Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 18:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Merry Christmas and a Happening New Year!!!!!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Camo

Member #5

Dec 23, 2004 18:51
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Fat man is coming tonight (Well its friday morning here) and yeah, hope the ol bastard gives you all some great gifts and many a good drunken Christmas and New Years partys for all, young and old!

I am scoring a Big Muff, can't wait to bust out on it tommorrow!

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
Rook

Member #112

Dec 23, 2004 22:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What about Kwanzaa, Hannukah, Ramadan, and--, and--ooohh my head hurts!

In any case, Happy Holidays!

Squidward: "Are you trying to put me in the nuthouse???"

SpongeBob: "No, just into this hole."
Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 24, 2004 24:20
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Crazy time zone differences... It's Thursday night here in Central America, heehee, but Happy Holidays anyways!!

- Cheetarius, Wondering What This Button Does...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 24, 2004 7:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You see, the thing about those other holidays is... they suck. Christmas was the first and best. And, actually, that is a lie.

Those other holidays only got made because of Christian haters, really. They said, "Hey, why should only christians get this day of total bliss? Let's rip off them!" But, really, Christmas has nothing to do with Santa, Jesus, or even Christianity. It's about pagen religions and tradtion. Many of them.

First of all, the holiday is Saturnalia. It gives homage to the Titan of time/the harvest and father to the gods, Cronus/Saturn. When the Romans were being converted to Christianity, they wanted to keep their holiday. Who could blame them? As it is today, everyone's sucky life seems to pick up around this season. So, they just told the Romans to change it to Jesus they hailed rather than Saturn. Of course, to make such reasonable, they said that Jesus was born in December rather than April. But, hey, that's Easter time. Spread the joy.

Well, that's a crash course. After that, other religions, or, as I know them, "whiny bastards", the same type who complain about Christmas trees being in government offices, made less popular and lamer holidays. (no offense to Chanukah, but it is rather new in compaison on the time line... cough)

And, anyways, all that tree decorating was in celebration of the winter solstice and how the days were getting longer or something which was made by the Norse and stuff. The lights (candles then) were, like, for Thor, bows for Freya. All that junk.

Anyhoo, what should be said is "Happy Saturnalia" or whatever that day was called. Well, that was a crash course in "everything bashing". I might as well have said "Hail Zeus". ... meh. Happy times none the less.

"But you'll kill us all!"
  "But ice cream cake!"
  - The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror XV
Lunar_Mage

Member #148

Dec 24, 2004 13:15
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

My festivities started last Sunday Night when I saw the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. 2 Hours and 45 minutes of musical awsomeness combined with awesome special effects. They played music from their album Christmas Eve and Other Stories, and also some from their new christmas album. The special effects, such as pyrotechnics and lasers, were awesome.

"I'm sharpening my knife, kupo!" - Moguo, FFIX
Kal

Member #127

Dec 24, 2004 16:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Scoring a Big Muff. If only you new how that translates to British slang...

*giggle*

Happy annual winter festivities everyone!

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 24, 2004 17:00
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 24, 2004 16:22, Kal said:

Scoring a Big Muff. If only you new how that translates to British slang...

*giggle*

Happy annual winter festivities everyone!

Heh, American too bud. I laughed and discussed this at length with Boyo, before getting more rum and coke. urbandictionary.com Camo. Check it out. Dont feel like linking.

* fabricates a Muff for the amusement of all *

The boys of Liverpool, When we safely landed, Called myself a fool; I could no longer stand it; Blood began to boil, Temper I was losin', Poor ould Erin's isle They began abusin', "Hurrah my soul," sez I, My shillelagh I let fly; Some Galway boys were by, Saw I was a hobble in, Then with a loud hurray, They joined in the affray. We quickly cleared the way, For the rocky road to Dublin.
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 24, 2004 21:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* uses Steal on VinnyD's Muff before anyone else sees * Quit yer Muff talk! What about the youngin's? Shifty Eyes Wait, the blutty 'el do I care?

And sadly, Brito-American slang is prolly just the same as our resident Aussie Camo's. Yes, that is what he meant. He is Camo, after all.

One thing you missed about Christmas is that they never said Jesus was born on Christmas day. All documentation on the event says rather clear that it was a cave (yes, a cave) and in spring. Thanks to modern science, we actually know the exact date of the event, what being I do believe Jupiter becoming unusually bright in 6 BC, which is ironically when Jesus was born due to a misprediction of an Emperor's reign when coming up with that whole dating thing Dot Mouth

Old Christianity, being the pimps they are unlike the newer breed, just said to celebrate the Advent on the Solstice since it is the shortest day of the year and thus when the days start to become longer. They never intended to move his birthday, but not having an exact date themselves, they really did not care. All they wanted to do was not offend other cultures and welcome them to the flock with warm, fuzzy assimilation.
  ... and then we have those missions today. Sorta spit all over that method, di'n't they?

But all else is true. The Christmas tree is actually representative of Yggdrasil, the Norse World Tree. Most of the lore around Saint Nick comes from Odin, whom children would leave stockings full of hay for as he flew around at night on his eight legged steed, Sleipnir.

The most Christian thing about Christmas is actually its name. It was also about the slaves being the masters for one day of the year. It was really materialistic, so I tell you never to forget the true meaning of Christmas -- presents!

Ain't history a hoot?
Sword
Kal

Member #127

Dec 25, 2004 4:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Did you know that bored Norse reindeer farmers used to take magic mushrooms and see flying reindeer? That's where it comes from.

VISIT

HOOGLE
  S
EPPLES!

MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 25, 2004 8:41

Really, Kal? That's pretty interesting... I mean, I thought that Camo was an Aussie Tongue Big Smile

"Thank you, Spanky San, for giving Ling-Ling honor in hat form."
  - Drawn Together
Camo

Member #5

Dec 26, 2004 24:15

Yes, I know what a 'muff' is.

*foots his big muff for amusement*

Its also a really awesome distortion pedal. Imported from America, you American's are good with muff!

c**t me up scotty
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 18:16 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022