Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Feb 21, 2020 18:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Mintman's Birthday (Challenge) for 2005

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
draggy1234

Member #97

Aug 3, 2005 21:26
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If I recall correctly, isn't MintMan's birthday coming up soon? Maybe a month or so from now?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 3, 2005 21:35
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As is Ash10's, SailorSassyStars, and my own, if I recall correctly. Just under a month away, September 2nd.

I guess Ems doesn't have anything planned for a Ems' B-Day Contest, that, or he's been too busy to care about something that gets ignored annually anywise.

"Fruit: good. Cake: great. Fruit Cake: Nasty crap."
  - Jim Gaffigan
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 3, 2005 23:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And why the 'el would you care? No one ever does anything for those contests anyway, and you already won (both of you, in fact), so you cannot win again.

Originally, I tried giving one month's notice, and everyone complained about not having enough time. Last time, I tried two, and no one did anything anyway.

Well, fine then. Let it be known that the Fourth Annual Birthday Challenge is underway.

If you are unfamiliar with this challenge, it goes like this: I really do need anything for my birthday. All I could really use is more time to work on my site, so instead of giving me a present, how about making one for my site?

Well, this year, I am in some desperate need. You see, my scanner has been broken for quite some time. Have you seen the splash page? I had that picture up two years ago! It is time for something new, and that is where you come in.

I need a new Splash Page Picture... badly. That is it. Make a new splash page. It doesn't matter what it is of or how you make that; that is how all of the different places will be determined.

Or, if you cannot draw (or even if you can but want to win easier), send in pics of your foxxy self Wink Ladies only, of course. It won't be a splash page, but, hey, you'll still win if you do... or if anyone does... 'cause I doubt anyone will Wavey Mouth

This years prize? Um... I dunno... a whole lotta stuff. Have at it! Submissions good up until September 2nd, 11:59pm.

[Editted by MintMan on Aug 3, 2005 23:26]
Camo

Member #5

Aug 4, 2005 18:12
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

More importantly its my Birthday next Friday!

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
msanis

Member #7

Aug 4, 2005 20:43
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmmm...

I've recently gotten pretty good at drawing, and I have alot of spare time...

Still can't do it though. I lack a scanner as well, and as such... there'd be no way for me to get it to you anyway... Shifty Eyes

Heh... if I find some way to do it; I'll give it a try. I most likely won't be able to though, at this rate. I don't see my parents buying a scanner any time soon... D'oh

No purpose, No goals, and quite pointless.
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 4, 2005 21:49

Would I win automatically if I sent in a picture of myself in my sister's prom dress? I mean would that be girl enough for you? Huh huh? *wishes I could post anon on this*
  *cough* what's going on? a contest in which I must make a splash? sounds fun. I'll throw something (or someone) in.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Zedd

Member #76

Aug 5, 2005 5:59
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'll try to make something... Perhaps not even too substandard. But we'll see how I go.

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Aug 6, 2005 12:03
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

That's not a fair contest! I actually stand a chance of making first place even without sending a picture of myself. There's still not a chance that I'll send a picture, so get over it already.

I just have to figure out what to draw for a good splash page... last time I tried to draw a dragon it looked like a mutant puppy...
Camo

Member #5

Aug 7, 2005 3:18
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dammit Mintman, always after nudies!

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
Cheetarius

Member #10

Aug 7, 2005 4:34

Mm... birthdays, fun! I'd try to work something up, but I've got crap to work with. Well, that and I usually suck at drawing. I think for your birthday I'll do - nothing! That's right, I promise to not screw up anything for your birthday! Aren't you happy?

- Cheetarius, Wondering What This Button Does...
msanis

Member #7

Aug 7, 2005 17:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Heh... I just got some good inspiration for an awesome splash. I've become pretty good in drawing lately. I'm starting to wonder whether or not I should do it. Afterall, I may not be able to post it until much later. Heh... well if I am to do it; I need one thing. I forgot how Minty always draws himself... I need to see that as a guide. I MIGHT do it. My only problem is; I kind of suck at coloring things in once I draw them...

I won't be able to post it until after the deadline most likely. Meh... I might still do it. Are there particularly any guidelines to this thing? Is there a specified size you want?

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Aug 7, 2005 20:57]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 7, 2005 17:32

Wow, people seem really in to this, and you know what that means:

I'll make a submission, despite not being able to win, to crush you all! Mwahahahaha!

And, no, I don't mean a splash page! * throws on a pretty, pink dress *
   I feel pretty!

"And uh, antique furniture scares me half to death."
  "What do they call that?"
  "I don't think it has a name. I'm the only one with it."
  - Bandits, Terry & Kate
fightertype

Member #227

Aug 7, 2005 19:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And what sort of pictures would those be, exactly, Minty? Do I want to know?

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
MadGoblin

Member #2

Aug 7, 2005 22:29

You know, Ems is a busy guy. You should just take a good degree of samples and run them by me. That way, only the "A" material will make it to the busy, busy webmaster. ... Yeah.

* is going to hell Dead *

It's just like the real thing, only cuddly.
  - Myth Busters
Battalon127

Member #25

Aug 7, 2005 23:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Holy Moshing Nidhoggs, even I am working on an entry, and I am only capable of pumping out one sub-decent piece of artwork per year (the last being my Inferno Dreamer, which I am, sadly, somewhat proud of). Unless of course, the photo thing can be extended to include my procuring a photo or two of a girl/girls I know. Yeah, I know hot girls. (I live in a small town, they kind of have to know me)

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

[Editted by Battalon127 on Aug 8, 2005 21:56]
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 8, 2005 18:31

Darnit NO! I'll get the picture in the dress first! You'll see! and it will be on the front page for all to see!...
  After you gobbo...
  Edit: speaking about gobbo, I only found 3 sketches that you've done of your avatar, and the other references would be gobbo's sketches of you and going off the assumption that you look like your brother...
  Shame on you for making that difficult...wait...the END pic, that would be 4! *runs off to the little place called END* No its gone!

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?

[Editted by boyachi on Aug 15, 2005 1:02]
Camo

Member #5

Aug 21, 2005 2:32

MINTMAN, I MADE THESE JUST FOR YOU!!!!! http://pkmnaus.sphosting.com/archive/songs/index.html

Not nudies, and not as good as cake or pie, but its better than a kick in the teeth.... I think...

c**t me up scotty

[Editted by Camo on Aug 21, 2005 5:31]
msanis

Member #7

Aug 24, 2005 14:17

The perfect splash for your birth month I have been thinking of for a while. Obviously though, still no access to a scanner. Not only that, but I have no idea where to find that drawing of Minty to use as a reference for how he should look. I remember... I think... it had some sort of hat on... maybe a trench coat... ARGGGHHH!!! I can't remember!!! 'Twas so damn long ago that I last saw that drawing...

Anyway, while I have been drawing a few sketches of... other things that will be in the splash, I have no idea what Minty looks like. Not only that, but I still have no method of sending it in. I REALLY don't think I can do this solely with photoshop even if I really tried. Hmmm... any good artists want to hear the idea? I don't think I'll be able to do it, but it would most certainly get 1st place... so long as no nude shots are sent in... Dead

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.

[Editted by msanis on Aug 24, 2005 14:19]
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 24, 2005 15:33

On Aug 24, 2005 14:17, msanis said:

... so long as no nude shots are sent in... Dead

Don't jinx it Tongue

That isn't the reason I put up the picture thing Wavey Mouth It really developed from a joke, but it would more be used to prove that these members are actual females and not creepy teenage males.
  Besides, how many heavy-internet using ladies would I want nudes of anyway Boggle Gettin' a li'l queezy just talkin' about it.
  I can tell ya this: there is a reason they hide behind computers -- a good reason... that is very bad.

That piccy of me was in my Artwork and has since moved to devArt, but you should prolly use the Rex Ranarum as a basis of any mes made. This ain't just for you, Sanis, but for any who would wish to make a rendering of me. Not only would it be more fitting to the times, but it would also spare everyone from having to look at my ugo appearance.
msanis

Member #7

Aug 24, 2005 18:50

Actually, the way I planned on making it, all the girls would think you were "cute" (scary huh?). Sure, they'd be horribly depressed in the long term, but for the short term... you might get some more attention. Tongue

Blah... I REALLY want to make this. It fits the whole birthday theme perfectly. Dangit, I have a perfect mental image of how it'd look! If only I had a scanner!!! Hmmm... should I just say my idea? There's no way I can enter it anyway. Sweat Drop

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Feb 21, 2020 18:49 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019