Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 19:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Woah....

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
TheAnaconda

Member #15

Jul 28, 2005 17:05
Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

This place is still alive??? Boggle
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 28, 2005 17:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* sputters * Of course this place is still alive, foo'! We should be more surprised that you still are Tongue After all, you are the one that vanished for years, not us.

Moreover, there was an "I'm Back" sorta post just two down the list. I mean, granted that two oldbies have never come back at the same time before (and rarely ever at that), but it would only be courtesy to keep them together. Now we're gonna have two off-topic topics that originated from elderly sorts, and I think this one just drew "Talking Cake" from the random-deviant-topic grab-bag.
msanis

Member #7

Jul 28, 2005 18:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Surprisingly... yes. Yes it is. Somehow, we realized that we all still visit the forums, but were just too lazy to start our own topics. By starting a few, the place revived itself pretty well... I must say. Wierd seeing it living again, eh? Smile

*edit*
  Ohhh... you meant the site in general...

Yea, this place is alive. Somehow I managed to visit this site all these years. Not sure how that happened... Shifty Eyes

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...

[Editted by msanis on Jul 28, 2005 18:01]
TheAnaconda

Member #15

Jul 28, 2005 18:37

lol sorry MM, but w/e

yah I vanished probably a little after a server move or something. whatever it was, it caused my RE League account to get all funky (I had battles and pokemon appear in my account that were part of other people's accounts, even a couple from Maelstrom Gym), and so I didnt want to really bother with it so left.

So I guess I should say what I've been up to. Been programming, doing C/C++ and DirectX and stuff (game programming), and web stuff too with PHP/MySQL. Was working at a computer manufacturer on the tech support line for 19 months, quit that job a few months ago.

[Editted by TheAnaconda on Jul 28, 2005 18:38]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 28, 2005 19:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You can't really blame TheA for being shocked, I mean, most sites vanish within a year let alone a community. It's either boom or bust, by most cases, and normally even the booms explode passed themselves.

Luckily, RE isn't most sites. It continues to grow with games which, themselves, evolve to be better while maintaining a community that is ... well, uncared for and small, which, while crapful at times, means less whiny n00bs.

It's like Cheers. Everybody here knows your name! ... Unless you are one of the returning been-gone-for-a-year-if-not-more people meeting a came-within-the-time-you-left-for-said-year person...

It's just like the real thing, only cuddly.
  - Myth Busters
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 28, 2005 19:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Mmmm, talking cake... *salivates* although, one of my favorite things about cake is I can eat it guilt-free (being incapable of gaining weight no matter how little physical activity I engage in). The last thing I want is my cake yelling at me while I'm eating it. But wait, a cake that talks obviously has magical powers that I can only assume would make it taste amazing. * hastily eats the talkingCake * hmm...... *hark

It's good. Now what was I saying? Oh, yeah, I think it would take an event of catastrophic proportions (like the alien robots living among us simultaneously taking over every government in the world and enslaving all of humanity) to wipe out this site for good. At least as long as there are people like me whose entire life revolves around this site (not really)

Self-esteem is for pussies. ~MintMan
Sword
msanis

Member #7

Jul 28, 2005 19:52
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 28, 2005 18:37, TheAnaconda said:

So I guess I should say what I've been up to. Been programming, doing C/C++ and DirectX and stuff (game programming), and web stuff too with PHP/MySQL. Was working at a computer manufacturer on the tech support line for 19 months, quit that job a few months ago.
  [Editted by TheAnaconda on Jul 28, 2005 18:38]

Another programmer, nonetheless a GAME programmer, eh? Hehe... it sounds like you've been up to SOME of the crazy things I've been up to. C++ is awesome, I've been trying to make some semblance of a game for a while now. I FINALLY got a team together, but we can't do much of anything for a while. Our Senior Project (I have an equivalent of an NDA on that...) is going to take up alot of our time. In fact, I've been working on it a bit even over this summer. My time is always taken away from me... D'oh

Well anyway, are you LEARNING, or actually USING DirectX? I've been trying out OpenGL a bit lately, it seems alot of people recommend it. Unfortunately, I can't even make any code on my computer... as my computer can't even handle the programs... (so... sad... Frown ).

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.

[Editted by msanis on Jul 28, 2005 19:52]
TheAnaconda

Member #15

Jul 28, 2005 20:30

On Jul 28, 2005 19:52, msanis said:

Well anyway, are you LEARNING, or actually USING DirectX? I've been trying out OpenGL a bit lately, it seems alot of people recommend it. Unfortunately, I can't even make any code on my computer... as my computer can't even handle the programs... (so... sad...

A little bit of both, actually. Using other aspects of DirectX, learning Direct3D.

Tho right now I'm trying to get this stupid project to compile (blasted "unresolved externals" my butt )

[Editted by TheAnaconda on Jul 28, 2005 20:31]

[Editted by TheAnaconda on Jul 28, 2005 20:32]
Shinyumo

Member #236

Jul 28, 2005 22:56
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hello.

You know, I wouldn't have noticed how dead this place was if you hadn't mentioned it... Tongue Ah well, I'm the fourth newest member here, huzzah! Big Smile

Ah well...I know nothing about computers, so away from this topic I go...

[Editted by Shinyumo on Jul 28, 2005 22:57]
TheAnaconda

Member #15

Jul 29, 2005 10:03

well what I mean by dead is I thought the place shut down. there was a while (sometime in 2003 after I graduated I think) where I tried and tried coming to the site, but never was able to get through. since it was continuing to do it for me, I assumed that it had discontinued and put it out of my mind.

MintMan

Member #1

Jul 29, 2005 17:41

Oh man, unresolved externals are hilarious. Nary of project of mine has been without those buggers. Isn't it strange that no matter how often you encounter them, you can never remember how you got past them last time?

The trick of it is that the externals are actually there and very foxy ladies; your compiler is just gay. You never see this sorta junk happenin' with GCC, do ya? But unfortunately... we need Win32 to live Frown so just jiggle the handle and try, try again.

"This is America, Jude. We cheat up -- not down." - Max Weinberg
msanis

Member #7

Jul 29, 2005 18:53

Ughhh!!! I HATE unresolved externals! You have NO idea how many projects just exploded in my face due to that little problem. Heh... on multiple accounts, it has been pretty much equivalent to the bane of my existance. You're right though, pretty much every time I get one, it is always due to some stupid little thing I had never even thought would originally be a problem.

I get them on my computer alot simply because my computer can't handle alot of the things I make. Sounds wierd right? Due to that, I can't really do much during the summer... D'oh

Why do I do this to myself?!?!
TheAnaconda

Member #15

Jul 29, 2005 19:09

On Jul 29, 2005 18:53, msanis said:

Ughhh!!! I HATE unresolved externals! You have NO idea how many projects just exploded in my face due to that little problem. Heh... on multiple accounts, it has been pretty much equivalent to the bane of my existance. You're right though, pretty much every time I get one, it is always due to some stupid little thing I had never even thought would originally be a problem.

I get them on my computer alot simply because my computer can't handle alot of the things I make. Sounds wierd right? Due to that, I can't really do much during the summer... D'oh

Why do I do this to myself?!?!

hah get this. it's a function in a libary I'm using in a program, and I went to the forum of the site that made the library.

others are having the same problem. but only with the same compiler. Microsoft Visual C++ Express Beta 2. Everyone else (with any other version of VS) can compile it fine D'oh

I tried rebuilding the library but I'm missing a Microsoft DirectX SDK header so cant do that either Frown

[Editted by TheAnaconda on Jul 29, 2005 19:10]
Camo

Member #5

Jul 30, 2005 24:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Thats one big Anaconda.

c**t me up scotty
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 30, 2005 21:14
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 30, 2005 24:42, Camo said:

Thats one big Anaconda.

c**t me up scotty

Whaaa? I always thought Camo was from Australia, not some planet that has more than twenty-four hours in a day. And from the future too!

[Edit]
  Unless of course 24:xx is used instead of 0:xx to denote the hour between midnight and 1 am... Just thought of that.

It's only a matter of time before the mosquitoes get smart enough to form a swarm in the shape of a hand and unzip the tent flap to suck us dry. ~Me and a couple of friends during a mosquito-infested canoeing trip

[Editted by Battalon127 on Jul 30, 2005 21:16]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 30, 2005 21:18

Face it, Batt, you can't follow up a Camoism with a joke. It just pales in comparison. I mean, its like following a lobster dinner with some Mickie D's. Just doesn't work.

... at least, I pray you were joking Embarrassed Tongue

"You look good for someone who was hit by a car."
  "Thus being the only time ever that it can said that I 'look good'."
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 31, 2005 24:20

Hm...a rift in space-time centered around Camo!...right.

Also, welcome back, TheAnacanda, though I haven't met you before.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
Blade

Member #99

Jul 31, 2005 4:06

Batt's post reminded me... the 11-12 theory....muahahahha-ha...
  the clock ticks over to 12:00....daylight savings time strikes!...it is once again 11:00....then we hit 12... Evil Grin ....since it is now 11:05....i dont have to go to school....which means...that the whole of society is on the collapse....

...whew... some s*** just isn't meant to be thought about..... Upside Down Smile
  EDIT:Don't you just love off topic-ness Boggle

Runescape 2
  Account: Blade455
  Combat: 67
  Attack: 51
  Strength: 61
  Defence: 50
  Magic: 48
  Prayer: 37

[Editted by Blade on Jul 31, 2005 4:08]
wyvernofab

Member #162

Aug 2, 2005 23:44
Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

back tothe actual topic:

HOOHA for RE's cockroach-loke endurance!
Blade

Member #99

Aug 3, 2005 6:47

Hahee nuke it and once again... cockroach-loke t'will survive!

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Conker: Well, here I am! Conker the King... king of all the land! Who'd a thought that? But how did I come to this, you say? And who are those strange fellows that surround my throne? That you also say! Well. It's a long story. Come closer and I'll tell you. It all started... yesterday. And what a day that was! It's what I call... a bad fur day!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 18, 2024 19:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022