Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 23:46 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Gettin' Antsy

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 13, 2005 16:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You heard it here first, folks. I am officially turning into an ant for some strange reason.

Seriously, tho', durned these forums for being so inactive... whaddayou all think should be done? I have a mountain of updates I would like to perform if my scanner would work... but it don't (the right side is all rainbow lined; I can manage some B&W but not much else).

I'ma thinking about getting the BD challenge data up tonight (which was supposed to go up a month and a half ago Boggle Ah well, at least it is very accurate now), but I need some non-new-drawing related thing... which is really hard for this site.

I miss the RPs... maybe the Black & White script should make its debut? It is only a year old. There would be no Bestiary Warrior to herald it, but 'twould be something nonetheless.

Or perhaps something FtRPG related? I would concentrate on giving everybody their retroactive tokens, but hardly anyone even learns FtRPG techs anymore! Props to you two people still using them, which is coincidentally the same two people who still visit the forums Shifty Eyes
VinnyD

Member #9

Apr 13, 2005 17:10
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

How bout some love for END, not everything has to come on an anniversary you know? I was just redrawing the Unstoppable Dreamer today (heh, gasmasks make everything cooler), and wondered what ever happened to that whole story with others being involved etc.

Besides that, I can't be good at drawing and writing at the same time (or separate times for that matter), so I'm not feeling creative on the RP front. Or maybe I am but uninspired. Bleh...

* class changes to Paladin because his old class was a bit stale. And paladinnery is fun. *

Take it back, Take It Back, TAKE IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 13, 2005 17:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I would like to issue two notes to and regarding the D:

1) The END anniversery is coming up, actually, or is already here. I believe this is the actual date that END is marked with birth.

2) That sloth is the reason the REF went to the crapper! When there were RPs being pimply (not the best sounding word, on second thought), it seemed to stem other areas of RE-activity. However, when AtP and RoR were allowed to go to ruins, it wasn't long before all other RPs fell apart, either.

3) I know there wasn't a third note, but I feel like saying this: Rumbl-o-Rama is almost a year old. How sad is that?

"The anus isn't meant to leak! That's why it's tight!"
  - Craig Ferguson, I Love The 90s
Zedd

Member #76

Apr 13, 2005 17:31
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I like the sound/idea of Black & White, even if my IAS skills are a little underwhelming. And FtRPG is cool...

Crud, when you think of it, practically everything else (other than the obvious coding stuff which we can't see) requires a picture...

ROR is almost a year old... Sad, but perhaps not as sad as the fact that nobody's written anything in it for almost four months now Dot Mouth

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi

[Editted by Zedd on Apr 13, 2005 17:35]
draggy1234

Member #97

Apr 13, 2005 18:05
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I really don't mind which updates take priority. Although I do admit that seeing all the RP/IASs being inactive is a bit sad.

...At least over here they're better than at another board in which I decided to start up my own first IAS. I put in the intro., it got two contributions, and then died. Frown
Unix

Member #57

Apr 13, 2005 18:20
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm... I'd like to see something for END, too. That one was an interesting idea, and since it's been so long since anything has been done with it, you could put out any old thing for it and it would go down great.

(BTW, I wanna Category! Baleful Dreamer sounds like a Powerful Dreamer to me. :D)

- Unix
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 13, 2005 19:40

There is this belief that I have that I write better on computers I actually own...though day by day I have been pimping myself out to numerous computers, yes I am a slut. I just updated my gym somewhat and I have been concentrating on that since...nothing else that I have written, aside what is on forums(...shut up...)
  Ok, I have nothing better to do (aside study)

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
msanis

Member #7

Apr 13, 2005 22:15
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Inactive? Hmmm... yea. They haven't been very active lately... at all. It isn't that I have stopped coming, I just don't really see much to talk about. I am still quite active in BD tournaments and in Shadow Aura though.

To improve the situation? Hmmm... I think the forums just need some good topics to get the random debates flinging back and forth once again. This site always seems to have "slow points" around this time of the year, hence this lack of activity really isn't of any surprise to me.

...since you're talking about non-graphics oriented games, why not just make a simple text RPG? Those are quite easy, and obviously don't require graphics. Of course, a storyline for one can be quite hard to make. I don't really think any new games are needed to liven up the forums though. I think we're just in the "slow season"...

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 13, 2005 22:31
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Methinks the forums are slow just because school year is almost out. Most of my teachers are really starting to crack down on me, so I just ditch work to get some free time. Usually from my Geometry homework - my teacher in that class is an utter imbecile. So I have nothing against not doing his homework assignments, since I ace his tests usually.

Any updates at all are good, since most of the games are okay. Things I'd like to see (but that I know aren't likely to happen anytime soon): BDRPG comeback, and more plot updates for END.

Hmm... I guess the plot updates are more likely than BDRPG coming back anytime soon. If I recall correctly, I believe MM said that BDRPG would be a *long* time in coming. Frown

-Cheetarius
  "Don't wake me from the dream..."
boyachi

Member #92

Apr 14, 2005 19:50

Btw, I was looking at IAS stuff last night and I was just curious why the BD one wasn't locked.
  I'm gonna do some rereading before I post here...or anywhere that others have posted in RPS, maybe reading popularity has gone down. Shifty Eyes

MintMan

Member #1

Apr 14, 2005 23:09

It doesn't need locked; it is finished. As the after-story banter showed, just because the story is over does not mean no one else will add to it.

That one was simple enough, no?

Rex Ranarum @ Deviant Art - Because I shouldn't limit myself to ruining just one web site!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 14, 2005 23:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Please don't mention Rumbl-o-Rama, MG, you know I murdalized the square-rooted version. I'd add to Pitiful Incantation but I have nothing useful to append.

* uses FlamingBlade on MadGoblin for remembering Rumbl-o-Rama and to finally combine a new tech *

...I go to RE Forums a lot, but I don't write a lot seeing as the majority of RE's visitors are very critical, thereby I try to restrain myself from posting unnecessary offal as much as possible.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Apr 15, 2005 1:27

Critical only to idiot newbies and hippies, which are like the newbs of the universe.
  And that's the way we likes it!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Apr 15, 2005 17:59
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I wonder if I fit one of the two (or both)...?

...What I meant by critical is that you people [correctly] ridicule my foolish disregard for what other people post in RPs...

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

boyachi

Member #92

Apr 15, 2005 21:07

Yes, come on man, ain't you an elder? All the hippies and the n00Bs have banned together, which makes up most of the new people and most of the old, well...I don't know if Camo is a hippie...but most of the elders are, myself included, although I am not an elder, but I am down with that. We usually just kick it back at the double K's place enjoying life: smelling every rose, smoking every weed, tasting every rainbow, and when life gives us lemons, it becomes a lemonade day.
  I don't know where critical came out of this, but my luck for Selphie in FF8 is 90, it just takes so many curse spikes. Don't let the Man take your spikes!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 16, 2005 9:11

Ew! Bletch! Yeeeeerg! Don't remind me of the Square-Rooted. I of course only was referring to the RoR:Original (or RoRo as the cool people call it... me Shifty Eyes ) since that's the only one that's been around for a year.

In fact, RoRSR only came out when RoRo hit its slump, the departure of Writer77.

And nothing is really wrong with SR (I joked with the bleching) as it was heading down an awesome course. It just... stopped getting cared for, as is the fate of all stories.

"But you'll kill us all!"
  "But ice cream cake!"
  - The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror XV
writer77

Member #4

Apr 16, 2005 11:20

What are you talking about? RoRo didn't go away when I left! It went away 'cause Minty and the D stopped making posts. I did everything I could to keep it alive, but no one besides me and MG would post. I must've waited a week or so for Mintman to "take his turn" one time.

In coonclusion, it was Minty's fault. Not mine. Minty's.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 16, 2005 18:03

Rightright, I thought it was Ems' fault, but I believe he tricked me into thinking that you were the reason to relieve the blame from himself, since he's a sneaky dastard.

Actually, it was my fault (shocking, I know). My simple brain was just getting confused with the other ruinations you were blamed for by the Ems, being all other existing RPs. Now, before anyone goes and sez, "But did he even add to any others?" That's exactly it, he didn't. The guy with a word proposing literary ability for a name not adding to stories is really bad Slanted Mouth

"He consumed books like some of us consume twinkies."
  - Words on Pope John Paul II, 1920 - 2005
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 23:46 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022