl to be the perfect athlete seems more appealling than raising a boy. Maybe thats because I would cry tears of joy the first time I'm called into the office for beating up a boy two grades older than her.
  Yes, that is my one dream for parenthood, so shaddup and don't ruin it for me.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Lymfada

Member #214

Mar 10, 2006 11:06
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ah but you miss one very important point you dont raise kids to be what you want them to be you raise them to make their own decisions and you hope you give them enough wisdom to make good choices. Trying to live through your children or have them be what you want will only cause more rebellion and to be honest would you want someone forcing you to make the decision of do I disappoint mom/dad by doing something other than what they want.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 10, 2006 12:46

Tis why I picked athlete, because that means anything from wrestling to curling. In the end I don't care if she becomes the next wayne gretzky or mia hamm, I mainly don't want her to become somebody else's statistic.
  Just because she is gonna be fit doesn't mean she's gonna be stupid.
  She's gonna have her multiplication and divi's mastered back and forth by the end of fourth grade and if I have to hire ken jennings to teach her to read by first grade, I'll do it.
  And the whole don't talk to strangers or do drugs things. I figure that if I tell her that until she's 7 and then show her the gruesome results, she will have sufficent trauma(not too big, not to little) to go with the propaganda. Personally I'd rather suffer through her nightmares, than getting a visit from the cops or worse. I don't expect her to be the next einstein, not that it won't be too hard for her :-P
  The one thing that I don't expect her to do, is to want to be a writer. Thats my dream and my dream alone. If I fail at that its not gonna be her job to succeed. I guess thats my roundabout conclusion.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
boyachi

Member #92

Mar 11, 2006 20:10

Yea, you're right. I forgot the society interaction.
  She will be told no and will respect me (fear and respect are quite different)
  I hate those kids that are never told no
  THATS RIGHT! I HATE ALL OF YOU LITTLE BRATS THAT THIS APPLIES TO!
  Who's with me?

"My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?" - Neverdais
Lerioi

Member #252

Sep 29, 2006 12:39

I agree with ya. I'm getting my book done for Fanart Central but the school blocked the website with these stupid firewalls.

"You don't kill clown! Clown kills you!!!!!
  Madness Combat 5: Depredatation
Pikang

Member #230

Sep 29, 2006 23:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Way to revive a topic that's like, six or seven months old. Yayyyyy...

I'm sure that just about EVERYONE here has a firewall on their schools compies, Lerioi. That's called "Common Sense". Use it next time, okay?

Oh, and my little friend "Bity" will maul you next Monday, Lerioi. His bet didn't go through, and now he's calling you a "staple-faced, zombie n00b".

Hey!!! I found where that cyberdemon was hiding! ^_^ 0 stars moron.
  The green mareng sold ear to the cyberdeMon and now he wants the wHale head into his bed dead. The mareng sat for a mOment...."Legendary Necrophiles!" You heard the scream! Th3n the maReng is head Felt fuzzy... BuzzZ... BEEP!What's this!!!
Blade

Member #99

Oct 7, 2006 4:55

just use www.ctunnel.com , it gets past all the school filters at my school Big Smile

The Sword and the Sickle
  The sword sang on the barren heath,
  The sickle on the fruitful field
  The sword he sang a song of death
  But could not make the sickle yield
  William Blake
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 19, 2024 19:38 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022