Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 6:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Halo 2 Craze

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 9, 2004 15:45
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I've heard that there have been people who have skipped work and school just to play "Halo 2" today. I'm kind of lost on what exactly is going on and what kind of game "Halo 2" is, so could someone please help clear things up for me?
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 9, 2004 15:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Halo is why the XBOX is sometimes referred to as the Halobox. Halo is a FPS for XBOX that people have gone crazy over, millions of copies sold, here is its sequel. That is what Halo2 is. You should know about all these cool M rated games, especially since GTA SAN AN came out recently. HELLO!!!! ANY GAMERS OUT THERE? Tongue

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Blade

Member #99

Nov 9, 2004 19:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I got SAN AN. Its good but you have to be in to ganster. And no I havent played halo. .Whats the deal with Xbox anyway???
  Ps2 shall always be my fave

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming....
  *Woah! What a ride!* !

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 9, 2004 22:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

GameCube all the way, w00t!...well, maybe DS when it comes out.

People skipping school and work just to play Halo 2? Well, it's the only good thing on X-B*x, so, if you don't have anything better....

...Incidentally, I have an X-Box but I don't play it. I'm thinking of selling it and using the profits to buy a DS...or just saving the money for a rainy day.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan airport." -President Dubya

MintMan

Member #1

Nov 9, 2004 22:44

Simple. XBox sucks.

I am not one of those XBox haters for the sake of being anti-Microsoft or just an unconventional gaming company; I hate XBox 'cause it just plain sucks. I hate a whole lotta stuff and make sure I have damn good reasons for it.

"Best stats" are often misleading. Sure, XBox has the most speed. Clock speed. All you comp sci folks out there will know that's for crap.

Example: computer C and computer R perform at 1000 and 400 operations per second, respectively. Which is better? If you said C with 1000 operations, then you, sir, are an idiot!

To do addition, X = Y + Z, computer C may have to first load Y, add Z to Y, and then store that value in the address of X. That is three operations to do additions. Computer R could get the whole thing done in one operation of addition. So, if each machine had, say, six-fifths of a second to do addition operations, C would only get 400 off (1200/3) while R would get 1000.

Moreover, physical distance also has a lot to do with speeds. Sure, it is just nanoseconds, but when you are operating at gigahertz speed, that can matter, especially when the system is nothing more than a mess of wires connected much like a three-years-old boy would.

The lesson learned? XBox sucks. There are only some examples as to what is wrong with it; there is plenty more on a completely architectural view only. Fortunately for MS, their audience consists of stupid people that see big numbers and think "Der, good!" Well, it ain't.

From a design point of view, GC is super-top-notch. That thing was, like, developed since 1990 and made soooo perfect.
Camo

Member #5

Nov 10, 2004 1:38
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Xbox is cool, I think all game consoles are f***en awesome, but only own a GC of the new age consoles, Halo1 was pretty sweet, but I've heard a lot of bad news about Halo2, I remember the worst part of Halo1 where when you fought the Flood, and apparently instead of 25% of the game being based on the flood, 50% is, now that seems like a major let down to me, but I also heard you get to use the covenent, that sounds pretty rad to me, if its like 2 player, one uses cheif and one uses covenent guy that would be awesome (like in co op mode).
  Halo is an incredible game, but still I think over rated, I would buy it if I had an Xbox, and would buy an Xbox for Halo if Xbox werent so incredibly expensive.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 10, 2004 12:05

I dun know much about Halo, mainly because 1) It's an Xbox game and I don't really care, and 2) It's a new game, and I don't know anything about them Dead

The only thing I know about it is that Penny Arcade or the likes made some sort of crack about all of the levels being the same or something... I can't really remember. FPS don't do it for me, less its Wolfenstein. I like to be able to see who I'm controlling, and that the who has a nice femme backside Lick

"I hope they've improved the secondary graphics processor. It makes the ... backgrounds look better."
  - Goat discussing the newest volley ball game on Megas XLR
Ice

Member #46

Nov 10, 2004 12:57
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Halo (the original) isn't a new game, and you can see your character (although minus the feminine ass)

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 11, 2004 10:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I concur with MintMan...if you people think I'm a person who's like "GCN rules => X-Box doesn't", I'm not. I never knew about the architectural point of view (well, now I do), but all I could obviously see is that the game is more than definitely directed towards teens and up. If I were a parent, I would certainly not let my child get an X-Box - even in the teens - because there is nothing all that great about constant violence and killing.

"But you 'kill' Goombas when you jump on them!" you say. Mayhaps this is true, but at least it is neither realistic nor extremely graphic. Moreover, it is made in such a way that most children will simply get a laugh out of it.

Now if we could just get Mace Windu to understand that GameCube is not falling...that guy told me that Nintendo is steadily declining! His proof?

According to Newsweek Magazine, in 1998 Nintendo owned a quarter of the U.S. video-game market and sold five of the top ten videogames of the time. In 2003, Nintendo had a much smaller market share and only two top ten games.

He asked me how I would respond to this, and you can read my answer at the Mario Q&A. What are your comments, incidentally - if anything wise, I'll post them as well.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 11, 2004 11:45

A "new game" means a game not for SNES. My library after this point steadily drops to nothing. That is what I meant, Ice. Older games were more about fun while the newer ones are more about graphics and... other ... stuff?
  That, and I seemed to suddenly lose any source of income. I'm really not sure how that happened, but now I can't even buy a game unless its at a flea market and... ten years old.

Lol, Lwty, that's just great. Mace used that as proof? "See, only two of the top ten games. Ooh! It's sucking up a storm." Yeah, that's such a failure Tongue

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 11, 2004 20:19

Hey, it's not my fault Windu's such an idiot.

Regarding the graphics being focused on, that is precisely why we have so few good games like Final Fantasy 3 or Chrono Trigger. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is great, but graphics fanatics will utterly bomb the game because they don't care about how great the storyline and humor is, but all they care is the quality of the graphics.

To me, the thing that mattered, and always will matter, most, is the game itself. If a game has excellent graphics, it will earn brownie points but will not win me the respect of the game if the gameplay is pathetic.

I don't know the story of Halo 2, though - well, it's already ruled out since it's an X-B*x game, but still, can the people at the X-B*x headquarters think of any good plotlines?

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  All your base are belong to us.

writer77

Member #4

Nov 13, 2004 14:53

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here.

Eh, Halo's a good game in multiplayer, but the single player mode is lacking when compared to most other good games. I haven't played single player Halo 2 much, but it looks like it's pretty much the same, just shorter and with more vehicle mayhem.

Endless Horizon
  "You're full of nothing!"
  -Talim
Camo

Member #5

Nov 13, 2004 15:37

Hmm... I really enjoyed playing Halo 1 in 2 player co op, never really liked vs' as I suck at shootemups. When I play I usually go in first and go suicidal into the fray, or hoon about in random vehicles and get blown up, then wait for my mate to clear the room so I can respawn!

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
pedrosucks2004

Member #208

Nov 14, 2004 22:53
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

hey LieutenantEagle if i dont get an XBOX for my b-day, i'll take you up on your offer to sell it. as long as the price is reasonable. new XBOX's go for about 130 now.
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 15, 2004 24:25

a n00b! That likes Xbox no doubt! Can we keep it?
  And who knew that the flood was coming back? I'm too lazy to look it up, but you were right...how'd ya know?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Nov 15, 2004 24:59

I know everything.

Naaa some Halo junky was telling me about it.

c**t me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 15, 2004 1:15

Kupos to you, Pedro, for spelling Lieutenant right. However, I am most likely going to keep the X-Box for its value as a DVD player Smile

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Mar 29, 2024 6:01 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022