Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 23:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Forums Got Beated!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
draggy1234

Member #97

Dec 4, 2004 15:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I didn't know about Hated's "painting submission", but I did watch his posts on these forums. If I remember correctly, he was complaining about the lack of "avatars" or something... Slanted Mouth

I don't use any random sigs, so I don't have an opinion.

EDIT: He has a faulty gym too, right?

[Editted by draggy1234 on Dec 4, 2004 15:48]
Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 4, 2004 16:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

If he does, he's not the only one. Speaking of Gyms, something should be done about all the ones that don't work even though they're listed as activated, Minty. Tongue And you folks need to start harassing me to change my website, so I actually get around to doing it...

You may call me... Slackimus Maximus!

- Cheetarius, Brought To You Fresh By Wal*Mart...

[Editted by Cheetarius on Dec 5, 2004 14:18]
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 5, 2004 9:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

There are a lot of faulty gyms, as always, that need to be cleaned up by the script, but Chaosknightlord's should have been removed a long time ago -- out of spite!

He thought that he would be able to put a JavaScript prompt on his page that contained every password to every member. So, not only did he think he should have access to every account's password, he also believed that hiding it in the page source would keep anyone who wanted from just seeing it Sweat Drop Moron.

* picks a virtual CatNip if no one else is going to *

He also complained about Nidhogg's color... in the classics forum.

"Is he dead?" - Brak
  "He was when I killed him." - Zorak
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 6, 2004 24:25
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow. And I thought I was stupid.

By the way, the title of Slackimus Maximus belongs to me! I slack more than you know.

* picks a virtual CatNip *

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Sword
Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 7, 2004 11:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Speaking of slackers... and gyms, I rule all with no updates in over a year and minimal work on my future gym. Especially since it's not like I don't have time, I'm just lazy. I go in creative spurts, I'll spend hours on it in one day, then not touch it for a month. But if MintMan is planning to actually spend some time on it, I'll have to polish my story up and get my futuregym released.
  * in, celebration of my, uh, laziness picks a virtual CatNip *

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve
Sword
Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 7, 2004 17:28
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Pfft, Batt, only a year? The only change that I've made to my website in three years (at least) is to promise over and over again that I'm going to change something. Tongue I believe the contest of slackiness is over, w/ myself as the obvious winner. ^^

BTW, Mint, I got my PSAT scores today. Frown I did better than almost all of my friends, which they've been telling me I would. They're always accusing me of being smart, but I always tell them (truthfully) that I feel like the biggest idiot in school. The official tally is a 65 in Critical Reading (where I scored higher than 98% of my fellow sophomores), a 60 in math (91%), and a 76 in Writing Skills (99%). Overall, I had a Selection Index of 201 (scoring higher than 96% of the college-bound juniors who took the test at my school). The only reason I couldn't get a National Merit Scholarship was become I'm still a flipin sophomore.

AAARGHHHH! This just made my life a lot harder... Now how am I supposed to get it across to them that I feel like a moron? Slanted Mouth

- Cheetarius, Brought To You Fresh By Wal*Mart...
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 7, 2004 18:22
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

* picks a virtual CatNip for SOS ???? *
  Well this seems to be a case of self esteem...and procrastination. So, yea. Get cracking on your gym. Then you'll feel good after you have finished, thus raising your self esteem.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
MintMan

Member #1

Dec 7, 2004 19:52

Self-esteem is for pussies.

No one should ever feel good about themselves ever. Be happy when you are dead; then, at least you have no room for improvement.

Studies show that people are feeling better and better about themselves, thanks largely to these idiotic campaigns they run.
  Problem is, studies also show that people have the least reasons ever for feeling good about themselves. All over, test scores are down, community service is less, physical health -- whoa-ho!

In fact, narcissism in general is on the rise, but all symptoms of it and gradually becoming non-symptoms since psychology is based on society, not, y'know, stupid things like logic.

So do yourself a favor -- hate yourself. Give yourself a good stab once an' a while just to make sure you still feel pain. I know I do.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 7, 2004 22:09

You already got your PSAT score? I didn't get my PSAT score yet, and I took that almost two months ago, now. Of course, I don't qualify for the National Merit Scholarship since I'm also a sophomore.

...I'd probably lose the laziness contest anyway, seeing as I update my website weekly...or try to.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 8, 2004 17:58

Self-esteem? Bah, don't have any of that. Had been self-apathy, but it's quickly becoming self-loathing. Curses...

As for procrastination, I do that a lot. I'm still pretty sure that the grade of 201 is wrong, seeing as I procrastinated my studying for the PSAT so much that it reached the point where IT DID NOT HAPPEN. Strange... Well, that and the fact that people I KNOW are smarter than me (or at least think they are) got a lower score than me. That alone is sheer nonsense. Slanted Mouth

And, I'm pretty sure I'm flunking Geometry because of my stupid teachers ideas that make his grading of our assignments easier. The man teaches straight from the book, for crying out loud, he's useless! Plus, he makes us keep a notebook with all KINDS of idiotic rules. "Put the vocab words at the beginning of your homework (even though you write them in your notes and take quizzes on them)"; "Don't write on the backs of your sheets of paper (it makes it oh so hard for me to have to flip them over to look at the rest of your work)"; and all sorts of other stupid little things that make me HATE HIM. And I'm starting to rant, so I'm going to stop right now.

- Cheetarius, Wondering What This Button Does...
boyachi

Member #92

Dec 8, 2004 18:54

it isn't until this year in college that I haven't had a math teacher that taught from the book. The class is really easy, but it is actually interesting. Yet now I have this book that I never used....

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 8, 2004 19:26

How was it, again, that this topic started out on Forum inferiority and changed to people sezzin' how lazy they were Question Mark

So, I guess I'm the procrastinator for not pointing this out sooner. Topic unification'd!!! That seems to deserve a treat!

* consumes an entire large food stuff object which actually turns out to be a computer lab monitor that appeared as such in his delusional state of sleep deprivednesses *

"... Vampire cheerleader."
  RRRRRRRR
  "... regular cheerleader?"
  RRRRRRRR
  "This thing's busted!"
  - Jamie and a food replicator, Megas XLR
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 8, 2004 21:45

Gee, Cheet, you're a sophomore and in GEOMETRY? I'm taking Pre-Calculus right now! And Geometry was one of the easiest classes ever. Well, you have a pathetic teacher whilst I learned geometry over the 7th-8th grade summer, so...guess that's what makes the difference.

At any rate, I just realized that no matter how much I try to get rid of my habit of procrastination, the habit holds. I still haven't done anything for a project that's due 12/14...and come to think of it, I still haven't done my Psychology homework...and it's 6:44 P.M. according to my clock.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything. -President Dubya

Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 9, 2004 24:36

About the faulty gyms: I agree. Kill them all. (By the way, mine is up, just finished it about half an hour ago)

About Mint's comment about self esteem: Interesting point, but don't say that to someone who's somewhat suicidal or is depressed. It would lead to a much higher suicide rate.

Hmm...on the laziness scale. I think I'm almost last on that. I've been doing some pretty intensive work lately and giving myself insommnia, so. . . about .00001 out of 10

Random sigs are awesome. It lets me not manually have to put in new Bushisms. Big Smile

My most important job is to defend the homeland, to protect innocent Americans from the deaths of the killers.
  --Geroge W. Bush
  Boggle So, you protect Bin Ladin and his terrorists then?
VinnyD

Member #9

Dec 9, 2004 7:13
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Dec 8, 2004 21:45, LieutenantEagle said:

Gee, Cheet, you're a sophomore and in GEOMETRY? I'm taking Pre-Calculus right now! And Geometry was one of the easiest classes ever.

See LE, you have one of those rarities in life I like to call motivation. Might be a byproduct of overcoming the obstacles you've faced in your life. Either way, don't get too judgemental of Cheet, or other people who don't have that initiative. I fall in and out of it, but that's the way a lot of things go for me. Minty and Gobbo? Consider if they had it, and still have it too. Even when I work now, its not chasing money, though that'd probably be useful.

The boys of Liverpool, When we safely landed, Called myself a fool; I could no longer stand it; Blood began to boil, Temper I was losin', Poor ould Erin's isle They began abusin', "Hurrah my soul," sez I, My shillelagh I let fly; Some Galway boys were by, Saw I was a hobble in, Then with a loud hurray, They joined in the affray. We quickly cleared the way, For the rocky road to Dublin.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 9, 2004 17:25

Lol, LE, it's not what I'm doing; that's the school's curriculum. All the sophomores this year are taking Geometry, unless (like a few) they've had courses over the summer and skipped a class level.
   Also, I didn't say Geometry was hard. The material is incredibly easy to understand; my problem resides with the teacher, who proved today what an effin moron he is. Bah, but I'm not even going to START on him, I'll end up ranting like last post.

Good point, Gobbo... When did we start going in the other direction on this topic? Oh well. Tongue

- Cheetarius, Lurking On A Website Near You...
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 9, 2004 18:43

I just got my PSAT score.

Critical Reading - 59
  Math - 69 (boo)
  Writing Skills - 73
  TOTAL - 201

This is a rather pathetic score...for me.

Also, I didn't say I was judging Cheetarius, I was just surprised you were taking Geometry. Darned school curriculums.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Border relations between Mexico and Canada have never been better." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 9, 2004 19:56

Dude, it is a quite popular topic of discussion on these boards how radically different and unfair cirriculum is across school districts.

What is worse is that some school district coughminecough will simply not let people take advanced classes out of apathy for the students. They refuse to even consider you for any sort of advanced place -- what little exists -- and deny the event ever occured years later.

I wouldn't sweat it, tho'. High school calc students end up eating it hard when they get to a real, college course. My first year of real college, I was in Calc II, and half the class was all AP in high school but morons now, just because they were not taught simple things like integration Laughing Suckers!
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 9, 2004 23:00

Wait, wait...are you saying that high school AP Calculus classes don't learn anything? That's not the kind of responses I'm hearing from the people in my dad's AP Calculus AB and BC classes...or am I having problems interpreting what you are saying?

Also, I am extremely dissatisfied with my school district. The only AP classes that they offer in my school are AP foreign languages, AP Calculus, AP English, and...that's about it. NO AP SCIENCES!!! It would be quite nice for me, if I am planning to enter a good Biology college, to actually have the AP Bio test on my record?

...But I'll stop ranting now.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 10, 2004 11:47

You really aren't that bad off, LE. Geometry in Jr. High!? My school only really offers the standard required classes and a small assortment of electives (most involving Ag or FACS). Pre-Algebra or Algebra I for freshmen and up, Geometry starting at sophmore, Algebra II as juniors, and senior math, which is like pre-Calc and pre-Trig rolled into one, for (who else) seniors. The only AP classes are Senior English and my school's only foreign language, Spanish (which I refuse to take).
  Really though, it's no surprise that my school offers so little. Our class sizes average about 25, with about 7 per class on the A honor roll. I should have a 4.0 (for whatever its worth) and be top in my class, but I'm lazy and bored with most of my classes. I rarely pay attention in class, often forget my homework, but still ace my tests to keep me on the honor roll. I'm actually screwed when I get to college because I'll be faced with challenging classes and I have no study skills.
  Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna sound like I'm bragging.. or complaining. Plus I'm sure there's someone here whose school is/was worse.

If you think "fast food" is hitting a deer at 65 miles an hour, you might be a redneck.

If you think N'Sync is where your dirty dishes are, you might be a redneck. ~Jeff Foxworthy
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
Apr 18, 2024 23:24 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022