Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 9:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Your Choice

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 30, 2005 13:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 30, 2005 1:08, LieutenantEagle said:

I guess trying to make a Fire Emblem movie would be interesting, but filmmakers would botch that, of course.

Another series that has potential is Golden Sun, but like LE said, filmmakers would more than likely botch it, as they so often do. What the industry needs is some sort of collaboration between the makers of the game and the producers/director of the movie. And the original writers of the game. That's why FF:AC has potential- it's true to the original storyline instead of loosely based on a popular title.

It's only a matter of time before the mosquitoes get smart enough to form a swarm in the shape of a hand and unzip the tent flap to suck us dry. ~Me and a couple of friends during a canoeing trip in Northern Minnesota after retreating to our tent at 9:30 to escape the hoards of mosquitoes
Michael

Member #224

Jul 30, 2005 22:46
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Really a movie based on a game has potential no matter what game it is based on unless of course the game has no storyline. One of these movies could be very good (Mortal Kombat) or very bad. Some people here will say that SMB was one, i quite liked the movie but I can see how die-hard fans were very disappointed. Take Final Fantasy: Spirits Within for example. Final Fantasy fans went in to watch it expecting a full on final fantasy experience and were disappointed. It wasn't a bad movie but people were disappointed (Not only from the lack of chocobos either).

On the topic of the Final Fantasy games. FFVII did not have classes. The characters in it had slightly different stats and different weapons. That was it. Tifa does not qualify as a monk simply because she punches things. Also, msanis, I REALLY hope that SE didn't mean square enix because they only joined in the last couple of years (about the time Final Fantasy started it's downward slope)and had nothing to do with FF7. Also, I do believe that Cid was mentioned in FF1. He created the airship but you never see him. However, I've only played the Dawn of Souls version of it, the original was a bit before my time.

I, personally, would like to see a Starcraft movie.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 31, 2005 24:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

FF, downward slope? I would say otherwise for Crystal Chronicles, though Tactics Advance maybe was not as great as Tactics...wait, am I on topic here?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

msanis

Member #7

Jul 31, 2005 9:19
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It is the BASIC idea that she supposedly uses her fists in a battle that makes her a monk in terms of "class". Though she obviously doesn't LOOK much like one. Now these characters didn't have any restrictions due to being in a certain class, but SQUARE (Good lord, make one mistake and everyone has to jump on it) obviously intended for there to be differences between these characters. Since characters of a differing class typically (meaning not always) use different weapons, does it not make sense that classes in some vague manner were included in the game? Also, looking at the growth of the characters, there are also stat differences... which pretty much points in the direction of a differing class. I agree that it isn't strongly present, but I do believe classes in some form are present in FF7.

No purpose, No goals, and quite pointless.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 31, 2005 10:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, different characters were included, not differing classes. In a game, characters can be different from one another without having a class.

Sure, you can draw similarities between characters and classes, but seeing as how everyone is completely customizable, that really slams the whole class idea. I mean, by that logic, any game that doesn't have classes in it would have classes by virtue of the fact that characters differ from one another. What kind of sense would that make?

Classes also are restricted to categories of weapons and magic (in many cases -- none). Few characters can even equip more than one type of weapon (Yuffie and Barrett have ranged and close-combat choices; everyone else is just long, pointy thing; sword; staff; etc.), and there is absolutely no cross-character weaponing. And every character can equip every armor! Highly unclassly...

But the biggest indication that there is no class is... the lack of the word "class" appearing anywhere, which is sorta necessary for one to exist. Job, profession, guild, what-this-guy-does -- don't matter what you call it, ya need something.
  They had 'em in the older games, even when there was no changing, for little more than flavor, really.

On another note, Cid was added into the FFI remake. Well, his mention was. Originally, no Cid was ever spoken of. That's what you get for trusting new translations instead of the old, often typoed and poorly translated ones... which quite honestly, makes them better Lick
TheAnaconda

Member #15

Jul 31, 2005 22:20
Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 31, 2005 10:57, MintMan said:
  On another note, Cid was added into the FFI remake. Well, his mention was. Originally, no Cid was ever spoken of. That's what you get for trusting new translations instead of the old, often typoed and poorly translated ones... which quite honestly, makes them better Lick

You Spoony Bard!!
Spidermew

Member #89

Aug 1, 2005 15:15
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well if you will think outside of the box for a moment you can see, that in FF7 everyone refelects a sort of class. Sure the word class never shows up, but by the diffrent skills in weaponry and how their stats are diffrent. Sure everone can use magic, and the same armor but thats because the armor is freakin wrist bands...and all magic comes in an orb. So in a sence everone is a cross class with a wizard, and everone has their own specal powers that no one else has (class abilites). Just cuz the world Class isnt there dosnt mean that the creators werent thinking of the hero's in a class system.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comSpiderMew, The Super Hero PoKeMon
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Aug 1, 2005 17:38

Yeah...they were just thinking of refelecting them Upside Down Smile

...Anyhow, what does FFVII have to do with game-based movies?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

Michael

Member #224

Aug 2, 2005 4:56
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good Question. I was only replying to things that had been said earlier which probably started from discussions of Advent Children. Sorry msanis, I didn't mean to attack you or anything. I just think that Square merging with enix unleashed a great evil on the world which has slowly brought down the Final Fantasy series and is responsible for "where the series has been going for the past couple of years."

Since sqaure-enix was spawned, a number of Final Fantasy games have been produced. In my opinion, Tactics advance was changing a winning forula, Crystal Chronicles was a waste of time, X-2 was just bad and XI makes watching paint dry look fun. The only good thing that they did was re-release an old game. When you compare Tactics advance to Tactics and X-2 to VII you can see downward slope that the Final Fantasy series is on.

[Editted by Michael on Aug 2, 2005 5:00]
msanis

Member #7

Aug 2, 2005 10:58
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Aug 1, 2005 15:15, Spidermew said:

Well if you will think outside of the box for a moment you can see, that in FF7 everyone refelects a sort of class. Sure the word class never shows up, but by the diffrent skills in weaponry and how their stats are diffrent. Sure everone can use magic, and the same armor but thats because the armor is freakin wrist bands...and all magic comes in an orb. So in a sence everone is a cross class with a wizard, and everone has their own specal powers that no one else has (class abilites). Just cuz the world Class isnt there dosnt mean that the creators werent thinking of the hero's in a class system.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comSpiderMew, The Super Hero PoKeMon

That is almost exactly what I meant... sort of. Regardless, good to see someone seeing what I meant.

Anyway...

I didn't take the correction so much as an attack, as rather... an annoying nuisance. Heh... people STILL today call SE "Square" (personally, I would've liked it that way). I often mistake the two on occasion, actually. I do actually believe the series BEGAN going downhill (slightly) a little bit before Enix joined. Once it did though, the series went spiraling downhill, much like a lubed up fat guy falling down Mount Everest. It is a saddening experience. It seems SE is following that... crappy path... with FF12. Yet another bad FF, it seems.

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
boyachi

Member #92

Aug 4, 2005 21:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If Square ever recovers from losing Nobuo Umetatsu, I'd be surprised.
  Has no one heard of the Halo movie coming out? Hello?
  And what about Tron, was that not a good game?
  As for Cid, I think he made the airship that you get in the first one, and I think he shows up somewhere else.
  End game FFVII just relied completely on Limitbreaks, much as it happens to in FFX, if anyone else has played it as long as I have.
  What about the pacman christmas special? Or the mario cartoons? those rocked! Go 80s early 90s cartoons.
  As for kirby sucking, he is supposed to! hur hur. Occasionally there is a quite good message in those...occasionally. BUT HE IS SOOOOOOOO KEWT! hugs Kirby

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 19, 2024 9:18 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022