Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Sep 25, 2020 23:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Veteran's Day

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 11, 2004 11:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Happy Veteran's Day to all of you, and to any of your family members who are war veterans. For me, that would mean congratulating my grandfather, who was wounded more than once in World War II.

Incidentally, why didn't we have a Veteran's Day BD Tournament? I know you may be unwilling to start tournaments right with Thanksgiving coming up, but if it was a small, 7-day tourney, there would be no problem whatsoever.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 11, 2004 11:50
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

So, a tournament celebrating those who fought in a war? I think the last thing most any veteran wants to see is more fighting, you know? They say the biggest pacifists are those who have actually seen war.

My grand pappie was in the war. I'm sure how much fighting he did, but he was in the east for so long he hates fish Lick

* class changes to Dancer so that he can proper celebrate the day with some jiggy moves * Get down, ow!

* As promised, uses Dance in celebration *

If this made sense, I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 11, 2004 18:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You seemed to have left out our other, less living grandfather, you moron you.

He did not talk about his war experience... at all. Why? He saw things worst than combat for most of his time. Faaaaar worse. What could that possibly be, one might ask?
  He was stationed in the Philipines... in a hospital... sanitarium. War can mess people up, and he had to see all the different ways.

But mostly, there was not a tournament because.... I... didn't make one. Blutty 'el, people, there ain't a fight for every freakin' foot-note on the calendar! Typically, only relic-able holidays count.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Sep 25, 2020 23:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2020