Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 4:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: All R.E. Members Unite! Post or Die! Post or Die!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 13, 2005 11:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This idea actually surfaced some time ago, and the notion to make it has only become stronger since then.

The gib is thusly: I want to make an RE group picture. Apparently, this one forum I "browse" (wouldn't say belong to it, as 90% of the people there hate me, with the feeling returned Big Smile ) actually can undergo a new group pic every few months since members come and go so frequently, rising fast and vanishing faster. RE is different, tho'. Those here a year ago are still here and will probably persist to the year after and so on... hopefully Shifty Eyes

Anyhoozle, the concept is simple: A representation of a RE member, their "persona," will be drawn in a large collage. However, I kinda realized that Ems and I are really the only ones here who expresly do the whole persona thing. So, while I'd have no problem making up some crazy form for everyone, it'd be better if some type of hint were posted here. People will probably look crazy-styled, remodeled classic character-esque, but, since there is no classic character to begin with, old fan boys won't get pissed off (anyone mildly into comic books knows what I means).

Additionally, a post (or even an email to me for those that browse here but aren't registered and want to be part of it, 'cuz I know there are people who do) would help me remember anyone who more easily escapes my mind. For example, Chiriru Mai is going in it regardless just because she is such a memberable figure and an important part of RE history.

So, yeah... post or die! Post or die!

"I, uh, don't know."
  "Good answer."
  - Inara and Mal, Serenity
Battalon127

Member #25

Nov 13, 2005 13:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Persona, huh? Hmm...
  I guess I've always seen my online self as sort-of an alternate version of my physical-self. But wearing a really cool cloak. A dark blue one. With the hood up, covering my face in shadows (which is prolly a good thing). So yeah, a skinny, average-height guy, cloaked Jedi-knight style, maybe carrying a staff or something.

(BTW, is it just me, or is RE taking an incredibly long time to load today? Most likely some sort of server thing.)

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
Zedd

Member #76

Nov 13, 2005 15:10
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Zedd's tall and thin, long sraight black hair, dressed in a blue shirt and black pants with a long grey-brown cloak. Also has a dai-sho, with the katana over his back. Only distinguishing features of his face are a 'subzero' scar (going from above his left eye to below it, strangely the eye is still intact) and a headband (like a tie sorta one).

Yeah. I draw him quite a bit. So I do know quite what he looks like.

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu

[Editted by Zedd on Nov 13, 2005 15:12]
Camo

Member #5

Nov 13, 2005 16:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

17/F/AUS blonde flowing hair, big breasts, tight waste, loose va....

THAT'S ME!!!!

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Nov 13, 2005 21:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*cough* Would it matter if my persona isn't so much a....person?
  Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Never did get around to a Dragon_Kirby sprite...This is for the Kirby_d name.

COOKIE!
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 13, 2005 21:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'M GOING TO BE RIGHT NEXT TO CAMO!

You know what, people already have weapons and I'd look to goth with a leather jacket. So scratch the jacket and make it a black T-shirt with a slight representation of my site logo. My body build would be that of well...considering how random I am, I'd say a dancer's. Tirm, not too muscluar. Just like real life. A "shoulders back" kinda pose would be cool. Head tilts always to the left if that helps. If you can draw sports sandals (two strips and one above the ankle to keep it on) that would be cool, otherwise stick to black shoes. No socks. Pants or shorts, I can't really decide, just make them not black, heck earth tone green shorts would probably work, just normal deep pockets would be fine, doesn't need to be anything in 'em. Hair: make it Squallesque, but shorter in the front. Don't forget that middle strand that doesn't really go either way. Eyebrows would be a waterdowned version of Ken Master's. Make me have pretty eyes! Big Smile Nose is slightly long, but not wide or thin. Clean shaven.
  Um...yea is that too specific or do you want more on the pose?

PS: If everyone is going to have a weapon, then I'm going to have a masamune, just like real life. I got a site on that if you want specs, but really if a W.O.C. isn't needed, don't bother with it. I haven't skewered many people on this forum. I'm done for now, I promise.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
msanis

Member #7

Nov 13, 2005 21:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh... an interesting endeavor. I suppose I shall take part. So let me get this straight... you want what we beleive our online selves to be? The unfortunate case is that you probably won't get an accurate picture of what the person is really like from that. That would probably be the case, anyway.

So lets see... myself... that... is difficult. I suppose I would have a dark-colored trench-coat like garb. The back of this would be elongated, making it seem not so different from a cape. This coat itself would be rather rugged, perhaps have a few cuts in it. It would be partially open, though not fully. The sleeves would extend far down, just open enough to reveal my hands; which are covered with dark-colored gloves. I would have relatively short hair, of a dark brown color. It would just barely be high enough to reveal slightly dimmed glasses; which would reveal dark green eyes. Facial structure would be broad; while slightly edged, it would be rather curved. The build would be about medium. Not scrawny, though not really the definition of brawn either; muscular but not to the point where the definition is very much refined. I would constantly be seen standing against a wall, looking at a wrist watch; rolling my eyes. If I were to have weapons; there would likely be three. I would probably keep a gun, a set of throwing knives (with a protective sheath of course), and a small sword (also sheathed) all located in specially-made holders within my coat. I wouldn't have many overly-expressive looks, one of the few expressions being a tired look on my face.

...That is my current guess, anyway.

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.

[Editted by msanis on Nov 13, 2005 22:00]
VinnyD

Member #9

Nov 14, 2005 24:06
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know MG, as much as I like your style, I think Im going to have to flex my art skillz to tha max on this one. Not that Im trying to steal any thunder anyways because it will either suck or be incomplete, but this one seems like it'd be good in a number of styles.

I think a representation of Vince from AtP would be good, just make sure to give him large build and big gun, not quite of liefieldian proportions but something fitting. Robo boots, whatever mang. Really whenever I like to draw Vince av's I kind of do the pose Cid from FFVII is always in with a knee propped up on something. Then again, I am doing one too so do it to fit your style.

this is a simple signature
  except for being big

Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Nov 14, 2005 9:30
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Let's see... No weapons for me, it sounds like we already have enough in this picture, and will have more than we will ever need by the time this is through. As for what I want to look like in this picture... He should be tall, thin, wearing boots, slightly baggy pants, and a long jacket with pockets and a hood which should be down around my neck, not covering my head. It should have really baggy sleeves which cover my hands. It should go down past my waist. For my hair, slightly curly and short. That being said, if you can, draw me as completely transparent, with no color. Basically, I would like my character to be depicted as invisible. If you can't do that, draw him with dull, toned down dark colors to make him less noticable, as if he were in the shadows.
  * class jumps to the Adventurer Mark to get rid of the marker token *

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
Camo

Member #5

Nov 14, 2005 15:50
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If you were being serious, the 17/F/Aus thing was actually a joke, sorry guys!
  There's real pictures of me on my blog but the newer pictures are all blurry (no one sober to take the photos) and the older ones I have silly hair. For weapon I need my bass guitar, study my bass, as if that doesn't look good, then the whole concept might as well be trashed.

c**t me up scotty
Cheetarius

Member #10

Nov 14, 2005 21:36

Meh, I'm pretty easy (I hope). I'm pretty short in real life (except in my family), with very short dark hair. I'm not exactly very muscle-bound (I do baseball, not football, lol), so don't worry about that too much.

That's where the real-life connection ends. Legs should be like a large cats, fun knees and all, with large paws. Hands should have claws (showing; since my idea of me is based on a cheetah, the claws aren't retractable for hands or feet). Fur - like a cheetah's, including spots (if possible)- wherever skin would normally show (face, arms, etc.), and cat's ears (folded back - I don't like pictures much in real life, and a real characteristic is a neat thing to show). A tail, curled around the waist. A leather shirt and pants (or just t-shirt and jeans, whatever). No weapons or armor - who needs 'em, with claws? Big Smile

As for expression, a small grin (with slightly larger-than-normal canines, of course) with an upraised eyebrow should cut it. Go demands on Gobbo's artistic ability (he's got more than enough to do it, lol)!

- Cheetarius, Lurking On A Website Near You...

[Editted by Cheetarius on Nov 14, 2005 21:38]
Trumpkin

Member #251

Nov 14, 2005 21:56
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If newbies can partake in this fun, I see myself as large (6'5" or 198 cm and 330 pounds or 150 Kg) with short gray hair and a long flowing beard in a long black hooded robe with a oversized walking stick wearing wire rim glasses and carrying an ancient scroll of wisdom. My skin is dark and rough as if weathered from living on a mountian through many winters. The eyes are a key. They should be deep and dark, but kind. I am a traveling hermit that is teacher to the young and student to the elder.

My candle burns at both its ends; It will not last the night; But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends; It gives a lovely light - Edna St. Vincent Millay:
Michael

Member #224

Nov 15, 2005 1:32
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd say I would have to be a reasonably tall, slim person. Short blond hair and green eyes. Clothing would be pretty unspectacular. Colour doesn't really matter as long as it's not overly bright.

Preferably a laid back pose with a slight smile on my face. That's pretty much it.
Pikang

Member #230

Nov 15, 2005 8:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Do the words "pika pika with a red headband thingy" say anything?

And that sandwich will have mustard on it...
  The mustard of your DOOM!!!!
  (laughs like a sick little kid on crack)

-Fawful, from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Nov 15, 2005 14:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'll take a whak at this...

I am wearing blue/white tennis-shoes, have tan cargo pants on, and a red shirt on. Hair is not blonde, yet not realy brown, but somewhere in-between. It goes down to the top of the eyes, and covers the ears. I have the signature...Kupo-Katana (where I get my name), that is about the size from my right hand to my left shoulder (kinda like a short sword), and has a flush hilt, with the Kupo marking on it

Like this, only not as pixeled

Has a happy disposition, and is leaning on his sword, and that's about it.

If someone comes up to you and says:
  "I'm telling you this because I love you, stay away from the food processor!!!"
  Then you need to get your IQ checked.

[Editted by Kupoling_Katana on Nov 15, 2005 14:57]
Lerioi

Member #252

Nov 15, 2005 15:01
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I,m a humanoid dragon with long ears and I walk around shoeless. I also wear glasses. Dark blue skin, one red eye. Sound weird, I Know. But hey I'm a Schorn.

"Oh yeah! The beheading!"
  Jack-O-Lantern/The Grim Adventures of Billy And Mandy
Pikang

Member #230

Nov 15, 2005 16:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Lerioi is a friend of mine. Think of her as a demon-dragon crossbreed. Go to Re-Deck's site for my avater there, and you'll see what I'd like to look like.

And that sandwich will have mustard on it...
  The mustard of your DOOM!!!!
  (laughs like a sick little kid on crack)

-Fawful, from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Nov 15, 2005 18:02
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*dies*
  Do I have to be part of the madness?

I think I kinda told Gobbo beforethat my character doesn't really exist. Purpleness goes without saying... and um... really long not blonde hair. I guess other than that I could just be of "average" size and have smart people glasses, not nerdy, just smart. Oh, and I would like to be hiding in the back if at all possible. ^____^'
Shinyumo

Member #236

Nov 15, 2005 19:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Let's see...

I'd be about 5'9" or so with really messy black hair and deep blue eyes. I'd be pretty slim and not muscular at all...I'd be wearing...a navy blue cloak (though the hood would be down so you could see my face) and gray shirt and pants under that. As for posing, I'd probably be...just standing there with my arms crossed maybe. Creative I know, :P.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 17, 2005 22:16

Yeah, when my persona is a green-skinned, pointy, inhuman monster, it kinda sets the basis that a persona does not have to look like you do in real life. I mean, unless you think I am that much of a freak.

Anyhoo, preliminary sketches were doned up, and here is the presentaries.

I mainly sketched out those who had details, glibbing over some less described people as, well, not to be offensive, there are no details to grasp :x

Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.
  Take me out To the black, Tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land And boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me.
  Have no place I can be Since I found Serenity, But you can't take the sky from me.
  - Firefly Themesong
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Apr 23, 2024 4:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022