Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 21:45 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Mintman's Birthday (Challenge) for 2005

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 2, 2005 1:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You are quite correct - in fact, I stash most of my images on SMFC in the folder http://www.smfc.us/images Smile Then again, it's pretty much obvious that images should not be hanging about here and there, isn't it?

*shudders thinking of Lon Lon Ranch website with 100-some images in the main folder*

...Reasons for remaining hidden? Unfortunately, it's too late my time to think clearly, so any hypothesis I post now will be refuted with laughter and FtRPG assailing.

* class changes to Priest *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Sep 2, 2005 1:45]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 2, 2005 10:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

TripleAssault isn't in the Bestiary. Only form pictures are.

And the Images directory is only for temporary promotional and bestiary pictures (since I get a li'l rm -rf * happy on occasion Shifty Eyes ).

The pictures used are the standard adoption images used by every monster any time it is displayed anywhere. Y'know, one of the oldest concepts of BD.

The only place they are ever entirely listed is in the forum topics for said monster, which would now be a year buried since that is when the Miraj came out.
doomstar

Member #245

Sep 2, 2005 13:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm.....hi. You may know that I am SSS's older sister. She has finally convinced me to actually use my account and post on the forums. I wanted to enter the contest so I wouldn't be bored. I asked my sister what kind of things Kero likes to get an idea of what to draw, so....here it is! I didn't spend much time on it, but it's funny, right? ....Right? my entry

I eat brains.

SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 2, 2005 17:28
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's... to cute. That and it's too plain, but all my creativity has been drained... rather I wasn't about to draw what my sista did. Laughing
  Oh well, here it is.

Happy Birthday to all birthdayers!
Cheetarius

Member #10

Sep 2, 2005 20:36
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Both of those entries rock. I'm gonna go lurk jealously in a corner...

- Cheetarius, Wondering What This Button Does...
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 2, 2005 21:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What? Older sister? Born in 1991? Something doesn't add up... and didn't you already have a forum account under the name Melee?

Hmmm... I do like my womens with pointy ears, although that is a genetic impossibility in real life.... or is it? I just wonder whatever happened to my chin Boggle

Muchos sneatos for Tris's, too. Now let us see if I received any e-mails to trump your submissions... * crosses fingers for foxy entries * Dang.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 3, 2005 24:34

Hey Hey, love the work, but you just can't beat stick figures.
  Behold teh suck.

Wait...I didn't do stick figures...*kick's self for realizing too late* Oh well. Excellent work everyone.
  And...*looks at time happy UNbirthday! Mints! Hope you enjoyed those prom dress pictures Gobbo and I did what do you mean you didn't? Uh...I uh...*cough*

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Sep 3, 2005 12:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know, you don't have to draw something. You can also sprite up something (like I did). If you saw the Shadora Wallpaper thing I made, you would get my point (that'a also what I sent in for the challenge).

* class jumps to the Mage Mark *

The Kupoling-Katana, my sword (later changed to the Kupo-Katana)
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 3, 2005 14:42

Um, yeah.... no.

"Spriting up" takes almost no effort. In fact, it takes my effort. You ain't winnin' anything with that.

* uses LandSmite on Kupoling_Katana for not only suggesting piecemail work over quality, hand-made work, but also for wasting a Mark token on the Mage class -- c'mon! *
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 4, 2005 21:17

Two things have dawned on me.
  1st and the most obvious is that no one can post twice in a row. Which would be the answer to the obvious question of, why hasn't the tree been growing?
  Second, and more important: Mints has a scanner. That means clearly that he could have and still can make his own new splash pic. The entire contest was IN VAIN! I LAUGH AT ALL WHO MADE LOVELY, LOVELY, DEDICATED hours to stive to win...*feels a moment of remorse*
  He may have the last laugh, but I can still laugh slightly before him and most certainly after all of you!
  man that was weak *goes off to start working on the Spear's offical fansite contest*

Kupoling_Katana

Member #238

Sep 5, 2005 11:07

Personally, I prefer qualtity over quality. That's why you have 4 games that are half-done. And yes, I do like to waste tokens.

* picks a virtual AbstractArt *

The Kupoling-Katana, my sword (later changed to the Kupo-Katana)
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 5, 2005 11:47

Hey boyo, you seem to be most correct, except for the hours of hard work. How long do you think it took us?

Either way, it seems that he has forgotten this contest or more likely doesn't care.
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 6, 2005 1:06

Well considering I spent well over 4 hours on mine, (kinda sad, huh?) I considered that most put some effort into their submissions.
  I fear you maybe right, SSS. He seems to not be answering...time to cause mischiefs!

MintMan

Member #1

Sep 6, 2005 12:40

Or that you simply haven't gone to the contest page for an update, which is where I would put any updates instead of this topic.

C'mon!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 6, 2005 20:31

No, you C'mon! You honestly think I wouldn't have checked that already? All the contest page says is that you're still deciding. It shouldn't be that difficult to take that long... unless I am underestimating and becoming impatient. ^__^'
  Really though, you know how much I look forward to my second place every year. That's one place right there that you don't have to decide on.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Sep 9, 2005 2:25
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

2nd place - behind me! Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

He said this was the year he got the most entries. Maybe he got more good entries than just yours and Doom's. Or maybe he's just trying to decide exactly how low to rank us slackers. Tongue

-Cheetarius
  C:\DOS
  C:\DOS\RUN
  RUN\DOS\RUN
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 16, 2005 22:52
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Congatulations are in order for triple S, I beleive. Well drawn, very well drawn.

* gives SailorSassyStar a WinnerTrophy for... well, winning *

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
Sword
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 18, 2005 20:13

I really won for once? I thought for sure that the theater one would win.
  Thanks for the congrats.

Shifty Eyes There are only two problems now. One, I must decide what new creature to adopt and two, I think it subtracted three wyrd waters instead of adding. :3 Fun stuff. *runs away to do homework*
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 18, 2005 21:40
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, yours was better drawn. Anyway, Mints, just out of interest, do runner-ups get anythin'?

Just interested. There's an extra wyrdwater and a BrokSmithy in my account, but I can't remember if I got 'em in a touney or not.

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

"There are few men who can quickly reply to the question 'What is the Way of the warrior?'. This is because they do not know in their hearts. From this we can see they do not follow the Way. By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the Warrior is death" - Ha Gakure, Yamamoto Tsunenori

[Editted by Zedd on Sep 18, 2005 21:41]
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 18, 2005 22:18

No, that was from being a runner-up. There haven't been many tourneys since the autumn season began.

Hmm, I think I accidentally inserted a new Wyrd Water record into your account, thus causing the new, lower value to overwrite the higher, previous value when I should have just changed the number plain... must not have seen it.

As for why you were picked, 'twas the coloring job. Y'all know how much I esteem smooth colorin'. Plus you're legal now Lick
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 24, 2024 21:45 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022