Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 1:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Forums Got Beated!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3 
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 13, 2004 4:17
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was just checkin' my site stats, when something became obvious right away -- the forums were not the most-viewed feature of recent time! The R.E. League was! The Forums have owned that list (next to the BD Adoptable Image script, of course) for the longest time. I hope it is a sign of less spammier days ahead...

But what the Hel? R.E. League?! I'ma flabbergasted! If people are using it with that kinda numbers, I might have to, you know, finish it... sometime.... when I'm not lazy Shifty Eyes

Other surprises were the Artwork page (something on it must be leeching off of a popular Google search) and for the first time ever, Endless Night's Dream. w00t! The drive to beat-down Blizzard is just too great!
  Also, there were quite a bit of views for bestiary voting. Hows about that? 'Bout time people startin' using that.
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 13, 2004 13:56
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, when you think about it, I guess there really are just less people coming to the forums. I mean, I don't think I've seen Tupper around for a while or... someone else?

But, wow, the REL? That ones really a shocker. I mean, I thought that place died... a long time ago... when that bomb when off... in a box.

You have that much junk in yer art area? Huh... well, then again, I should know first hand the weird things that people Google for. I mean, so many people find NQH who completely did not want to find it.

Lair of Mad Goblin - Because sanity is a chore.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 13, 2004 14:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow...I was truly expecting Battling Dragons to be the number one on the list.

Which one was the worst of all of them, Shadow Aura or Stuff?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

Ice

Member #46

Nov 13, 2004 14:50
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

What is NQH?

* class changes to Dragoon while I wait for an answer *

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Nov 13, 2004 16:30
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

NQH= Not Quite Heroes. It's Gobbo's comic and has been for... a really long time.

REL? I pretty much forgot it's existance. Nervous There just must be a new wave of poke fans out there or something.

Wow, I just realized how unupdated the art section is. It says Halloween 2003 is still new. That should probably be changed.

[Editted by SailorSassyStar on Nov 13, 2004 16:32]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 13, 2004 17:06
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Probably associated with the not-so-long-ago release of Pokémon Colosseum?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

boyachi

Member #92

Nov 14, 2004 2:19

My guess is probably the release of fire red and leaf green. Since it is basically RBY all over again. I guess that means that I should buy more stuff for my GSC gym and add more battles.

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 14, 2004 10:29

Fire/Leaf! I never thought of that as a reason.

No, SSS, the artwork page is quite correct. The 2003 image from Halloween is new... new to the Artwork page. I went for about a year without putting my old splash pages on it, so that "New" label is quite correct; it was in fact added in the last wave.

Shadora, strangely enough, has had a surprise hit amount this month -- very far from the bottom it normally dwells at. I think it goes a little something... like-a this:
  "What is that thing, yo? Duuuude, I think it is one of them Shadow-thing dudes in the side bar, yo... dude. I fo-sheezy forgitibout that thing. I bet sumthin new wuz added to it, yodudeyo. *click* .... no... no it was not. I best be leavin' now, y'all!"

Since when did such English-incompetent morons start to visit my site Wavey Mouth At any rate, only the index showed any major activity, so I am going to assume click-and-leaves is all I was getting.

At any rate, BD, I assume and always shall, is the biggest draw of my site. I was referring to -- with this topic -- page views and visits. Battling Dragons does not have anything rapid-action for which a member can visit repeatedly.
  I mean, challenge or respond to a challenge -- that can bring a person in once a week if I am lucky.

The lowest numbers always belong to the junk shoved away in the Stuff area. It gets, like, tens of views a month... well, 'teens of views Slanted Mouth Boy that stuff sucks... and it is supposed to... so.... good... I guess.
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 14, 2004 14:50

Um, what about checking the progress of a tournment or battle to see if you should change your next few moves? That is what I do...but then, it is I that we are talking about. Shame there aren't any new gyms or gyms finished that never had anything for them when they were added to the list.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Ishamael

Member #142

Nov 17, 2004 23:23

Wow. . . REL beat the Forums?

Amazing . . . I thought I was one of the last few people who actually cared about that.

*Hopes that this means GSC will be finished*

And I agree that there have been less people on the Forums lately. I haven't been here much since June/July of 2004 and considering the 3-4 months of no visits, the forums haven't changed as much as I would expect. Of course, since REL had a serious fall in popularity recently, and is now just recovering (If it really is), and the regular REL forum and the Gym leader forum are the only 2 I've ever spent much time in, I haven't seen much activity in a LONG time.
Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 2, 2004 17:24
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow, REL = top-dog? I haven't bothered with that in goodness knows how long. Most of what I've been doing has been BD and END. But, then again, what I do can't be applied to the general masses. Tongue As for the whole idea of fewer people coming to the Forums, I don't know. I still come in every once in a while to read, but I rarely post. You lot should feel very thankful that I've chosen to grace this topic with my presence. xP

Meh, but I feel like a slacker. I really need to come by here more often to keep up to date on things...

- Cheetarius, Spamming The Known Universe...
MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 2, 2004 21:24

Holy bo-jolie! 'Tis the Cheet! * plants a virtual CatNip tree to keep the elusive feline here at RE and drugged outta his mind! *

Anyhoo, the Forums really have been taking a hit. The resurgance of Cheet kinda reminds me of this. I mean, do any of these names sound familiar?

• Evenfall, KawaKami, Ash10, dracon, Mace Windu, Lee Tupper, Akira, Hated, Chiriru Mai...

... wait, scratch those last two Big Smile

"But you'll kill us all!"
      "But ice cream cake!"
      - The Simpsons, Treehouse of Horror XV
    Sword
  • Ishamael

Member #142

Dec 2, 2004 22:43

Well...I've seen a lot of their posts, but then again I spent a lot of time going through the archives. So much interesting stuff was happening back then. . . Now the forums don't change for over a day at a time sometimes. . .

"We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end."
      --George W. Bush
    Battalon127

Member #25

Dec 3, 2004 11:07

On Dec 2, 2004 21:24, MadGoblin said:

Evenfall, KawaKami, Ash10, dracon, Mace Windu, Lee Tupper, Akira,Hated, Chiriru Mai...

Wait, I am remembering...
      Wow. I remember some of these people from my days of little-postage, much-readage. I remember I never really wanted to reply 'cause I was worried I'd say something stupid.
      Now, however, the forums are in quite a slump, but given the amount of idiotic postings of late (late being the last year or so), that is probably a good thing. I haven't had much time to visit lately, and it is nice not to have a bunch of crap to sort thru when I do stop by.

The worst way of flying, I think, is standby. You ever fly standby? It never works. That's why they call it standby. You end up standing there going, "Bye." ~Jerry Seinfeld
    Cheetarius

Member #10

Dec 3, 2004 17:40

I recognize all the names on that list, Gobbo, except for Hated. I think I remember hearing complaints about him in the Leetz forum, tho.

Y'know, I had no idea we were undergoing inundation with noobs... I really do need to pay more attention. This FtRPG thing is also interesting, but I can kind of remember seeing that around (just never took more than a cursory glance). Odd how much you miss when you stop looking around you. Tongue Another thing I've noted (and already implemented) that is really cool is the randomized signatures, which I need to add to.

Wow, that was completely off tangent.

- Cheetarius, Spamming The Known Universe...
    MadGoblin

Member #2

Dec 3, 2004 17:57

Holy! Batt is a 2-year-REer? Wow. How the time flies. I guess you would remember the bulk of them.

Yeah, I know a lot of those names listed are just those in a temporary flux of non-posting (I hope Shifty Eyes ), but that's what was said about so many others (I... I think. I can't really be expected to remember people that I forgot. It'd be contradictory!). I mean, there are 210 members signed up for this board, and how many do we see on a regular, if not bi-monthly, basis?

Heh. Yeah, that would be Hated, aka: ChaosKnightLord or something of that stuff. He's kind of a mixed package, tho', like ol' Crazy Mai, for, without them, we would have nothing to become classic in saying like, well, a Crazy Mai or Uranium Golem! Laughing (okay, there's a lot of inside joke with that one, largely involving a demonstration of magnetic forces in a Physics class)

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
    MintMan

Member #1

Dec 3, 2004 22:23

Funny thing is that the forums really are not inactive; last year, 2003, they were just more active than usual. This is sorta where they are supposed to be.

Problem now is that we do not have the interesting blokes like Ryuujin 'round any more. He rocked hard, sure, but he also had a lot of stupid stuff said, too, but he was always at least interesting.

Ah, Hated. No one who lived for so short a time made so great an impact on the forums. He just sucked a lot. I mean, how many people can try to submit a Battling Dragons creature using a scan of a famous painting?

PS: Random sigs rock.

"Alcoholism is a disease, but it is the only disease you can get yelled at for having." - Mitch Hedberg
    Zedd

Member #76

Dec 4, 2004 1:43
    Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hated was funny. He called himself hated, but he should probably have been called hateful... I think I read that somewhere before, actually... Just out of interest, what was the painting?

Random sigs do rock

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

Satsujinken, Katsujinken

MintMan

Member #1

Dec 4, 2004 13:24

It was a Kraken that -- aside from being too good and far too detailed for anything other than a large, canvas, oil painting -- I easily recognized from a sea monster book owned by my brother!

He was all like "What? Fine, if you don't want my help..."
      I would like to know exactly how a single image would help Battling Dragons at all. Aside from being stolen, that single pic would not be able to be all forms and spells of the Kraken, but apparently I was the one at fault Shifty Eyes

I wonder if he ever did anything via e-mail that the rest of you blokes never got to hear in much about... I should check the Elder's forum topic all about Hated.
      Yes, he merited his own topic there. Betcha wondered what all us old fogeys were doin' in there, didn'tcha Wink

"People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." - Scrubs
    LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Dec 4, 2004 15:32

I didn't even know the story with Hated...until now. Quite interesting. I mean, if you can't draw (like me), then just don't enter.

Random sigs don't rock, they pwn!

LieutenantEagle
      President of the SMFC
      Super Mario Fan Club
      -----------
      The best Mario club, only for the best Mario fans!
    <- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
    Page:  1  2  3 
    Mar 29, 2024 1:44 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022