Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 20:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Why realitysend?

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Ash10

Member #3

Jan 4, 2005 9:01
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am one of the lucky few who came here from Kinak's....ah, yes, both Mint and MadGoblin remeber that, I think.

Plus, I am member number 3...following the 2 brothers, so I am the most important.

Memeber of Derelict Studios
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 4, 2005 13:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Remember? Ashie-boy, I still have Kinak's entire PokeBattle website at my GeoCities page, exactly where it has been since Kinak let me have it. Lol. It all turned out to be too much for me after a while (ie: I thought everyone wrote out detailed turns like I did), but it turns out that most people just realy, really, REALLY sucked at it. So, since the REL had pretty much taken over the battle/turns and stuff, I just said, "Oops, GeoCities went smashie. It gone, go to RE instead." Big Smile
  Yeah, 'tis still all here in its entirity.

Lol. One of the ones that came from Kinak's? Don't you mean, like, the only one? I mean, weren't you? Wavey Mouth

"But you'll kill us all!"
  "But ice cream cake!"
  - The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror XV
Ash10

Member #3

Jan 5, 2005 12:19
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I might just be the only one....bleh, I am SPECIAL.

Just looking at that list of members...damn, look at all the stuff I had. I have like a 8 or 10 Bulbasaurs. I loved writing those turns, but it just sorta died.

All hail Kinak's in its Greatness
  I would do some fo thos FtRPG command thingies, except I don't know how. So hailing Kinak's greatness will have to do.

Rook

Member #112

Jan 5, 2005 21:19
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* fabricates a HailKinaksGreatness for Ashie to worship with *
  * gives Ash10 a HailKinaksGreatness *

There! I still think REL is the best, but here ya' go!

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 5, 2005 21:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Umm, Ash, that's what the FtRPG console is for. You don't have to know anything.

* uses Smash on Ash10 with a Telepsychic for failing to realize the ease of FtRPG *

You know, I just thought...didn't the vast majority of people who found Reality's End find it through R.E. League?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 6, 2005 2:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Why do ya think I refuse to get rid of it? It still brings 'em in, although apparently not to the forums Slanted Mouth

* uses Mallet on LieutenantEagle with an AnotherKinakReference for dare mocking an elder like Ash, although he should have done this to Rook for still not grasping the concept of the bang system which would have allowed him to do that give in one action *

Oh great, someone mentioned Kinak's again. Whenever that happens, a whole bunch goes on 'bout bringing it back.
  Problem is, I usually say something around the lines of "Too bad I don't have the old RE League code to do that anymore," 'cause I recently found out that I do in fact still have the Angelfire RE League cookie 'n' cream/query code to make Kinak's work.
  Well, something like it at least Dot Mouth since 90% of people could not write turns.
Sword
Ash10

Member #3

Jan 6, 2005 9:15

* Because MintMan said I should make fun of Rook, throws a HailKinaksGreatness at Rook *
  I think I got it.

Anyway, the one problem with that old little battle systerm is that I could defeat someone in my little battle. They could defeat me in there little battle. Then, we had to decided who beat the s*** out of each other more. Kinda wierd...but we still loved it.

Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 6, 2005 16:57

Yeah, Kinak's ruled. And then, he got a job. So I took it over, with the sole intent of the take over being that I had to become the first of the Elites. Oh, I so over powered that game with my "dude, you rule" turn writing ability/leveling up-ness.

* Because he wanted to be the one to punish Rook for bang incompetency, uses ManiacRage on Rook with a WoodenStick *

Anyhoo, Kinak's sure did rule. I think there should be an official Kinak's Day! It would be that time of year that... um... Kinak's awesome game died, which, of course, if duely recorded in that site or my emails which I never threw away from him.

If only there were some way to bring it back but different and cooler... and if that way also gave people the ability to write Slanted Mouth

"Chubby? I'm not chubby! This here is fat!"
  - Coop, Low Brow... er, Megas XLR
Sword
Ash10

Member #3

Jan 6, 2005 17:20

Maybe we could raise money to send everyone to school. Or, I can take my english book and scan the pages in, and you can buy the pages for a small fee. That would work.

The Kinak's official day would be a great idea. Maybe we can make RE have a Kinak welcome page or something...
  * To demonstrate knowledge, and help MintMan, fabricates a KinakWelcomePage for use by Kinak's Day *

Sword
Link_1

Member #56

Jan 6, 2005 21:49
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Found This from Lemmy Land.Been about(if memory serves right)2 years since I came.

There is the possibility of displaying 4 different signatures. This is one of them
Dragonlord2235

Member #213

Jan 11, 2005 18:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't think I found this because of LL, although I did see his White Ice Castle Gym. I found it because of the Battling Dragons on Tek's Yoshi Station a while ago. Then I signed up as Zircean01, then got disinterested, reinterested, and now here I am again. Yay.

Oh, and vosotros is the informal way of saying ustedes. I don't think there is an informal nosotros. But there is an informal usted, which is tú. Big Smile * fabricates an a SpanishDictionary *

Please help my Battling Dragon, Zircean! Go to this page to visit my familair's page and give him more experience! Thanks for helping out!

[Editted by Dragonlord2235 on Jan 11, 2005 18:07]
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Jan 11, 2005 23:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You know, Dragonlord, you are right....good job. On the downside, I need that dictionary more than you do.

* uses BombSwipe on Dragonlord2235's a spanishdictionary *

I know I will sound like an incompetent n00b, but what exactly is Kinak's...something of something about? Is it an aeon-old gym or something?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Jan 12, 2005 24:12

Go Google searches of sites! Old REL Topic'd!

It was a Pokémon e-mail RPG ran by a dude named Kinak. It was very well done for its simplicity, and its only real downfall was that people cannot write well... yeah.

Since Jackdaw mopped up the place and Kinak got a job, he was allowed to take it over. Shortly after, I instituted the REL Link Battler to allow idiots who could not write to use an REL Battle Simulation instead, which was really more for the benefit of the turn raters than the players.

"I do not have a girlfriend. I just know a girl who would kill me if she heard me say that." - Mitch Hedberg
Ishamael

Member #142

Jan 27, 2005 24:42

My friend, Megamaster, suggested I try REL as I was extremely bored, and since then I've been here on and off (about 3 years, I think)

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
  --George W. Bush
  OK then. . .
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 27, 2005 12:25
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was just looking through the stuff from Kinak's and it looks like it still has potential...

It just needs someone with enough time and the will to drag it kicking and screaming back into existance. Wish I had the time. Smile
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Jan 27, 2005 18:20

Well... yeah, we already know that. As I thought I already had stated, it's all in perfectly working order. The only thing that ever broke for it was the players. They wouldn't write there way out of a bag. I had time, I had the will, I just didn't have the stomach. Those people were utter garbage!

I mean, these people would make you wish someone like Hank would come by. So bad!

"See you in hell, candy boys!"
  - Homer, The Simpsons
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Jan 28, 2005 14:11
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Stomach? Bah!
  I've hung out in AOL's official pokemon chat for hours on end.
  I have edured the worst pseudo-RP in existance!
  I've seen the worst of it and endured it!
  Fabricate yourself an Endure TM! Tongue
MintMan

Member #1

Feb 7, 2005 16:46

Duuuuuuuuude! You were frickin' yo_hi? Zinxs is, like, a legend! It was up there when Hatchlings were rare, and then it joined forces with such accounts as Silver and Draconix to sit there on the ranking list and never budge.... good times.

I was wondering why that account suddenly became re-active Shifty Eyes The less dead-weight, the better, I guess.
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Feb 7, 2005 18:42

Holy sweet moly! You're fruggin' old-school-cool! * gives spitefulheart a virtual CoolPass for deserving it *

I mean, dangs, yo. You have a bigger staked claim to RElderness than most of the current RElders!

Let that be a lesson to you, RElders: you, in truth, suck Tongue

"I'm going to special hell."
  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly
yo_hi

Member #220

Feb 8, 2005 16:17
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

(yes i moved the post)

I found this game while talking to a friend about dragons awhile ago, was playing an online game called runescape then.. (its still there as well, makes me remember old times..).. first adopted pet was my dragon with the account of yo-hi. i gave the dragon to my sister, but aparently she never liked this site..(she changed my e-mail and then made the dragon her's then used my flippin e-mail to adopt another creature.. she tells me this now when she is in collage and i cant yell at her...*glares*)
  i had a gym and the likeing, but i quit for a while, checking on my dragon (or my sisters...blah...to her for not keepingt him trained and stuff..)

Watching the site evolve.. its prety cool from when i was ubsessed with pokemon and would stay up till 1 in the morning leveling the pokemon for my hoped wonderful gym.. and every once in awhile battling one of 4 guy friends who challanged me and would never win (hince why i have such a high rateing..they NEVER gave up...) for my gym i had a story line planned out, and a revolving based website planneed out..(i drew the gym on paint and was trying to figure out the html script for when you just want a single picture on the main picture to be a link...that i never found out how to do..)

then moms computer crashed and burned..didnt have the net for over 2 years... now i'm in high school and commming back to a long lost loved site..and extatic my dragon is still here.. my gym as well, and an okay standing.. i need to read the faq, and catch up on all the new happnings now.

i have a computer again with net, la la la la!
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4 
Apr 23, 2024 20:28 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022