Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 12:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Happy Valentine's Day!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 18, 2005 6:55
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

lol oh geeze, remembering band names and song titles is like remembering the nutrition facts on a can of pop i drank a few weeks ago..
  i'm HORRIBLE at it...(and i never really pay attation to the nutrition?) =( tis sad tis sad.. so when i wana say a song i heard rules, i'm like

"and it goes something like dooo dum do do do...da de da de de de doomm...?"

(goo goo dolls iris..that one i know because its my FAV.! I wana get a ring tone for it..lol go cell phones... though its my home and work phone to...oi >_<')
  anyway.. i have to get my socks on and go to school now.. (joys of allllll joys... *roles eyes*)
  muah, loves

as for types, i'm a junky. I LOVE techno and rock most of all.. i love techno-rock..
  for the rocks i'm a light (sometimes) the punk normaly, yet screaming heavey usually thorwn in.. I cant ever get into the things that are a little to old in rock though, but then i can.. (i need band names for exaples...ugh).
  when i'm surfin the net yahoo's launch is my best friend.. in my room drawing (i'm going to see if i can start an artwork section on the site i'm making... people can see my prwety art then.. )

Let your mind fade all that I say
  Into the world of make believe
  Where petty things become reality
  And the end is the new beginning.

boyachi

Member #92

Feb 14, 2006 11:00
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey punks! Guess what time of year it is again!!!!
  I'm wearing all black to commemorate all those poor suckers that have and will spend a bunch of money on a romantic evening to have it all be torn to shreds by said valentine or the fates. That, and its really cold out and black absorbs heat better.
  So I definitely want to stay in all night and watch action movies, anyone have special plans with themselves?

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Feb 14, 2006 11:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have a band concert tonight. Yippe for tacky dressy uniforms and horn grease, oil, and spit.

This Year's V-day Piccie
  It rather reminds me of a couple of people I know...
  This song I re-found reminded me of you guys too. Now that's the spirit!

Marshmallow filled chocolate hearts that are so big that they don't fit in the palm of your hand are good. Lick I've got my chocolate and lack of a boyfriend. Life is good.
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 14, 2006 11:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

w00t, bumpage! Ahh, V-Day. The day that my reputation as a cynical S-O-B gets a huge boost. It's not that I'm jealous of all the couples out there, it's the utter ridiculousness of the holiday (but I'm sure we covered all that last year). My day pretty well consists of school, work, then putting off studying for a test by playing Final Fantasy. Life as usual. I wouldn't even had remembered today was Valentine's Day if my mom hadn't given me a bunch of candy this morning. Oh, and I too am wearing black, but it was completely arbitrary. I have quite a few black shirts, so the odds are pretty good I'll randomly pick one of them for any given day in the wash cycle.
  [Edit- wow, I can't believe I never once ranted on this post last year. From the looks of it, it was mostly back and forth between Yo_hi and Camo. Oh well, unless someone picks it up, I'll spare you my thoughts.]
  *hums the second verse of Don't Fear the Reaper*

Each individual hair in Chuck Norris' beard has a beard of its own.

[Edited by Battalon127 on Feb 14, 2006 11:47]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 14, 2006 12:07
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wearing all black is a bit cli-gay if you asks mez. I aim for navies or dark greens, the true opposites of red (and don't no nerd say that ... teal is the true opposite, I'm speaking culturally, not scientifically proven light patterns).

I gotz my Eddie shirt on (Viva la Raza!) which is a nice reminder of death Slanted Mouth Sadly, it's ... black, but at least I'm rockin' the green pants.

Plans? I intend to spend this crap-hole of a day the same way I've spent my first three and last three: completely unaware of my own existance!

* Stumbling around in his drunken stupor, randomly uses ManiacRage on boyachi with a BottleOfMakeThePainGoAway *

"You wouldn't want your pool to leak and get water in it, now would you?"
  "No. You could get wet."
  - Chavo and Eddie Guerrero
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 14, 2006 12:20

Ultra-curses! Why the friggin' Hel did you bump a year-old topic? Now how am I supposed to tell you "shut the Hel up" for making a Valentine's Day topic when you didn't even make it?!

I only had to suffer pre-Valentine's day horrors (being happy people * shudders *). Without classes today, I'm stayin' locked in side.

Here are some funny Valentine's Day infos for you:

I know there ain't many Catholics 'round here, so lemme explain the "Saint" in Valentine's Day. He was a real dude; there is no question about that. Thing is, he was three dudes -- all martyrs. It is reported that the date of martyrdom (of at least one) was in February, so like many Catholic traditions, they made a festival out of it to compete with a pagan on that involved eviscerated animals and wanton acts.

The Vatican has since recanted the festival -- not because of the dude, but because the dude had nothing to do with love or any of that crap. Pretty much, Valentine's Day started a falsehood and remains a mistake.

That's not all! Valentine's Day is also largely responsible for one of the stupidest things ever: greeting cards. Hand-written note passing became popular on this day. Thing is, postage was expensive. Moreover, it was actually seen as a bad thing to convey emotion through a letter Embarrassed That's why greeting cards are soulless miscreations! They are supposed to be utterly impersonal!
  Another big push to the pre-written cards is the savings on postage. Dag, yo. A greeting card used to cost less than the difference in postage? You can't even get a friggin' card for the price of a stamp now!

So, these are what made the day popular. And boning. Add in some market gurus to tie in expensive jewelry, flowers, and candy, and you got yourself a winner!

I did find out an interesting parody of Valentine's Day, tho'. February 15th is unofficially "Singles Awareness Day," meaning that -- yes -- you can greet other losers with the salutation: "Happy SAD!"

All and all: I'm wearing black, I'm drawing my annual pic of Ivak holding discord in red ink, and I'm about to put up my Red Pop for Creme Soda -- the most despressing of soft drink flavors!.
  I'm not bitter one bit. I'm still smeggin' rich Big Smile

References (and for more fun):
  Wikipedia Entry
  Mostly true history
Zedd

Member #76

Feb 14, 2006 14:13
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, I spent the majority of VD (interesting quirk of abbreviation there, no? Tongue ) sitting in a deserted part of the school meditating. Just for the hell of it.

Which is not what I do normally... No, not at all... Oh alright, maybe just a little bit...

To sit on the fence is a dangerous call, but someone's gotta do it.

[Edited by Zedd on Feb 14, 2006 14:16]
Cheetarius

Member #10

Feb 14, 2006 19:42
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

hahaha - I read the first page and was starting to thing I'd gone forward in time, since the last posts read Feb 17th... but then it turned out it was just from last year. that threw me for a loop before I actually realized it read 2005. Nervous

Yea, V-Day has never been very special for me - I'm always too restrained around the opposite gender (those not related to me, anyway) to actually attract any attention from them. alas.

Funnily enough, I had to explain the definition of megalomania to someone today, in connection to myself. Yea - that really does wonders for your social life.

- Cheetarius - "...and don't spread this around, but I was thinking that if we got up there, we would outnumber the regular crew, so we could wait until the last day, then overpower them, and take the thing on a joyride around the moon or something."
Shinyumo

Member #236

Feb 14, 2006 19:55
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Social life? What's that? Tongue

(E.g. Valentine's Day isn't all that special for me either. Slanted Mouth )
fightertype

Member #227

Feb 15, 2006 23:51
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Am I the only one who actually LIKES Valentine's Day?

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 16, 2006 24:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, I'm not knockin those who like it, if thats your thing, great. I just don't see whats so damn romantic about a day where you're basically expected/required to be so. Too often its only a last-minute, nearly thoughtless half-ass effort anyway. Or you could look at it as simply an excuse to spend (or waste as it so often ends up being) time and money on your significant other. It all depends on how you look at it (and whether or not you actually HAVE a significant other )
  Oh, and Happy SAD, I'm sure most people here qualify. We still got 45 minutes of it over here.

Each individual hair in Chuck Norris' beard has a beard of its own.
Camo

Member #5

Feb 16, 2006 3:05
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I didn't really do anything this Valentines, worked...

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
Rook

Member #112

Feb 18, 2006 19:09
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My Valentine's Day was spent leering at happy couples walking by. It was also spent remembering a former crush. Upon reflection, I suppose she was a freak. I'm not sure, it has been so long. We never actually dated, though.

I wore my normal apparel, my red Nintendo sweatshirt. I always do, I never really think about it. The funny thing, though, is most of my friends are girls, yet I've never had a girlfriend...

"Do not panic. You will all die" -- The Regis V from Megas XLR
Sword
Ice

Member #46

Feb 19, 2006 24:59

So, I'm sure I'll get shot in the same manner as Boyo, but question... Why is it so difficult for computer-geeks to be comfortable around females AND to actually hook up with them?

I realize many of you may be in the younger age-range (by younger, I mean sub-16) so you're probably still in high school and haven't really learned the whole "mastery of self-confidence" thing, so you all have your excuse, kind of. But for those of you who are 17, 18, 19 and upwards, I just have to wonder. Did you never get around to developing self-confidence, or is it something else that's keeping you from it?

Also I know plenty of you are of the mindset "Bah, who needs girls, they have cooties!" or something like that. If that works for you, then good on you. However, I bet for at least half of you, you're only saying that to make youself feel better rather than because you actually mean it. Generally if you have crushed on girls who you don't even talk to, then you're likely to be the latter type. If so, and you secretly do want a woman to make you happy, here's a small hint - go get one. If you're just afraid of being rejected, do like people like Camo would do - Go into it assuming she wants you, and if it turns out she doesn't, then move on to the girl sitting next to her. Or just go for both at the same time and hope for a ménage à trois, if that's your thing.

Huh. I don't even know why I wrote that all out, cause now I'm just bored. Incidentally, now that Valentine's Day is over, the real celebration begins... REESE'S EGGS ARE OUT.

All is right in the world, and my dentist is getting a bonus next time I see him. Oh, how I love thee, my external income that can pay for literally cases of Reese's Eggs.I won't be surprised if I go through 2 full cases of the eggs.

Mmmm....
  * mutates a few dozen cases of ReesesEggs *

°(~.~)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2006

[Edited by Ice on Feb 19, 2006 1:01]
Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Feb 19, 2006 1:54

I don't know about that whole lack-of-self-confidence thing because, like Rook, I have many a female friend. And I'm definitely the computer-geek type, as I am making a fair amount of money that the government will never touch (as I don't claim it as income, thereby keeping me mere dollars below the filing limit ) doing freelance tech support. Of course, self-confidence means nothing if girls don't consider you date-able. However, in case you think I'm lying about all this, here's proof. This picture has been edited to protect my identity and spare you all my ugly mug.

--->Your ad here<---

[Edited by Battalon127 on Feb 19, 2006 1:56]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 19, 2006 11:05

Really, Ice, I don't know how old you think the average REFer is. I mean, "cooties"? C'mon! That's grade school, lower grade school at that. Nay, I do believe that most the patrons here are just in the true nerd category, as opposed to the ever growing population of pseudonerds who seem to be taking over Angry

You see, a true nerd is the kind that women want nothing to do with. They're visually unappealing, and are only considered by the other sex until the hunt for a supportive mate is on (also known as the "gold digger" instinct*). I know for a fact that I'm the perfect man... for a women over thirty-five, which is after all the superficiality and whatnot is sucked out of a being and the dried, callused shell is left desiring to beat out the biological clock Dot Mouth

But, seriously, uncomfortable around women? I think not! I'm not as pathetic as I play myself off to be. Like my alcoholism, it's greatly exaggerated for comedic purposes. Really, I'm just fine around women, and handle them much better than men (who I am bitter and spiteful towards). About the only time I'm not around a chick bubbling with giggles is when they are a total burnout and can't keep up with the p-a-c-e o-f m-y w-o-r-d-s e-v-e-n t-h-o-u-g-h I-m s-p-e-a-k-i-n-g s-l-o-w-l-y f-o-r t-h-e-m. In fact, they usually feel it necessary to mention their boyfriends (or at least lie about having one) since they think I'm hitting on them. So, oh, my no, I'm dynamite around the ladies** Big Smile

As for the "hooking up" part, why am I not "hooking up" with 'em if I'm supposed so good with 'em? Mainly, I don't want to. In addition to not being pathetic, I'm also not desperate. Bouncing back to that superficial nature of the mindless zombies that make up my peers, I don't want anything to do with that. I know people (my friend) who date chicks that they hate every aspect of and who hate him in every imaginable way, but they both think each other physically attractive, thus, they suffer Sweat Drop

That's not how I do it. Now, I'm by no means picky. Hell, I find chicks hot that make me question my own standards. And... man, I've spent too long writing this. Where was I going with it? ... Bah, screw this: I'm just fine around women, it's just they won't be fine with me for twenty more years. And now, to eat some Hostess snack cakes Slanted Mouth

And, before anyone says, "Oh, you just haven't found the chick for you," no. That's a load of crap. There's no such thing as soul mates, just settling for the most genetic superior you can bag. Biology makes love fun Lick

* No, seriously, I'm not being sexist. Google a study on the thing. They also have had specials on it at least once a month on the Discovery or Discovery Health Channels.

** Stop laughing.

"Mint Man, that was no help, jeese, at least you could puke somthing on me!"
  - SpiderW, ie: Camo from RE's Days of Yore
Rook

Member #112

Feb 19, 2006 13:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm with Gobby. We can all appreciate a hot girl, but personally, I look for something deeper. I just haven't found someone I've cliqued with yet. I just hope I don't end up like the guys on Beauty and the Geek or something, who are like 28 and have never kissed a girl. I don't actually watch it, I've only seen parts.

"Do not panic. You will all die" -- The Regis V from Megas XLR
boyachi

Member #92

Feb 19, 2006 20:47

So um yea, the only part I didn't like about my psych class was the hot blonde that didn't pay attention. Now, I took my laptop everywhere, thus to class to take notes (which these notes are available on my site if you want them, none that will make too much sense this semester, sorry but I think history of art just won't be to strict on guidelines between teachers, especially since .txt has no pictures) and she wanted my notes. Using her sex appeal, let me rephrase that, wasting her sex appeal, she asked for my notes, which I sent to her several times and even printed them out (there were at least 6 pages each time I did this). The thing was I would give them to her anyway or anyone else. It was almost degrading because, I knew she wasn't interested (The first time I asked her if she wanted to catch lunch and look at them then, she had to go help a friend, who minutes later called...to see if she wanted to meet her at lunch.)
  That was about the biggest geek moment I had, aside from that time I was asked to cyber...when I was 15. I declined.

So, that my two cents for now.

"oh and before i devour you 2 ill tell you my name is Valkyor." - My Kamaitachi
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Feb 19, 2006 22:56

On Feb 19, 2006 24:59, Ice said:

If you're just afraid of being rejected, do like people like Camo would do - Go into it assuming she wants you, and if it turns out she doesn't, then move on to the girl sitting next to her. Or just go for both at the same time and hope for a ménage à trois, if that's your thing.

Ahh this reminds me of Saturday, I went out with the original intention to stay sober, then my friend Alita informed me she wanted me to stay at her sisters, so now I could drink. I left my car there then headed off with my mate to the Cambridge to see Bodyjar, and Alita was a no show, whilst Bodyjar (Top Aussie band, headlined the gig) were playing, I found myself making out with a fine girl who was on the barrier with me. After Bodyjar finished it turns out Alita showed up, just as I gave my beautiful stranger one last kiss and Alita had the s***s with me for the whole night, I also ended up scoring another incredibly attractive girls number whilst walking from the Cambridge to Maccas, and I think this pissed her off even more.
  When I got back to Alita's I didn't get laid Frown

Moral of this story: I don't know.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 28, 2024 12:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022