Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 25, 2024 2:33 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Why realitysend?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 13, 2005 11:51
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Oh, so... what? Do you want me to delete your spitefulheart account or something?

It would have been easier just to tell me to change your name than doing this. Now I gotta go in and change the numbering Slanted Mouth
Sword
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 17, 2005 19:52
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

i'm sorry =/ i just didnt know that my sis kept my yo-hi i thought she would change the pass to something she wouldnt remember then forget it was there and not tell me.. but its there, i'm just not going to use spiteful heart any more, i'm doing that delete thing and leaving it blank...
  i read the faq, go me!

Let your mind fade all that I say
  Into the world of make believe
  Where petty things become reality
  And the end is the new beginning.

msanis

Member #7

Feb 18, 2005 12:54
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmmm... i'm surprised I didn't notice this one yet. How I ended up over here? Well... though I'm not the biggest pokemon fan anymore (I don't hate it... just... lost interest), I once had an "RPG" on my website. It was poorly set up... now that I look back at it. Anyway, I had an affiliation with a few other websites (of which, were quite similar to my own). These people soon got me to join "Battling Dragons", and well... that was my first step in to R.E. About a year and half past from then, and my website kinda shrivelled up and died (not really to my surprise.) I still knew those other webmasters, and talked with them on occasion. A certain one actually "hacked" in to R.E. (which by the way, as I said many times, I was never involved in that). Minty eventually found out, and obviously, he banned him. The other person lost interest in R.E. For some bizarre reason I stayed. Eventually, I ACTUALLY found the forums. Thus I am here now... years later... with not much of anything accomplished. Time flies... and unfortunately it blows sand in your eyes. D'oh

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
Lymfada

Member #214

Feb 18, 2005 23:06
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

As for me I use to play a lot of games like Asherons Call, DAOC, City of Heores and such. Wife got extremely mad at the amount of time I spent playing those games so I needed something else. (Oh no my age is getting out). I was looking through google and came across games2k.com found this site and quite a few others. For me this site has been the best. It is not only fun for me it is not nearly as time consuming and my wife likes puzzle games, I just showed her Endless Night's Dream today, that and she thinks the bunny with a horn (cant think of the name of it) is cute. Oh by the way Mint if you need/want some advise on search engine placement I can send you some pointers, my web building skills are not the best but I am very good at search engine placement especially with nitch things. Let me know and ill send you some ideas on how to raise in rankings. No gaurentees but I'm sure I can help.

Lym
  What does not kill you makes you stronger
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 19, 2005 24:15
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, if it is one thing RE does, it is not take up time. In fact, that is what it was designed to be -- the game to play if you want to have a life.
  If you want to play a MMORPG or something, you are pretty much shilling out a small chunk of your life to be enslaved by a game. Any game 'round here you can just sorta pop by whenever you feel like it and never skip a beat.
  Sure, we get some that actually want something to consume every ounce of their free time, but.... meh. This system works better, I thinks.

Wow, you are old(er), aren't you? I mean, there is that one thirty-year-old chick at DevArt & BD, but you are at least the oldest person who is active in any amount. Previously, I think Ryuujin held the spot as the only member older than Gobbo and I.

As for Search Engine placement, I know the tricks. There really are not that much. However, I rely mostly on word-of-mouth and harvesting traffic from other web sites (and of course searches for strange monsters Wink Google any of the obsure BD things and just see what you get!).
  So thanks, but I'll pass. * gives Lymfada a virtual Cookie anyway *
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 19, 2005 9:11

Yes, one again proving that Al-Mi-raj and I can appeal to married woman and other women outside of my possibility bracket D'oh

I kid. I'm glad to hear anyone liking it. 'Tis also good to know that people who aren't brainless, annoying teenagers come to and enjoy this site. Man, I hate those guys so much! ... Shifty Eyes

Er... hi, guys. Heh heh. ... how much of that did you hear?

"See you in hell, candy boys!"
  - Homer, The Simpsons
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 19, 2005 12:59

I resent that comment of
  “'Tis also good to know that people who aren't brainless, annoying teenagers come to and enjoy this site. Man, I hate those guys so much! ..."

Presuming your talking about all teenagers or just some in general?
  If its someone in general say the name please, if it’s all teenagers- don’t judge until you get to know whom you’re referring to. Not ever single teenager you will come across is brainless and annoying. I’m only 18 but I also consider myself both a teenager and an adult. I will openly admit that sometimes I am still a child in situations that are beyond my control, but as a YOUNG adult AND a teenager I take personal offence of being called brainless and annoying.

I’m sorry if this makes you mad... In return for making you mad, would it help to know that the comment you made, made me mad? All I ask is you use a specific teen that your referring to, or don’t make the comment at all.

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 19, 2005 14:53

Okay, first off, I do hate teenagers in generally, but that comment was a joke. I mean, c'mon? Did it not smack of sarcasm? Smack, I say!

Seriously, why would I bash teenagers? I generally forget how old I am and think I'm still eighteen. Yes, I'm that lame.

But teenagers make up the bulk of people I know. I mean, just about everyone here is an adolescent since they came to RE when (in most cases) PkMn was such a draw for younguns.

But, going back to the prior point, I do despise a lot of teens, but that mainly embodies the sheep, strumpets, fakers, stoners, morons, and Avril Lavigne fans Dead So not punk!

"You look good for someone who was hit by a car."
  "Thus being the only time ever that it can said that I 'look good'."
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Feb 19, 2005 15:55
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yay, nerds aren't on your hate list! I guess that means that generally speaking you wouldn't hate me.

...What was the topic of this topic again?...Oh, right, why Reality's End. Actually, I've noticed that I've been coming to RE on a much more regular basis with the onset of FtRPG and BD v4.0. Strangely enough, not END...I'm too lazy to think for that.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 19, 2005 22:56

Sorry MadGoblin, i'm just so used to every one hateing me because of my age..its like..i wear black, but i'm not goth. i have no fav. type of cloths, music, and in general i belive i am a nice person. I dont follow the croud, i'm far from that, and i have my missjudge group of friends who arent the sheep but the rams who stand idly by.

yet so many "adults" judge me because of what i wear, who i hang out with (that can be understandable,yet i dont hang out with stoners... i have freidns that are- but none that i talk to with after school much)and i' can honestly say i'm drug, smokeing, and drinking free... i wana go to collage from studying art, and yet i'm also going into a withdraw of my talents because i cant express them how i wish..

and lol realitysend is a safe heaven of good times for me as i've said before, i check on the forms during school when i can and at home afrter i first get home, sometimes in the morning.. i cant help it X_x...

must drive friend home now

wes2new

Member #66

Apr 8, 2005 19:12

i found this site while looking up pokemon about four or five years ago on google i think it was a joined the R.E. League and then BD and then the forums

Darkness Approaches
Sword
Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 8, 2005 21:58
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm, Gobbo's generalisation of teen hateage nags at my mind too - I'm only 16, and lest I am much mistaken, I was 12 when I joined RE. And yet, Gobbo's never complained (directly) about me. Tongue

Long while ago for my memory to reach, but I think I found RE through a friend's site. This was when RE was still on AngelFire. I was into the Pkmn craze too, but not nearly as long as some of my friends at the time. I mostly stuck around for BD, although my site attendance has been off and on.

Saw Mint mention Draconix... That was when Unix had one of the three or four Drakes around, right? Man, that was a while ago. He comes over here to use my computer now and then, and now I think he's only level 10 or something. Just a Hatchling. All I know is I'm finally better than him. Big Smile

Among the things that I can remember are the RELLB and a few Gyms that aren't around anymore, as well as several appearances of AT. I think I have more badges than anyone else in RE, except for maybe Mint and Gobbo (depending on Gobbo's activity levels at various times). Well, more old badges anyway. Thus far I haven't gotten around to doing anything about the new Gyms.

-Cheetarius
  C:\DOS
  C:\DOS\RUN
  RUN\DOS\RUN
Ishamael

Member #142

Apr 9, 2005 15:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"If you want to play a MMORPG or something, you are pretty much shilling out a small chunk of your life to be enslaved by a game."

A small part? MMORPGs absorb people's entire lives. There have been some people so hopelessly addicted to Everquest that they lose their jobs by playing it so late they dont get to work on time or playing it AT work. I personally don't see the appeal of MMORPGs. They take too much time and have either a really stupid storyline, or none at all. Making a final boss for example wouldn't work. "Hey it's an insanely powerful monster. Let's group the whole clan together and kill it in one second." Diablo and Diablo 2 were bad enough for that, and the multiplayer player limit was 8.

I just realized something very odd. When I turn my speakers for my computer off, they just go really quiet. I could still hear the music I was playing. . .

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
  --George W. Bush
  OK then. . .
MadGoblin

Member #2

Apr 9, 2005 18:54

Holy crapples, Ishamael, that is the absolute truest thing I have ever heard! Kudos!

Mass mogs do consume people. While I have been prone to play a lil' bit of RuneScape, I've been sure to, 1) not play it every day, and 2) not pay a dime to play it. No loss, no foul, I guess.

And, Cheet, geez, that teenage mockery-thing, first off, was a joke! I said it in total jest to Yo Hi saying that she was a teenager and knowing that most all the occupants of this site were teenagers. I thought I had that explained in my prior post?
  I mean, after all, when you joined at the age of twelve, I was, what, sixteen? That's right in the middle of the teens.
  And that real hate more so goes off to the skeevy stoner type of teen, or young adult (and sometimes older adult) who does not wish to let go of the same ideal. * all eyes fall onto Camo *

"He consumed books like some of us consume twinkies."
  - Words on Pope John Paul II, 1920 - 2005
Cheetarius

Member #10

Apr 14, 2005 24:04
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Apr 8, 2005 21:58, Cheetarius said:

Hmm, Gobbo's generalisation of teen hateage nags at my mind too - I'm only 16, and lest I am much mistaken, I was 12 when I joined RE. And yet, Gobbo's never complained (directly) about me. Tongue

Relax, Gobbo. I was just messing with you, as you were messing with yo_hi. Hence the " Tongue " at the end of the paragraph. As things go, I don't think I've ever really gotten any kind of insults in these forums (except when I actually deserved it, as happened quite a lot in the past, and still from time to time now). Mints keeps 'em fairly clean, even though they may be slow at times.

- Cheetarius LITE, The New & Improved Version, now with Less Caloric Intake!...

[Editted by Cheetarius on Apr 14, 2005 24:15]
Sword
Lymfada

Member #214

Apr 14, 2005 1:10

A quick note on MMORPGs. THe people who lose their jobs because they become so engrossed in it would have done so anyways. I have come to realize that those with addictive personalities find one vice or another. Remember you make the decisions weather it be to smoke, do drugs, drink, or play games to the point of obsessiveness. You the individual make those decisions. On that note remember Not to decide is to decide.

Lym
Ishamael

Member #142

Apr 17, 2005 22:13

True, but you can't be fired for smoking, (at least not in Canada or the States), but you can for playing games on company time. Smoking doesn't interfere (much) with anything but your lungs, and your neural pathways.

"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
  --George W. Bush
Lymfada

Member #214

Apr 17, 2005 22:54

But you can be fired for drugs, and by the way yes you can be fired for smoking. If a company policy forbids smoking on company property and you are caught you can and will be fired. Its not that you are smoking per se but that you violate a company policy by doing it on company property even if you are on your own time.

Lym
Sword
Ishamael

Member #142

Apr 19, 2005 20:51

I've never been in a situation where I had the opportunity/desire to test that, so, I'll trust you on that. Tongue

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
  --George W. Bush
  When, Mr. Bush? When did you turn?
Lymfada

Member #214

Apr 19, 2005 21:20

lol I have, two companies one a restraunt has a no smoking policy. If you as an employee are caught smoking on company property you will be terminated. Now you are not fired for smoking but for breaking a company policy. Even though they allow smoking for patrons, is pretty wacked but alas true. Personally I think anyone that would allow a game to interfere with RL has more issues than a game.

Lym
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 25, 2024 2:33 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022