Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 10:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: The Pope....

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Rook

Member #112

Apr 16, 2005 14:44
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What a shame he's gone. That's a huge understatement. The biggest of all time. This post is to talk about the Pope and nothing else. It can be any Pope, past or present, as long as it's a Pope.

Pope John Paul II was the nicest person you may ever find. He fought against Communism and won. He helped Germany realize the Berlin Wall could only hurt them.

Even when sick, the Pope never quit. Once, when he was in a hospital, a young boy had wanted to see him. The Pope decided to speak to him, and the boy said "Make me and the other children better!" and the Pope gave his blessing.

These are just some of his accomplishments. Anyone like to add?

"If you are what you eat, then I'll be you by morning." --Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Apr 16, 2005 15:01
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It's so sad that he's not with us anymore. It didn't really hit me that he was gone until I saw my priest crying. He will always be remembered.

What amazes me most is the story about how he was shot in the stomach. I can't imagine anyone fully forgiving someone for trying to kill them, but that's what he did. It kinda makes you feel sick about holding silly grudges against people.
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 16, 2005 17:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yeah, there was already a topic for the Pontiff... and I removed it.
  I have nothing against John Paul; I love the guy! Not only am I Catholic, but he was simply great. I removed the topic to protect him. Lousy forum hippies -- just like the media -- spew double-edges at the poor guy like mad.

Has anyone else noticed that? I swear, in the day I watched the media coverage on his death, they slandered the Pope more than the few kind words they managed. It wasn't just the liberal media, either. You have to remember that Catholicism is wandering in a political limbo that scares and confuses most polarized Americans.

So how about not just respect for an important religious figure and advocate of peace, but just some respect for the dead this time, 'kay?
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 18, 2005 9:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dude, americans love to build people up and knock em down, or at the very least, knock down someone built up, just to kick him while he is down. Thats the main reason.
  I can't make pope jokes, because I'm not catholic...and i don't know any (jokes)...well maybe one, but its too stupid even for my standards.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 18, 2005 9:41
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wouldn't even have the nerve to say such jokes...unless they're not derogatory and/or insulting ones, of course.

Pope John Paul II was an intelligent man and deserves reverence regardless of what your religious beliefs are. I think I stated that before in a previous post, no?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

Kal

Member #127

Apr 19, 2005 18:27
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't like this new pontiff. At all.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 20, 2005 17:17

Is it possible to not like a pope? I mean, seriously, don't you get from-down-high cursing for that? Tongue

Seriously, tho', I don't mind. They picked a pope with some age on him, pretty much giving the Catholic kiss of death to the guy. I, personally, was hoping for a non-white pope ("white" in this definition including Italians despite them not actually being white since that's how the common eye has shifted). Not for the reason that I'm a moron hippy-liberal saying, "Its the new millineum, we should have a non-white [insert blank]!" No, the reason is rather due to Catholics not being racist like America and proving that religion is color blind. I mean, really, man, Latino pope would have rocked. I could have went around saying, "Woo! They got one o' us in the Vatican now, people! We're everywhere!"

Of course, that would only work if people could even tell that I was one-quarter mexican... which I can't even do... cough.

Anyhoo, old pope: cool. New pope: don't know anything about him, but I'd say cool, too.

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 22, 2005 24:52

POPE JOKE!
  The Pope walks into a bar. The bartender says, what'll ya have, Pope? But the Pope's grasp of English is tenuous at best, so he mumbles something in Latin. The bartender doesn't know any Latin. The Pope gets frustrated and leaves.
  See, that wasn't so bad, was it?
  My only problem is the fact that they elect old people, not that I don't like old people, but...they aren't going to last that long.
  Actually, I take it back. If the pope does die at a good interval, the interest in the church will remain at a steady increase, with all its attention, thus getting an older guy does actually work, but I'd say he'd have to last at least a few years.
  And no I am not advocating the death of old people. or of popes.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Camo

Member #5

Apr 30, 2005 7:10
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hahaha, remember how the smoke came out the wrong colour.... those high priests! When will they learn?

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer

Edit: I didn't Italic the "high"

[Editted by Camo on Apr 30, 2005 7:11]
Ryuujin

Member #11

May 11, 2005 20:58

I was half expecting blue and red smoke to come out. I mean I'm sure if you tried some joker could put some smoke dye pellets into the fire Laughing

I can imagine their faces "It's a miracle!"

Just dropping by with my bi annual visit... I'm amazed the sites still up to be honest ^_^ - so whatcha up to these day's Kero?
Camo

Member #5

May 11, 2005 21:32
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"So I'm just doing the rounds, making sure everyone knows the one true religion is islam, and now I'm off to join the Hives" - The Ghost Pope

c**t me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

May 12, 2005 15:56

Yeah... that crazy Popergeist....

Dunno why colored smoke would be a miracle. I mean, it would have to do something in order to be a miracle. The Vatican has some very defined procedures for this kinda thing.

Surprised this site is still up? Of course it is! You knew five years ago that I wasn't going anywhere. We have more right to be surprised that you are still alive than you are at my site's continual operation.

Now, of course, since you have stopped by, you will not return for another two years or so, thus making anything I say here utterly and entirely worthless as you will never come back to read it. So, I can whatever the bleedin' Hel I want to.

Since you were in Spain -- and Spain isn't part of the planet Earth -- you wouldn't know that aliens had their rule for a bit. They were shaped like sausages and had a strange pension for flaying people and turning them into mittens. Eventually, a skinless army formed and defeated the evil wizard by exploiting his only weakness -- love. Wizard? Yeah, we had a bit of them for a while, too.
  The aliens? Left when all the fat guys died off. Cows went extinct, y'know. They were given the power of speech by hippies when one of them dirty bastards finally got an education. The only thing cattle ever said was "Please kill and eat me," tho', so they didn't last very long.
Ryuujin

Member #11

May 12, 2005 19:35

*Notes that down*

Anything else happen? Did they prove the universe was just one big computer simulation to find out the question to the universe (If that makes any sense), then get around to doing the right thing and putting America in the recycle bin of the forementioned computer program?

What about Armageddon? Did I miss anything important? - you know, the end of days, rapture, Jesus personally smiting down the heathens etc etc etc
Rook

Member #112

Jun 5, 2005 8:21
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I think the reason they choose an old Pope 'cause they're more experienced. They're not gonna choose some guy who's like 20 and just became a priest. They don't want someone who's not doing anything, or is gonna screw something up.

* uses PowerPunch on Camo *

That's for the church jokes.

"Somehow 'I told you so'... just doesn't quite say it" -Detective Spooner from "I, Robot"
Sword
Kal

Member #127

Jun 10, 2005 13:15

they pick old popes in case they make a bad choice. that way he'll die within a few years and they can pick a better pope.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

WriteMan.exe

Member #140

Jun 15, 2005 17:07
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't feel right with Pope Ratzinger (I have no idea what his offical Pope Name is I think it's something Benedict...shudder). A friend o mine told me he was a Nazi. I don't fully trust that but...MJ got off so anything possible. As for Mr. Pope John Paul II, I am not Catholic and by no means am I knocking Catholicism (I spell that right?) as some of my friends are; he seemed to be a very innovating leading and as such I wish that I knew him. My only regret in life is that by the time I recognize how great and how special someone truly is they've died...May God's blessings rain on his head.

PS do yall know how they pronounce the Pope dead? The tap his head with a silver mallet/hammer and call his birth name three times. If he doesn't stir he's declared dead by the Vactian. At least that's what I read on Wikipedia (the best dicitionary eva!)

How many levels of Black magic are there? More than enough to kill you entire family and some!- Black Mage
MintMan

Member #1

Jun 15, 2005 18:20

It's an encyclopedia, first off, thus why Wikipedia ends in "pedia" rather than "tionary".

Second, your friend is a moron. He isn't a Nazi; he's German, and despite popular belief, all Germans are not Nazis. He was in the Hitler youth program, but then again, everyone who lived in Germany at that time was forced to.
  What people are accusing him of is simply being old and German. Can't say that I'm surprised; the media loves to take any angle they can against Catholics, 'specially the Brits who really started that whole thing ever since his Papism was announced.

Also, everything you are saying is sorta dated material. Yes, everyone knows how they announce a dead pope. If you watched or read anything for about a week in April, it had to do with the Pope.
  Secondly, they don't even use the hammer anymore -- as they went over -- because it could cause damage to a still-but-barely living Pope. Now, they just do the birthname thing.
boyachi

Member #92

Jun 15, 2005 21:59

How did MJ make it into a post about the pope that is still going on? Talk about let it die!(No pun intended, I swear)

Rook

Member #112

Jul 1, 2005 22:01

The new Pope strickes me as severely strange. I recal hearing thet he has been blessing Ferrari's!

"Oh we're in big trouble now! I believe the human term is 'completely screwed'?" -Dan from "Without a Paddle" playing with a C-3PO action figure after falling over a waterfall, smashing the boat and losing all their supplies.
MintMan

Member #1

Jul 1, 2005 22:13

Yeah. Catholics bless a lot of things. That is prolly 'cause we are one of the only forms of Christianity that believes stuff can be blessed. All the Protestants are supposed to be not into that stuff, even tho' some still... kinda... are. Go hypocrisy!

Also, can anyone explain how blessing Ferraris is stranger than clergy of other religions driving Ferraris? Now that is messed up in my opinion.

Every year in my home Church, they have a blessing of motorcycles. All sorts of tough and hairy looking guys show up. Other Christians would shun their wily beards and tatoos, but not Catholicism. Why? 'Cause none of that stuff has to do with the faith, unlike the bleached-blonde, squeaky-clean, predominately-white born-agains.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 10:04 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022