Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Feb 21, 2020 18:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Back again, for the second time!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Battalon127

Member #25

Jul 16, 2005 12:21
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*SHOCK* A female n00b at RE!? A female at RE!? Bush is actually a mildly intelligent Chimpanzee!? * uses Focus to clear head * Ahhh, FtRPG, may it live on in pointlessness for all eternity. Oh, and welcome back SpiderMew (I actually remember you, in name only). Perhaps this lack of n00b-swarming would account, at least in part, for the lifelessness of the Elder's forum as it gives us no one to rant about and no need to retreat to a place of sanity, (or at least a different brand of insanity).
  oh, and I'm 17, unfortunately.

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

[Editted by Battalon127 on Jul 16, 2005 12:22]
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 16, 2005 14:44
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Techically, I do not believe "n00bs" can be female. A newbie can be female, but the term "n00b" has a meaning of its own. While a newbie just means you are a new arrival to a place/thing/waffle stand, a "n00b" is that jerk who acts like an immature, adolescent male. Why, we have (or had, I'm not sure of their presence) a n00b not too long ago, but, in truth, he had been at the site for years and was actually older than Ems and I (I do believe). However, we never could tell this due to his childish actions. Anyhoo, I don't think I've ever met a n00b who was a lady-type. I've met a few who were jerks, but they still didn't qualify as n00bs.

Additionally, no one really has to tell their age, as, in the forum master account page (or the FtRPG profile), members have their given birth dates listed. Of course, if it happenes to be Jan 1st of 1980, they most likely just didn't change the default age.

"You look good for someone who was hit by a car."
  "Thus being the only time ever that it can said that I 'look good'."
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 16, 2005 16:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well obviously N00bness has nothing to do with age. *has an inner moment thinking back to the dawn of FtRPG*
  Where is Rook, the king of the n00b? He should be in this topic.
  I do actually believe that Spidermew was before my time here but I discovered you due to looking up stuff about Mai, back in the summer days when I didn't have a job or marching band or really anything better to do. Not that reading the chronicles of the forum you are in is a bad idea, quite the contrary...there is just much chronicled here.
  Quite a double shock to find Zedd 15 and a 25 femme eluding me on this site.
  I'm thinking that the reason there has been little postage in the elder's forums has been due to the dry spell of posts as well as the user density. Also it seems the n00b uprising has been quashed, being little to complain about.
  I mean, at least I haven't recalled a harry potter topic here, but the lack of videogame topics is rather alarming. *goes on blithering about rpgs*

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
msanis

Member #7

Jul 16, 2005 18:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

We DID have a video game topic, of immense proportions, quite some time ago. However, it also died, quite some time ago. Meh... we COULD always try to start another. I DO visit these forums on occasion, though rarely have I seen a post I'm particularly interested in replying to. A video game post is obviously a pretty good choice, as I'm sure all here at some point or another HAVE had experience playing a video game. Of course... we DID cover alot in that previous post. If we DID start another similar post, half of it would probably be a repeat of the previous video game thread.

...and yes... Rpgs are good... nice indeed.

Erm... hey wait! We're WAY off topic here! *sigh...* just like the good 'ole days. Tongue

...Sanity is a figment of your imagination.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 16, 2005 19:57

But this is the good kind of off-topic. It is a gradual progression into the depths of madness, a sudden "Hey, I'm too lazy to make a new topic for this, so where do babies come from?" Although that topic did answer a lot of my questions Shifty Eyes

I don't think "Most hours" qualifies as a video game topic. The first page was about them, sure, but the remaining fifteen were mostly people saying "Wow, look how long and off topic this post is getting!"

And why is everybody so surprised by Fightertype being a lady type? We do get them around here; we just happen to scare them off. Er, I mean, you guys scare them off. Yeah, I'm not a repulsive freak of nature.
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 16, 2005 20:22
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Eh? Did you think I was older or younger, Boyachi?

In any case, I thought there was another video game post lying around somewhere? I distincly remember reading one. Of course, could just be my weird mind goofing off again...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
draggy1234

Member #97

Jul 16, 2005 20:23
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Personally, I thought that a name like fightertype would imply a male user. Slanted Mouth

Yeah, that's an unfortunate gender stereotype at work here...

Oh, and welcome back, Spidermew. Smile

[Editted by draggy1234 on Jul 16, 2005 20:24]
fightertype

Member #227

Jul 16, 2005 21:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

*shrug* I'm pretty progressive.

There's a LOOOOONG story behind the name of 'fightertype', which I shall not bore you with. It has to do with a Dungeons and dragons game I was in (yep, I'm a female role playing gamer too...although they're not as rare an animal as they used to be.)

And, I should like to point out Gobby, that in your previous post you did specify newbie, not N00b as the stereotype. I sincerely hope I'm a newbie and not a N00b... Boggle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 16, 2005 22:34

On Jul 16, 2005 14:44, MadGoblin said:

I do not believe "n00bs" can be female.

Thar be some good summation.

Play D&D? I should be surprised, but with all of the other combined facts in conjunction with being at this site for over a month, it really just makes sense.

I still think of Zedd as being older. Like, a lot older. I'm talkin' wisened sage in a dark smoky room light by a single, central flame with a monkey on his shoulder. A sage monkey! You know the kind. They like dates. Tee-hee! Date eating, smoky room, sage monkeys!

* To correct vision, gives Zedd a DateEatingSmokyRoomSageMonkey *

Now that's how you go off topic! * does the Off Topic Dance, which is really just the Charleston out of sloth... *

"He consumed books like some of us consume twinkies."
  - Words on Pope John Paul II, 1920 - 2005
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 17, 2005 24:28

Well, you really cannot hold Zedd's actions to his age. We always expect youngin's to be morons, but those are only American youths. Our children are f***ed up, yo. It will pain me to see what the country will look like when all these freaks grow up and take over the place.

Back on topic... ish, Zedd is, what, an Aussie or something? I know he keeps way different time than most of us.

... huh, I wonder if it is a bad thing that America's youth is slipping behind that of an island that used to be a giant prison?

Oh nos! More off topic! Quickly now... get that topic! * throws a Topic at Spidermew *
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 17, 2005 24:44
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, Zedd is, in fact, an Aussie. I was interested to see when someone was going to guess that...

So I do keep fairly different time. Like midnight EST is three in the afternoon for moi.

Hey, neat, dates!

* eats the date with some degree of delicacy, after stealing it from his monkey. *
  (like wiping his mouth after ripping through the poor fruit)

There it goes!
  * chases the Topic *

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi

[Editted by Zedd on Jul 17, 2005 24:58]
Sword
Blade

Member #99

Jul 17, 2005 5:52

Welcome back spidermew.
  I think you were a little before my time...though one can't be too sure.

Oh yeah, I'm an aussie too! Big Smile

* class changes to Mentalist *

Sadame
boyachi

Member #92

Jul 17, 2005 12:14

I love cultural diversity, and university and triversity at that.
  Zedd from the same place as Camo...but then again I'm from the same country as MM...I'M SO SORRY!
  *runs away crying feeling guilty not because of lowering the american standard but actually because of actually inhaling too much monkey smoke*

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Sword
Spidermew

Member #89

Jul 17, 2005 12:39
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Jul 16, 2005 21:09, fightertype said:

*shrug* I'm pretty progressive.

There's a LOOOOONG story behind the name of 'fightertype', which I shall not bore you with. It has to do with a Dungeons and dragons game I was in (yep, I'm a female role playing gamer too...although they're not as rare an animal as they used to be.)

Wow! I think im in love *Insert cheesey cartoon heart beeting out of chest here*
  Oh no... wheres my pills, my condishion
  *passes out*

really thats cool, i havnt met any gamer girls, well were can you find them in so cal with no comic book store arround

thanks for the more welcomeing backs from people...

oh and *insert random off topic question here*

Image hosted by Photobucket.comSpiderMew, The Super Hero PoKeMon
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jul 17, 2005 19:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think it is time that Spidermew at last realizes the true might...and pointlessness...of FtRPG.

By the way, there's a not-so-long story about the name LieutenantEagle. When I was a child, I had the nickname "Eagle" - why, good question, but the best hypothesis I have come up with to date is that my elementary school was the [name undisclosed] Eagles. Anyhow, there was (and is) a game on Bonus.com called Battlefield, where you control a tank and go up in ranks from recruit to general. The highest rank I ever reached was lieutenant, and the nickname remained...forever.

And I agree, American youth is being corrupted horribly. Then again, some of you will argue with me saying that, using the argument that I'm not really American, because I immigrated here when I was four from a republic of the fmr. Soviet Union. So what?...the only true Americans would then be Native Americans. Smile

...Oh, no, I just rambled off-topic. *runs*

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jul 17, 2005 22:30

I never really got that whole "born here" crap. I mean, someone's parents could be from another country, be in another land for only a few days to give birth to them, go back to their own country, raise the spawning for 20 years, go back to the other place where they were born, and they would be considered more belong to that place than someone who lived all but the first year or two of there life in a place. Go, idiot logic!

Spidew: Always good to see a random Simpson's deal good, whether intentional or not.

Lwty: Wasn't that already covered in the "Nickname" topic, which I'm 5% certain actually existed outside of my faulty mind.

Imaginary Person: Stop telling me to kill people. My basement is not only running out of room, but it's stinking something awful.

"He consumed books like some of us consume twinkies."
  - Words on Pope John Paul II, 1920 - 2005
Ash10

Member #3

Jul 17, 2005 23:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Way too much to read, and my eyes hurt.

But, I like imaginary people. They do cool things.

Camo

Member #5

Jul 18, 2005 2:30
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'd just like to inform everyone, that today I am wearing pants.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Jul 18, 2005 4:14

Yeah, I think something that you remember did actually happen outside your mind, Gobbo. I remember reading about LE's name already... But then, It could just be the monkey smoke...

* watches as smoke wafts up to the ceiling *

And I agree with the 'born' statements, I mean, I know people who were born well overseas who are now persecuted because they were not born here, by people younger than them, who have in fact lived here a shoter time than they have.

Hang on, that damn imaginary guy talks to you too? I'm running out of nooks and crannies to push bodies into myself...

* uses ShiningSteel on Camo with a DateEatingSmokyRoomSageMonkey because the imaginary guy told me to *

- Zedd i Randir, The Stranger

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

[Editted by Zedd on Jul 18, 2005 6:50]
Sword
Ishamael

Member #142

Jul 19, 2005 1:36

What I don't get is why you have to be American born to become president. It just doesn't make sense...especially when it results in people leading what is presently the most powerful nation in the world, who has the grammatical intelligence enough to say things like "There is no inferior children in this country"

There is no such thing as "a children" - It is either "A child" or "A group of children"

If anyone's wondering, I'm Canadian...I live in an igloo. Tongue

A 2 story igloo that has several thousand square feet of floor space. Upside Down Smile

A lot of our Prime Ministers are about as bad as Bush, but that's usually because they're from Quebec, so they at least speak one language well, while Bush has been known to say "Not in English, French, or Mexican"

But anyways...on topic again - welcome back Spidermew (whose name I've only seen while looking up some background on Mai, same as boyachi. I can't remember how such ancient history got brought up...but somehow it did.

[Looking across the Arkansas River...]
  TOUR GUIDE: "Usually, you might see some bass fishermen out there."
  DUBYA: "A submarine could take this place out."
  Well...that's a bit off topic... true, but a bit off topic...
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Feb 21, 2020 18:43 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2019