Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 24:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: All Hallow's Eve

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 31, 2005 15:39
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What up REers? It that time of year again where many of us can go out in public, up to attractive peoples' doors and not get rejected, at least for candy that is.
  So, whats everyone's costume this year? I have a shiny silver samurai top and dark pants and sandals, as well as a masamune to complete the feel. Others may play it ninja turtle and run around in the nude wearing only face masks. If this is the case DO NOT post your picture here.
  Anyone even partying tonight? I'm just going to scare the kids that come to the door, oh what fun!

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 31, 2005 16:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't really celebrate Halloween which means one candy less for all the trick-or-treaters...a sound way to save money Smile

However, I do have a naval officers' costume that's very unoriginal and boring...but nonetheless a costume.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 31, 2005 17:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

For first note, you ought to at least get the proper spelling of the day right if you make a topic on it. "All Hallows Eve" or "All Hallows' Eve" are equally debated against as the proper, but it certainly is not "Hallow's". This infers that only one sacred thing (soul or saint) is being honored on the day to follow, which is totally not the case.

That yearly lesson aside, I must sadly report that I, for the first time in probably twenty-two crappy years, have neither candy, pumpkin, or even trick-or-treaters to give candy two. Most of such boils down to being in a foreign part of the country to which I don't have any of my regular stuff to, and not owning the house and not really being obligated to pass out treats, let alone know if they even do it in this neighborhood. Sniff, no pumpkin. I am sad.

Funny note I heard on the radio today where something to the like of a European country or two having government officials saying to not celebrate Hallowe'en. Funny part is, the reason wasn't the tripe American one of, "It's devil worship," which is total bull crap, by the way, as it is in celebration and prayer of the souls in purgatory and is quite Catholic in celebration. No, the reason was not, "It's evil" but "It's American." Angry

Those asses! Of course, they have gotten support, largely from police officals and such who get vandalized by hoolagans. But, like, hoolagans will always be. In fact, they'll prolly strike harder with the day removed out of spite, or more frequently and sparatic without a target day to aim for.

Despite the support by authority figures, of course, normal people aren't happy about it. It's pretty much just like Christmas. There's some holiday that a pagan religion celebrated, Catholics came in and wanted to change them and their customs, but certain ones stuck. Why? Not because they were stubborn but because the Catholics said, "Hey, this is fun. Let's adopt it!" That's the part overlooked.

So, no, I have no costume, no lantern for Jack, no little kids to insult the costumes of, and thuswise no fun Crying

Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.
  Take me out To the black, Tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land And boil the sea, You can't take the sky from me.
  Have no place I can be Since I found Serenity, But you can't take the sky from me.
  - Firefly Themesong
TheFireToad

Member #244

Oct 31, 2005 18:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Meh, I don't have a costume this year. I don't even have a pumpkin. The store was out of them, so I had to suffice by making a squash-o-lantern 'cause that's all they had. Sucks for me.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
draggy1234

Member #97

Oct 31, 2005 20:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I just finished handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. I have a costume, but I don't think it's anything really original. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be, and I just wore the costume because I've done so for several Halloween years now. Tongue

Anyway, after one hour and 45 minutes of waiting at the front door, I think I gave out candy to 65 people. Since I gave 3-5 pieces of candy for each one, I'm guessing I gave out in total around 250 pieces. Embarrassed Hope I've satisfied some sweet teeth.

So, I'm also curious as to how the rest of all of your Halloween nights went.

* randomly gives MadGoblin a candy in the spirit of Halloween *
Sword
Cheetarius

Member #10

Oct 31, 2005 21:14
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Feh, I doubt I would've run into anyone dressed similarly to me tonight. I had a white shirt, black tie, black double-breasted jacket, a dark overcoat, and a dark fedora I'd borrowed from grandparents... the pants didn't match, and were actually just khaki pants from my school uniform - I couldn't find a pair of dark pants, haha. I even had a black umbrella.
   I had the tie pulled loose and hanging below one button, and slightly to the left - the double-breasted jacket was buttoned up (there's only three buttons, one inside, two outside), and the overcoat was pretty much just dangling, with the fedora pulled low of course. All I really would've needed was a bouquet of roses - the darker the better - and it really would've been complete.
   Yeah, I was going as a character from a 1920's mafia flick. The costume was pretty good, according to parental units and siblings, but I didn't actually go trick-or-treating or anything thanks to rain. We didn't even have any kids come up to our house. Bah.

Moral: F*** THE WEATHER! lol

Oh, and sorry about the waste of space describing my costume. It had needs be done. Tongue

-Cheetarius
  C:\DOS
  C:\DOS\RUN
  RUN\DOS\RUN
TheFireToad

Member #244

Oct 31, 2005 22:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This year's Halloween sucked for me, but I had the coolest costumes when I was young. When I was really little, my grandma made me a Link costume from the Legend of Zelda. But the Zelda series had just come out at that time, so everyone thought I was Robin Hood. Then I was R2-D2. Probably my dad's best work. Everyone in school loved it. Then the following year I was Toad from the Mario Bros. series. Quite possibly the most top heavy costume ever built, but still really fun to wear. And that just about ended by stream of good Halloween costumes, lol.

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Oct 31, 2005 22:07
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Blah, I was of the dispensing of candies this year...and I certainly did a lot of dispensing. My dad buys $110 of candy, people start coming around 6:00pm...The candy didn't make it to 8:00.

Penguin Power!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 31, 2005 22:36

Wow, you guys must live in popu-malated areas. I was moved out to a, with no other way to put it, "old people street" about ten years ago, so everyone's grandchildren are usually too old for gathering candy.

However, since my folks refuse to change, always have maybe ten trick-ors and three gallons of candy leftover.

And, sniff, I ain't even there to help take care of the "remains", quoted since if 90% of it is still there, it doesn't really seem like remains Slanted Mouth

American by birth; Angry by Choice.
  - Kurt Angle, Olympian Gold Medal Wrestler
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Nov 1, 2005 1:40
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was just happy that I did not have to work this year, unlike the last two Halloweens. I pretty much just visited with family and helped hand out treats, as I did not have a costume.

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 1, 2005 10:42

I must say that I was unable to scare too many people this year since I didn't have my normal costume (reason being the gown to cover my body only went down to my knees, it was like a ring wraith, not a dress, so shaddup)
  There were a group of kids that came as fruits and a santa claus. The best small girl's costume went to a pink cowgirl, mostly because she was really quiet but demanded three pieces of candy. The young boy went to a zombie costume which had tattered clothing but WONDERFUL make up. I have to say that the best older guy costume was a bunch of grapes(he came long before the jellybelly girl) and the best older girl costume...probably went to the royal red velvety goth dress.

I thought no one would notice the fluke, drats.

My question to everyone is: what happened to all the spidermen? Every single spiderman that I gave candy to was SO SAD! Was this just my nieghborhood or did others have a costume set that had this trait?

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Nov 1, 2005 14:34

Well, I just passed out candy this year. The cool thing with us, however, is that we live in this "No Outlet" street, and we get the really good candy. (like the Kit Kats, and not those lame Smarties) But since nobody ever comes down our street, it gives us an excuse to eat them because nobody ever comes here.

http://kupoling-katana.com
  The official anti-LL site!
Dragon_Kirby

Member #226

Nov 1, 2005 19:35
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And now it's time for...

El DIA DE LOS MUERTOS!

I made pan de muertos and everything ^_^ Why you ask? Cuz it was extra credit for my spanish class.

Penguin Power!
Camo

Member #5

Nov 2, 2005 24:45
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Australia doesn't really do it, well some people do, but I'm yet to sell out. What suprised me is a friend of mine is too old for fairy bread, yet not too old to celebrate Halloween.
  EDIT: one of my mates stole the internet and posted this hlaf done.

[Editted by Camo on Nov 2, 2005 4:48]
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 2, 2005 21:31

...fairy bread? I got to hear this.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Camo

Member #5

Nov 3, 2005 3:28

On Nov 2, 2005 21:31, boyachi said:

...fairy bread? I got to hear this.

It was her 17th and I told her I was keen to bring fairy bread, but she didn't want me to do so as it was childish (Awesome party by the way, I was pretty much the only bloke there!).

c**t me up scotty
Blade

Member #99

Nov 12, 2005 1:27

Feh..Better late than never. Living in rural Australia Halloween isn't really celebrated. Nevertheless my sister had a halloween party (albeit slightly a lot gothic) there was bats and pentagrams and red candles everywhere...we even got some pumpkins and carved them. It was a weird night, with screenings of the crow for all... until my mate and I ambushed the party with water bombs and stole their food!
  T'was fun for all Big Smile

PS:Rotten Pumpkin's arent cool

EDIT: I see camo's post-count has reached 1337...w00t!

Homer: (in japanese) Should we tell them the secret of inner peace?
  Bart: (in japanese) No! They are foreign devils!

[Editted by Blade on Nov 12, 2005 10:54]
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 12, 2005 19:32

I prefer slightly rotting as supposed to bug infested.
  Its not that I'm afraid of bugs, its just that some make me want to puke. For example if you see someone in the middle of the sidewalk, puss oozing at a fast rate out of their eyes as they vomit, you aren't going to want to be within audible distance of them if you can help it.
  How is it that "the goth" has reached its dark hands all over the globe? Then again, emo has just as well...suppose the infection is somewhat related.

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 24:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022