Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 5:30 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Did RE Go kaput over the past few days or something?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Ice

Member #46

Feb 11, 2005 13:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Or was my DNS just being crappy at school as usual?

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
dracon

Member #143

Feb 11, 2005 14:40
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, it was down, for a really long time, I WANT TO KNOW WHY...I was so sad when it went down.....*Sniff*

"When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade"
   (Mine)"When Life Gives You Water, Have Fun"
Zedd

Member #76

Feb 11, 2005 14:41
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

No, it went Kaput, I think. At least, it didn't work for me either, and neither did Mints' email, so I couldn't find out what had happened...

So what did happen?

* class changes to Miles *

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu
draggy1234

Member #97

Feb 11, 2005 15:38
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Here, I'll copy what MadGoblin sent me via e-mail:

Just so you know, RE is not dead, and it's not a major site error. It's
  a domain error. The problem is with the URL alone. This also affects
  his email since its mintman@realitysend.com. No URL, no email address, so
  he can't receive mail, either.

You see, Ems recently realized that his subscription to owning
  RealitysEnd.com (name alone, not site or data storage part) was about up. So,
  although the check is in the mail, the deadline came, so its sorta ...
  waiting for the check
  to come before the domain can be used again. *cough*

So, apparently, RE is now OK. Smile

* uses CheerUp on dracon since there isn't a reason to be sad anymore *
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 11, 2005 16:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yup, it started buggerin' on Monday and went dead Tuesday. Friday -- I don't know when since I have been really busy with testing -- here we all are.

Apparently, it was my billing... or... not my billing. The site stayed up all of those days, but not realitysend.com. * uses LandSmite on draggy1234 on all of the suckiness *

Tournaments and battles still went on, tho', which is good. In fact, if you timed it right, you would have still got a cancellation e-mail from the non-existant minty-man addy Boggle I know I would have, but.... I couldn't check my mail as it didn't even exist Nervous

Well, site's up, but e-mail is still a li'l weird, but that is to be expected because of some server junk my host has been doing for, like, a week now.
Sword
msanis

Member #7

Feb 11, 2005 17:35
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good to see it back. I was actually on the site JUST as it went down. I was about to finish some HUGE post I was going to make in the forums, and as I was about to post it, I got a message saying "Can't Find Realitysend.com." Needless to say... that sucked. I spent a HUGE amount of time trying to figure out what happened. I visited various websites, many of which were forums... which had "KeroKato" as the user name that often came up... obviously we all know who that was. Gotta say Mint, if there was ever a dead forum, you must've visited it. All the forums (I found)you posted in were... dead (as in no longer used).

As for how I found out about the domain error, I finally found a relatively useful site, Madgoblin's. I sent him an email, and got the "notice". Crazy stuff went on this past week man... crazy stuff... Boggle

...And flaming creatures rained down from the skies, engulfing both land and sea aflame. Upon that day, the prophecy was made.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 11, 2005 18:26
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Good thing that RE isn't dead. Well, I didn't think it was dead, but it was kinda sad to look at SMFC's main page where it says "RE Familiars" and then have nothing there...also, I got an e-mail asking me why Mushroom City was down.

...At any rate, all's well that ends well.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 11, 2005 18:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Whoa. Old forums that Ems went to? Man, I can't even imagine what those were, with the exception of Azure Heights, of course.

What were they all, Pokemon related? I don't think he went to much else communities let alone used the name KK anywhere else.

Sorta related, tho', to that subject, Sanis, is that Ems ran his own little search, but for realitysend.com, which produced some interesting results.

Apparently, this site is more popular than one would think, turning up at a number of sites. And not just gyms and adopters, either, I mean real sites.

And, only "hardcore" band. *cough*

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
msanis

Member #7

Feb 14, 2005 23:18
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Delving in to Minty's past... here's a few websites he has visited. Wierd stuff you can find on people like this, huh? Well... here is one such forum. It doesn't seem to be COMPLETELY related to pokemon way though...

- http://www.ashido.com/forum/member.php?action=viewpro&member=KeroKato
  (too lazy to make link Tongue )

Another forum...

- http://www.marblepalace.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=19

There are probably alot more than that too. If you look long enough, you start seeing some REALLY wierd things in the search engines... but I don't feel like getting in to that. Dot Mouth

Why do I do this to myself?!?!
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 14, 2005 23:29

Ashido is a past and not-so-past. I just joined it last year or so. The owner of that place was the web mistress of Neglected Pokémon Lovers Unite, or NPLU, which the Poliwhirl Shrine was part of.
  I think that was the initial source of hits for RE and thus The League until the Abra K. Banner Exchange brought in the big bucks... or people... few deer-people Shifty Eyes

Marble Palace is the successor to Pokemon Daily, which was the successor to Azure Heights. AH just never got with the times and its forums sucked beyond mortifying belief; PD would still be around today if its owners did not constantly kill, revive, and kill it again.

MP was the last leg, but poor moderation left it overrun by so much spam that it became worse than -- but not more notorious than -- the dreaded Karp Park. Ouch.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 5:30 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022