Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 20, 2024 4:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Back again, for the second time!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 19, 2005 7:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Actually, the president thing makes sense. It's sort of a fail safe to prevent foreign powers from taking control of the country.

And it's a lot more than being born in the States. You also have to have lived a long period of years in the country (which I believe is the majority of the minimum age requirement) and you still need a large portion of that to be the most recent years.

Again, this was made at the country's founding, and the revolutionists didn't want some English men to hop the pond, take things over, and ruin it for them.

Wee, history/social studies lessons at RE! What's a more interesting history study? How crazy ol' Crazy Mai was! So crazy!

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
Sword
Spidermew

Member #89

Jul 19, 2005 13:00
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Also you need to be of at least a 3rd grade educaton before you can qualify for presedent.

Back in the day that was a hard task to acomplish.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comSpiderMew, The Super Hero PoKeMon
Ash10

Member #3

Jul 19, 2005 13:26
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

And we still have President's that had a hard time passing the 3rd grade.

Welcome to America, enjoy your stay. Don't ride your bike into a polic officer while you are here. Please.

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 19, 2005 13:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Y'know, there have been talks of removing that must-be-born-in-U.S. rule, which I'm against because then Schwarzenegger would be running for President. I've lived in California under his rule and, believe me, very few people are happy about what he is doing.

At any rate, I believe that before elections for mayor, governor, and president, all candidates should be given a test on SimCity...if not building a new city, then at least how well a city approximation of the governed area could be handled by the candidate. Of course, this is by far not equivalent to the tasks and pressures of running a country, of course...however, I am sure that, had Bush been trying that out, he'd probably go from +40,000 Simoleons to -50,000 Simoleons in a Sim-decade Smile

Also, a candidate's school grades and SAT score(s) need to be made public. Then again, the education system is not well-respected in the United States, unfortunately, so that would have minimal impact.

So, um, back on the original topic of this conversation...have you figured out FtRPG yet, Spidermew?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Spidermew

Member #89

Jul 20, 2005 24:33

umm.... no im not sure how that thingy works...
  sence i missed out when it was added... care to pass an info link up to me?

Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 20, 2005 16:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm...the Help link at the top conveniently explains everything. But if you insist:

A link to an info page!

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

Spidermew

Member #89

Jul 21, 2005 15:55

ok.. to experement then....

* plants a virtual monkey tree *

Sword
msanis

Member #7

Jul 21, 2005 17:07
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sorry, just had to get my own personal monkey (well... I tried anyway, but still failed miserably... so... sad...). To be honest, I don't really use the "RPG" aspects of the forum all that often. No idea why... it just never really grew on me. Hooray, monkeys for ALL!!! Bwahahahaha!!! Yea...

Anyway... hmmm... these forums are still pretty much dead... the exception being this one post. We obviously have people still around...

Why don't we do the usual geeky thing? Make a thread about video games... or anime... or manga... or SOMETHING!!! I dunno. Anyway... I kinda have a taboo against starting new topics (unless really necessary), thus... anyone else mind doing it. Tongue

Why do I do this to myself?!?!

[Editted by msanis on Jul 21, 2005 17:14]
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 21, 2005 18:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hat-hat, you silly monkey! You cannot pick from a tree right after it is planted! Two posts to bear fruit! If this thing were around sooner, everybody would have been able to have their own personal moneky by now Crying

Wow, 'bout time someone planted a tree. I was wondering when this post would get one. It has been the only one to climb past ten replies in the longest time...

Congratulations, Spidermew! I think you are the first person that I've ever seen who didn't do something stupid when first using an FtRPG command. Now, and entire world of pointlessness is open to you! * gives Spidermew a GetOffMyLawnBomb *

Y'know, MSanis, I've noticed that taboo of topic-starting spread throughout everyone in these forums. I mean, it gets really bad at time, 'specially with the whole... wait, didn't I already talk about making a new topic inside of an already existing one already?... hey, I did! On the second page! And still nobody has told me where babies come from!
Sword
Spidermew

Member #89

Jul 21, 2005 19:24

Thanks for the bomb
  * throws a GetOffMyLawnBomb at msanis *
  oohhh look at the explosiveness

so umm.... to get back on off topic.... umm.... anyone get to go to anime expo or comic con..?
  i couldnt go due to lack of money and head injury

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 21, 2005 22:10

Lack of money -- understandable, but why would a head injury prevent you from going? I'd think that would make a Con even more fun, 'specially since you'd forget about all of the middle-aged men in Sailor Scout outfits. * shudders *

Being from the mid-west -- the US Capitol of Cons -- I try when I can. Typically, bad weather or some other suckage goes for the block.

Cons are the best. Lots of nerds. Lots of obscure celebrity guests. Lots of underaged chicks in cosplay Shifty Eyes Just kidding... here in Ohio, sixteen is the age of consent Wink Rock on!

Actually, sixteen is of age in most of this country and world, but people never acknowledge it as such... 'cause they're stupid.
msanis

Member #7

Jul 22, 2005 7:35
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

:catch
  :pick

...I wonder if THOSE commands worked... probably not. Bleh...

So you go to anime conventions? I probably wouldn't mind, but the cosplay guys kinda freak me out. I do happen to watch alot of anime though, probably even more so over the past year. Some friends of mine have shown me an anime called "Naruto" (apparently still in Japan). While it looks pretty nice, I have a bad feeling about its liscensing. When it comes to America it will likely be maimed... just like every other anime released around here. They'll probably all have voice acting from the pokemon and digimon shows... and probably just throw the original script in a damn flaming trash can... and replace it with crap.

Its so sad seeing something good go so... so horribly wrong... Frown

No purpose, No goals, and quite pointless.

[Editted by msanis on Jul 22, 2005 7:35]

[Editted by msanis on Jul 22, 2005 7:36]
Spidermew

Member #89

Jul 22, 2005 12:04

well if you see it coming to kids wb then you have to worry...
  cuz they will blur out the blood and most of the weapons and junk..
  There is only one anime i choose to watch in english (Giant Robo The Animation, its great 7 epp eveone should check it out)
  and thats only because for once the english script was better then the japanese (the creator thought so also) otherwise japanese with english subtitles is almost always the best.....

yeah ive seen pictures i was forced to see of male cosplayers... one was Cami from street fighter,,,,, yuck....
  THERE WAS A BULGE!!! A BULGE!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 22, 2005 17:53

Where the crap are you people finding the link to the old forum help page at? That hasn't been used in over a year! I mean, the link on every page that says "Help" leads to the right place, and that's what you should be using... 'cause it's obvious.

Anime-cons? Nah. Anime fanboys are the lowest form of nerd next to the new-wave video-gamer.

I mean, they act like just because it came from Japan, it must be good. No. Japan makes cool stuff, yes, but for every Cowboy Bebop or Slayers you have, there are eighty Ukulele girl bands and cats with time machines for head. Just like American entertainment, 99% of it is crap.
  Anime originally made it over here because it had good sci-fi value. It's okay that anime doesn't have to be necessarily sci-fi anymore, but the good part should have stayed Slanted Mouth

I just go to cons. Con-cons. If it is about any one thing in particular, it prolly won't be that good. They gotta have it all: anime, sci-fi, horror, comics, gaming -- anything nerds will like. I mean, even if they have direction, they will end up being a grab-bag of events (save the guest list).

I used to be a hard-core sub-monger, but in recent years (ie since anime became popular), not only are the dub-jobs getting better, but the voice actors are as well.
  Typically, you can always make the decision of which (thank you, DVD!) by that one character. You know the one. Every anime has it. Either in America or Japan, it will have an incredibly cute voice, but in the opposite country, its voice is a grating, annoying scream that no one wants to listen to.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 22, 2005 18:11

* picks a virtual monkey since they roxxor *

Or, in the case that is not Megumi Hayashibara vs Lina Oritz, you have your "Wanna tastes?", "I never paid attention!", or "Watchout, broken glass!"

Um, yeah, tho', I would say stuff, but Ems pretty much covered it already. Cons are fun, granted, but those Anime psychos, and that's what they are, make me think, "Wow, I'm pretty damn cool."

And don't think the saying of "people think its cool just 'cuz it's anime is bogus. I mean, some of these live, breath, eat, and sleep Japanese pop culture, more so than people in Japan! Seriously. I still like to think when my brothers thought I was obsessed with it. I mean, it's not even a percent of how the most casual person is.

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 22, 2005 18:41

...I don't even follow anime, unfortunately. Actually, I've never seen actual anime, come to think of it. Nintendo games, chess, and numismatics are my fields of interest, and those are hard enough to follow as is. Ah well.
  * picks a virtual monkey for very cheap workforce *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 23, 2005 13:24

I'm glad you said that LE. I was beginning to feel like a bit of a loser for not being a fan of anime (or having seen any, not counting Yu-gi-oh or Digimon, the latter of which I was actually a fan of in my younger days). Wow, this is probably one of the only times I'd feel like a loser for not watching anime.
  * picks a virtual monkey *

"Someone asked me if I wanted a frozen banana and I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so yes." ~Mitch Hedberg
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 23, 2005 16:32

On Jul 23, 2005 13:24, Battalon127 said:

I was beginning to feel like a bit of a loser for not being a fan of anime

The hell? That is the most messed up thing ever. Did you not pay attention to what Ems and I said? Anime fans are losers. Hardcore losers. I'm less of a loser than they are! They make me seem cool. That's bad!

They are the drudges of society and nerd-dom, making a mockery of it favoring what is popular. That's not nerd, that's not nerd at all. Nerds like things because they are interested in it, not because others are. Bah, I say unto them, bah and feh and kicks to the gut. Now, where's my sherbert?

"The anus isn't meant to leak! That's why it's tight!"
  - Craig Ferguson, I Love The 90s
msanis

Member #7

Jul 23, 2005 16:55

On Jul 23, 2005 13:24, Battalon127 said:

Wow, this is probably one of the only times I'd feel like a loser for not watching anime.

You'd be surprised, actually. While fanatics (particularly, cosplayers) wierd people out nowadays, anime is REALLY getting a following in America. Just about everyone I know, including my older sister watches anime. Of course, the people who actually DO watch anime, do NOT typically watch anime dubbed in America... or at least, they're not introduced to a series in that manner. Rather, people are actually buying DVDs and even copies from Japan so as to avoid the horrid voice acting in America. Now there ARE a few cases of decently-dubbed anime in America, but it truely is a rarity. Not only that, but anime is often dismembered; all GOOD music, plot, etc are removed. Kind of like what this webcomic represents. Scary stuff... I have fears for Naruto's release in September... Frown

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Ash10

Member #3

Jul 25, 2005 18:14
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I dont know what area/schools your guys go to, but almost no one I know, including me, watches animie.

And, if you ever feel like a loser for NOT watching animie, hit yourself many times. With a large bat. Or book. Or cake. Oh...cake... If all of that fails, get into a fight with a invisible bear. They're deadly.

Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 20, 2024 4:00 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022