Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 28, 2024 7:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Mintman's Characteristic

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 9, 2005 12:11
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Just a thought/observation, but to me it seems like Mintman is against hoarding. Two cases in point:

In FtRPG, one gets penalized for hoarding tokens instead of combining them as quickly as possible with a longer learning time for new tokens.

Now in BD, one can receive 5 tournament points per week ONLY if that person has spent the tournament points first instead of hoarding them. Sure, it may be a small amount compared to winning tournaments, but it's still a gain after spending some.

Anybody else see what I'm seeing? Or any other comments?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 9, 2005 13:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, that is a good observation, but fact of the matter is, I love who- wait, what did you say again? * goes back * Oh, I see Embarrassed Well, the fact of the matter is, I do enjoy hoarding. All the moneys I made from Integrated Electronics, I still have! I did not bother spending any of it what with having no social life and all.
  Then, I am an insane collector. I gots stuff that I don't even know what just for the sake of having it.

The two observations you made are for in-game reasons.
  Reason the first: in FtRPG, people had a nasty habit of learning all of the tokens from a class's list and then... doing nothing. At most, they would move on to the next class and clear out its list as well.... that is stupid. Tokens are entirely worthless by themselves. People are supposed to make RPG-like abilities and spells from them, not sit there going "hethet i j00z Weak on j00" Slanted Mouth
  The best way to get people not to sit there complaining about how classes do not learn enough tokens since they already learned them all is to actually make them use the tokens up.
  Of course, the plan about the learning disability seemed to backfire as still no one combines, but rather hoardes them up. Jokes on them, 'cause they would be learning at a five-ex rate if they would just use some blutty tokens.
  Combining is fun! * combines and uses uses Terraran *

As for the Tourney Points, I thought of that pretty much last minute Dot Mouth With the tantalizing five-thou, two-thou, and one-thousand point secret prizes peeking from the bottom of the list, I fretted that no one would ever spend a single point, wanting to save up for what lurked below.
  So, I figured if points regenerated, people would mind much less about spending them freely.
Sword
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 9, 2005 16:33
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh. Well, a person's projected Internet persona can differ from the real persona.

Frown (Had to put it here; RP Tech problem)

*sigh* I must've really messed up my FtRPG as well (14 tokens). Out of all of my accounts on RE, I don't think I haven't messed up on one. Hithop's low win ratio, messing up on RE by catching 4 poliwags for my team (therefore running out of pokeballs), using an initially bad dreamer title, and now this.

I hope this doesn't affect me majorly in the future. I should've acted sooner.

* class jumps to the Priest Mark *

* uses Brighten *

Too bad there doesn't seem to be a way to drop tokens.

Anyway, has anyone else tried to determine others' characteristics/personalities from the way they have acted on RE? Big Smile

EDIT: Huh. I thought I'd learned Marker at the Adventurer class. I tried to use Marker, then a Change token back to Priest, and then a Combine.

[Editted by draggy1234 on Jan 9, 2005 16:35]
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Jan 9, 2005 22:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yea.
  There is that dumb message hater thing going around, along with pointless spamming, and the I'm new so I want to be kewl and l33t quick as possible...and what about the fantastic..well...Camo factor?
  I mean, I figure by now that the majority of the inhabitants are extreme procrastinators. There are obvious people with political sides and believes.
  I would say something about apathy but I don't see a point really.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 10, 2005 1:23

Whoa-whoa-whoa... Marker-Change-and-then-Combine? I think you overloaded the script Dead It sounds like you tried to do too much at once... for some reason.

Did you change anything in that post, or is that how it was left for ya? I mean, the empty asterisks are what is confusing me.

Apparently, you are still a priest, so... yay?

And typically, the way to keep your token amount normal is to use Combine's regularly and not filling up your learning list. That, or class change to something that doesn't suck like Priest does and get yourself a good token like Cross. That'll clear up all those spare tokens.
draggy1234

Member #97

Jan 10, 2005 16:24

Only thing I changed in that post was the part marked "EDIT".

...I guess this means I can still use my change token to get a better class, so..."yay?" Tongue

* class changes to Acolyte *
Ice

Member #46

Jan 11, 2005 10:26
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

One noted side effect of Cross:

Since you're essentialy holding back on three different tokens while you learn it, and (I'm assuming) you need to keep combine (as the prereq) to continue learning it, you automatically have to have about 4 extra tokens in your inventory, thus making Cross seem like it takes just as long as Blank to learn.

Or maybe it really does just take as long as Blank to learn. I dunno.

* Makes a sign of the Cross and mutates a Smorgasborgs *

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 11, 2005 10:42

Wow... that sure is a gay tech Slanted Mouth Do you even know what that does anymore?

And you seem to forget that Blank takes a long time just to learn Blank. With Cross, you get to keep your Combine to use else where (or to keep and use for another Cross), and the tokens that go in it, well, go in it. It is not as though all that stuff is for naught.

At any rate, it succeeds in its purpose of not having to learn Combine every other token or just a lot of times in a row. How come you didn't bring up that scenario when comparing times with Blank? It is a lot more basic and done by more people? You didn't! Because it was more basic and done by more people, just like Cross should be, because it is faster than using Combine three times.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 28, 2024 7:08 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022