Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 7:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Ahoy Mates!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 19, 2005 19:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ahoy, me hearties!

Just reminding ye all that it is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Like ye didn't know that, yar!

All right, mates - need to get rid of me stash of homework. May the wind be in your sails!

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 19, 2005 22:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Shiver me timbers, me nearly forgot. I'll need t'bone up on me piratese, but alas, the scourge of the accursed homework has'b'n cast upon me as well. I'd best be gettin' to it b'fore me cap'n throws me overboard for swingin' the lead.

It's only a matter of time before the mosquitoes get smart enough to form a swarm in the shape of a hand and unzip the tent flap to suck us dry. ~Me and a couple of friends during a canoeing trip in Northern Minnesota after retreating to our tent at 9:30 to escape the hoards of mosquitoes
Afiag

Member #242

Sep 20, 2005 6:15
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

(Drat....Forgot which day that was. Why did I not check the forums yesterday?!?!?!)

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.
TheFireToad

Member #244

Sep 20, 2005 16:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ar? In all me travels of the seven seas I've never heard of such a holiday. I better fetch me peg leg and eye patch. If ye don't take part in this event, I'll make ye walk the plank!

In this world there are things that people mustn't touch. Who cares!

-Kalas (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 20, 2005 17:38
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, this holiday is gaining steam. I thought it was somethin' crazy that only existed in Australia or somethin', but just yesterday (obviously), a local television network here in Toledo cut a promo with a chick talkin' like a pirate, informing everyone as to what day it was. Spiffy!
Cheetarius

Member #10

Sep 20, 2005 18:21
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's getting pretty popular down here in Arkansas, too. It's fun, but I always forget what day it is. I'll have to see if I can get it put on the school calendar. ;P

- Cheetarius, Lurking On A Website Near You...
Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 20, 2005 19:36

I first heard of it a couple of years ago... in a Dave Barry column. And I should have remembered because he had a notice at his site the other day (the only place I can still read his stuff since the paper that used to have it dropped it).

It's only a matter of time before the mosquitoes get smart enough to form a swarm in the shape of a hand and unzip the tent flap to suck us dry. ~Me and a couple of friends during a canoeing trip in Northern Minnesota after retreating to our tent at 9:30 to escape the hoards of mosquitoes
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 20, 2005 20:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was under the impression he retired from the paper...

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 20, 2005 21:56

Televised chick promo? Dammits! I only heard about it in a morning radio spot. For the mornin' show, mateys, they had someone inform of the day's nature, giving some examples of speak, and a website address. Something like TalkLikeAPirate.com, but, since I don't know it exactly, I won't link it. Lazy!

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
Camo

Member #5

Sep 21, 2005 6:46
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dammit, this is the second year in a row I've forgotten about the best day of the year.

I must walk ye plank! yar....

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
weirdymike

Member #241

Sep 21, 2005 20:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

yeah its talklikeapirate.com
  I checked it out on the internet when you guys told us that there was a pirate day.. they are even selling a book called "so you want to be a pirate?"

Well. Now I know for next year. Gotta write it down though.
  * fabricates a calender to write down the date *

Smoke all you want. You're going to get hit by a bus.
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 7:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022