Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 5:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: We've Been Invaded

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 23, 2005 16:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Does anyone remember Arlen? It was a really annoying forum member that e-mailed me all sorts of bothersome things (I think it was him, at least; I get my newbies blended together Dead ), and like a typical n00b, had a ton of posts bah-leeted?

Well, guess what?.... we've been invaded! It was, in fact, Chiriru "Crazy" Mai Laughing She was purposely acting douche-baggy (I'd assume Wavey Mouth ) to test how "sexist" we were.

Because... of course... all of RE is very sexist... as any of our female members will tell you... the female members we are always shocked to have Shifty Eyes

Now, I had to find a blog entry of hers recently to quote something she said 'bout me a while back, and since then, I've been goin' over a lot of her stuff. Well, Gobbs stumbled upon an interesting page from a forum she was a part of. It exists now only as a cached Google page, so I'll give you the gyst of it here.

(Kami, I'm hoping this belongs here... It IS Internet-related, after all. ^_^)

Back when Cherry Chatter was still Winged Haven and I still went by the screen name Mai (I still do; just not on boards so much anymore), I belonged to the forum at Reality's End. Perhaps someone here remembers, but I was chased off after apologizing for any rude/unintelligent posts I may have made on a few boards, and I was labeled as a "typical female" -- weak.

And so, a few years later, after I became certain that my IP address has long since been forgotten and after I had changed my e-mail address several times, I present to you Experiment 001.

Hypothesis: The members of the forum at Reality's End are sexist pigs.

Experiment: I will take the observations I have made when I participated at the forum two years ago (under the female persona of Chiriru Mai) and compare them to the observations I will make as I communicate for a period of one month with the others under a new, male character named Arlen. If I am accepted and well-treated, my hypothesis will be proven, and the members are indeed sexist. If I am treated with hostility, then I will arrive at the conclusion that the members are simply pigs who deserve to be smacked.

Conclusion: ????

Further notes: For your entertainment, you may watch me conduct the experiment at the Reality's End forums. However, I must warn you -- if you value your dignity, do NOT participate in ANYTHING on Reality's End. The owner, either way, is a jerk and must NOT be supported!

Have a nice day. ^_^

Her conclusion was, apparently, that we are all sexist... even tho' we treated Arlen quite bad (and I remember trying sooooo hard not to pwn that "dude").

What I find so entertaining about this the quoted section "typical female". No one ever called her this. I did call her weak, but not because she was female. In fact, the most I mentioned her being a woman was with the feminine pronoun.

So where does she get this sexist garbage from? Where else -- Camo. He was the only one that said anything about her femaleness, 'cause that is what Camo always does. He's a douche like that. I'm sure it has been the cause of at least one of his bannings.

So, apparently, you can determine the actions of the entire RE forum based on Camo alone Mean Look

Conclusion: This is why I still included the "Crazy" qualifier in her name.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 23, 2005 16:52
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, I'm something for accidently finding that Big Smile I originally ran the search on Google to find all the posts she made to learn, "Was there something she did bad?"

Google didn't help, and it largely just led to her "Apology" post were I only said something like, "She's in pain and you're kicking her when down? For shame!" Yep, that was sexist of me Slanted Mouth

Sexist is barely a term to describe RE or its patrons. I mean, I'll openly admit that a lot of us are prejudice against woman, but not negatively. Whenever there is a female, I tend to think, "Alright, someone with more sense about them," as this generally is the case. Typical teenage boys < typical teenage girls, teenage being the average age of the site goers.

I mean, one important note to make is we hassle all members, either in jest or for serious. We at RE just don't like stupid people. Regardless of race, religion, gender, or place of origin, we will hate you if you are stupid. Those who brave the harsh treatment learn and become accepted. Look at VinnyD! He was quite loathed at his initial coming, as well as a large slew of others. RE only takes the creme of the crop, assuming crops have creme, which would be news to me.

Here's some fun: Arlen made a post and Ems mentioned Mai in it, meaning Ems was speaking of Mai to Mai without know it Laughing
  What a hilarious evening.

Anyhoo, I like how no conclusion was ever reached. I also like how I and others thought that Arlen was a chick and not a dude. Only after assertion of masculinity did we think otherwise. Arlen just seemed like a chick-name to me.

A fun note for the end: on the forum she posted on, one fellow forumer noted that other females came here, and Crazy Mai had this to say:
  "Either she's oblivious to their views on women or I'm wrong."

I think we know the answer.

I thought of that line... Really...

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
  - River Tam, Firefly
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 24, 2005 2:11

Woah, hold the phone, Arlen was supposed to be a guy? I remember that post! (why is it that anytime I look back I find a version of myself that I hate?)
  I definitely remember the feeling that he was a she, mainly because of the topic matter, I mean, it twas an emo thing to say, and yes I have to admit that girls tend to say more emo things, because I find emo guys don't say much at all in my presence, not even derogatory remarks, which might have been why I left my wolf parents to live with these strange and silent male creatures. (Just try telling your parents that you don't want to eat squirrels for the fifteth night in a row and see how long you can last before they bite you and start throwing names and curses)
  She agreed with Mints, which was fun, my big question is, when did she stop posting? The bigger question, if she is still active, what happens now? Can we make her where a tie?* fabricates a RedSatinTie *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 24, 2005 7:09
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That is... Interesting. I have to say, devious, and since it worked, effective, but, why bother?

If we really are/were/will be sexist pigs, or just pigs in general, which are the only two choices we got, why would that impact upon her, in any way?

If she wanted to defame RE, couldn't she just call us all 'pigs' anyway, and be done with it?

I think she has way too much time on her hands...

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

MintMan

Member #1

Oct 24, 2005 12:26

Okay, after reading that hilarious post in which I mention Mai to, well, herself, I am beginning to reconstruct the past a little better.

Like everyone else, I first believed Arlen a chick. Then, after the subject matter and constant claims that she was in fact dudely-like, I thought that Arlen was in fact someone I had just recently banned from the forums a week earlier, or some annoying RELer I had done my normal rounds of "Can't you read, YFFI?" on.

At any rate, her experiment doesn't make any sense, as Zedd says. For one thing, she would have to do everything that Mai did in order for there to be a comparison; pointing out someone else that acted like a whiny douche is hardly the same thing Slanted Mouth What she shoulda done is had a friend sign up with an overly-girly name and do almost everything Arlen did. That would prove that we hate women and not just Mai in general Laughing
  She would have found a bias, needless to say, although not the one she would have expected Shifty Eyes Women on-line always act so much less idiotic than men. For example, if they have a problem in a game, they e-mail me instead of signing up for an account that they will use once and never touch again (or touch to ask stupid questions Sweat Drop ). Of course, that also keeps our feminine numbers down, so... boo!
  The average, teenage male, however, doesn't even know where to find my e-mail address Sweat Drop Morons.

Back to the point, Mai's great, seriously, even if a li'l crazy. I have actually followed her around for a while (since ego searches often bring up her blogs -- she mentions me so much that she must has a thing for me Tongue ).
  It is a rather strange transformation; it starts out with Kero being a "heartless bastard", which I do believe I even call myself in one of those posts. You'll get no argument from me there; I usually get called a "sadistic bastard", so heartless is actually one up.

Then, Mai took a 180-turn and started becoming a heavy n00b-basher, being very upset and annoyed by whiny and incompetent n00bs -- which is a prejudice you can rightly say about the partrons of the RE forum. Hel, I'll wear that like a badge!
  Why, there even was a glint of one time where Mai actually agreed with me Embarrassed

But that went away fast. From no where, this whole "RE is sexist" thing appeared, and I don't know where from! The first hint of it came as an indirect reference from an earlier conversation as an "all-guy girl-hater" place Boggle Which is a buggered thing to call it, as we have never been "all-guy" nor "girl-haters". Oh, how I miss the days of Lady Aeris, Sailor Pikachu, and Akira! But even since Mai was around, we have had some form of lady-tude, and much, much more outside of the forums than in.

As far as I can tell, this is some sort of psychological transformation of her enemy. Originally, we were just a bunch of newbie-hatin', emo-bashin' blokes, but as she became more aligned with the dark side, she needed something else to hate us for, thus the misassociation of Camo's common jackassery with every aspect of RE.

That's quite a magic trick, isn't it, Zedd-who's-actually-Mai-in-disguise Shifty Eyes er, I mean... real, male Zedd?
Pikang

Member #230

Oct 24, 2005 14:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ayiyiyi...I remember you saying that in a "certain" e-mail. "Heartless Bastard"? That sounds a little harsh.

Now, while I don't quite understand this sexist thing on RE, I do know that it's wrong to even describe it that way. It's just not true. My friend Sara, for example, trains my Pokemon on REL, and she wants her own account. SHE FRIGGIN' LOVES THIS SITE! No one can call THAT sexist, am I right? HER friend Kara has an account as well, but I do believe that SHE is sexist, 'cause she's a kick-ass kinda person.

Getting back to the point, anyone who calls a site and it's followers a bunch of sexist pigs is the heartless bastard themself, 'casue they don't know what they're missing out on!

Or is that the point? I don't get it.

There is just NO WAY anyone can beat the truly awesome power of Shadow Bannette and Shadow Sableye! HahaHA! Shadow Pokemon RULE! I will trash you all!

....Um...Resistance...is.....
  ...futile?

[Editted by Pikang on Oct 24, 2005 15:00]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 24, 2005 17:03

* MadGoblin's opinion of Pikang has greatly increased * Upside Down Smile

I think Zedd has some confusion. What do you mean, "it worked". She never "reached" her conclusion. That much remained undecided. When I pulled up that quote from her about other she-REs, I was aiming for the latter. She said the gals were either oblivious or she was wrong, and she was dead wrong. Slightly my opinion to why the results were never posted. Tail tucked, kiddies, and running.

"My food is problematic."
  - River Tam while trying to eat an ice planet, Firefly
Battalon127

Member #25

Oct 24, 2005 19:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Woah, I actually remember reading this thing, though I was pretty quiet back then. Seems like a pretty ill-concieved "plan" to me. Perhaps we should hear from SSS, though, as ranking female REFer. It would seem we pigs owe her an apology for, er, uh, Camo? Naw, Camo shouldn't have to be apologized for. He's just too... Camo. Uh, yeah!

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 24, 2005 20:51

No, let's not here from her. I isn't like I have made repeated passes on her or anything, so she doesn't have anything interesting to add to the conversation.

Yes... everyone just walk away now... walk away.

Anyway, I think the "Heartless Bastard" title fits quite well, actually, especially after telling a fifteen-time suicide attempter to try harder.

As for Camo, I'm sure I have banned him enough times, and that at least one of the times was due to an off-color comment made in the Elders Wavey Mouth I dunno if he is joking or serious, but either way, those comments are the normal, drunken Camoisms we have all come to know and love.
msanis

Member #7

Oct 24, 2005 20:57
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What a fool. I can at least say that I myself am all for equal rights for males and females. I am also quite certain that I haven't seen any on these forums that have conducted in a way that is derogatory towards females. Sure, a few might attempt to (and fail miserably at) hitting on them, but it is all in jest. There is no bad intent on it.

I am actually quite angered by this person. Not because of what she did, but because of the fact that she claimed her "hypothesis" as fact before even prooving it. It is true, you guys can be a little rough on new guys/gals, but that is because you just HATE stupidity. I am most definitely not rude towards females, in fact, I try my best to be polite towards them.

The difference with Mai was, we knew almost from the very beginning that something was a little... off with her. We tried to be nice about it though, but she just REALLY wierded us out. I don't remember the exact specifics of why she was banned, but I think it was because she was causing havoc in the forums. Do not ALL members, regardless of gender, get banned for blatant stupidity and/or unacceptable subject material?

She had her little experiment. That experiment failed. There was one little variable she never really noticed throughout this entire expiriment, and that was her own stupidity.

Oh... and since she, at some point (if she has ANY knowledge on computers at all), will indeed see this, I have a few things to say directly to her. My accusations towards your mental capacity are indeed not towards females, but rather, yourself. You may happen to be of the female gender, but in no way do I hold the entire female population at fault for your lack of intelligence. Why do I say this? Obviously, you lack the mental capacity to comprehend how your actions, despite them being under the guise of a "male" or "female", have the same worth to us. If you had but a shred of intelligence, you would have noticed that the only opposition here is towards the unintelligible who cause problems. It is a sad fact, that you never realized that you (not females) are part of this group.

No purpose, No goals, and quite pointless.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 24, 2005 21:38

Actually, she isn't banned. She never was. As far as I know, she never did anything odd until she made that apology post.

She apparently felt that she had been behaving strangely (I thinked she posted a bit more than normal), but I didn't notice anything. She wasn't a n00b, either. She was quite veteran-y, actually, being around ever since Angelfire (I think -- VirtualAve at least) in the REL. That is why her flippin' out came as such a shock.

Technically, the grudge was only one sided (or thought to be one sided) until this whole sexism thing came out Angry That just gets me steamed!
Camo

Member #5

Oct 25, 2005 3:19
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

OINK!

I agree with her totally.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 25, 2005 4:05
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, right, I thought it actually went through. I didn't read the page. My bad.

Even so, her motives confuse me. It makes no sense.

But what place does logic hold these days? Wink

Hang on, me a mai-in-disguise? That I ain't. Unless I recently transformed into a girl... Which I should hope I didn't. Hang on, they could be all around us!

Paranoia is a wonderful thing Wink

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

"There are few men who can quickly reply to the question 'What is the Way of the warrior?'. This is because they do not know in their hearts. From this we can see they do not follow the Way. By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the Warrior is death" - Ha Gakure, Yamamoto Tsunenori

[Editted by Zedd on Oct 25, 2005 4:11]
Camo

Member #5

Oct 25, 2005 5:13
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm afraid you're going to need to check in your pants and confirm that for us Zedd.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 25, 2005 22:50

Why does Mai have no post number or member number, just to be curious, I was going to check that to verify that Zedd was Zedd, but now I'm not sure...

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 26, 2005 10:04

Her account is so old that it was from way back when spaces were "allowed" in member names.

Of course, a space is a special character and wreaks havoc on UNIX servers and services, including making URL references to accounts.

So essentially, her account doesn't even exist; it just reads some buggered-up data prolly from a botched write.
Pikang

Member #230

Oct 26, 2005 15:15

Now I'm even more confused. What is the point of what she did? From what I'm thinking, this sexist-tester(or whatever you wanna say)is a girl who wanted to test if RE was sexist. That much I DO understand. But that was an act of weirdness. No self-respecting woman would want to go out of their way to test if a Web Site of any kind is sexist.

Really, does she still get on here? If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I won't do anything. But if she WAS being sexist, then...I'm-a going to have to get out the Stinkowing. And blam her to bits......? Because I'm the kind of person who doesn't like any of my computers Favorites site listings to get blasted by a sexist.

And that sandwich will have mustard on it...
  The mustard of your DOOM!!!!
  (laughs like a sick little kid on crack)

-Fawful, from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
msanis

Member #7

Oct 26, 2005 23:14
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Oct 24, 2005 21:38, MintMan said:

Actually, she isn't banned. She never was. As far as I know, she never did anything odd until she made that apology post.

She apparently felt that she had been behaving strangely (I thinked she posted a bit more than normal), but I didn't notice anything. She wasn't a n00b, either. She was quite veteran-y, actually, being around ever since Angelfire (I think -- VirtualAve at least) in the REL. That is why her flippin' out came as such a shock.

Technically, the grudge was only one sided (or thought to be one sided) until this whole sexism thing came out Angry That just gets me steamed!

Seems my memory has faded a bit on the subject. I haven't heard about Mai in well... I can't even remember the last time I heard that name before this post. I guess you can say, the only thing I can REALLY remember is that at some point she started talking about all these overly emotional (wierd/creepy) things, and it just kind of was... wierd. I could have SWORN though, that you banned her for something. Guess I was wrong... Dot Mouth

Regardless, I can't believe someone would waste so many years of their time for such a useless purpose. First of all, even if we WERE sexist (which we are, despite Camo's obvious attempts, not), what would prooving it do for her? How would doing that benefit her? Furthermore, why would she go as far with it as to spend YEARS on this "expirament". It just... boggles the mind.

If you never even banned her or did anything really negative towards her, I don't really understand why she would even presume that you were sexist in the first place. If anything Minty, I suppose this phrase would work well: "It's one freaky small world". The wierdos you meet in the past can always come back to haunt you in the future... Shifty Eyes

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.
Pikang

Member #230

Oct 27, 2005 15:10

Sexist is barely a term to describe RE or its patrons. I mean, I'll openly admit that a lot of us are prejudice against woman, but not negatively. Whenever there is a female, I tend to think, "Alright, someone with more sense about them," as this generally is the case. Typical teenage boys < typical teenage girls, teenage being the average age of the site goers.

I mean, one important note to make is we hassle all members, either in jest or for serious. We at RE just don't like stupid people. Regardless of race, religion, gender, or place of origin, we will hate you if you are stupid. Those who brave the harsh treatment learn and become accepted. Look at VinnyD! He was quite loathed at his initial coming, as well as a large slew of others. RE only takes the creme of the crop, assuming crops have creme, which would be news to me.

Now I know why that e-mail I got had the words, "you post senseless garbage" in it.

Senseless garbage? I think not. If you want to be loathed by everyone for claiming that you accept only the SMART people on a website, go ahead. But forums aren't supposed to be this way. That's discrimintation.

And that sandwich will have mustard on it...
  The mustard of your DOOM!!!!
  (laughs like a sick little kid on crack)

-Fawful, from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
msanis

Member #7

Oct 27, 2005 20:06

Hmmmm... I think you take what he said a little incorrectly.

Tell me, who is a more likable person:
  - A person who speaks predominantely in 1337 speak for no good reason, and constantly harasses/bothers other members.
  - A person making thought-out posts pertaining to the subjects, and is able to understand various points of view.

Hopefully, you choose the latter. I don't think he meant that you require some massive IQ or anything to be an accepted member. Rather, I believe that he meant that doing things that are obviously annoying or pertaining to controversial material are not really liked around here. Get my point? As a forum made specifically for this site, it can be tailored for any audience the owner (Minty) wishes to have.
  Quite frankly, I think the rules both written and unwritten around here are quite simple to follow. No need to be concerned. Wink

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Oct 27, 2005 20:07]
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Mar 29, 2024 5:37 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022