Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 23:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: USA

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 3, 2004 23:33
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Anyone catch the election? Whatcha think?

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?

[Locked by MintMan on Nov 6, 2004 20:06]
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 3, 2004 23:46
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I am very disappointed by the results. I thought for sure -- as many of us did -- that this would come down to a tooth-and-nail fight to the finish lasting weeks, maybe months. I cannot believe so much of the country is pro-Bush, especially with as many people as there were saying that the main issues at hand were the economy.

Welp, we're boned. Now that he does not have any future terms to worry about, he can drag us into as much wars as he wants.

What's worse is that I did not even get to vote. Frickin' Lorain county has some messed up absentee ballots. I have to send in the registration, have them send the ballot, and then send the ballot back to them all within the three days prior to the election -- how is someone in Massachusetts supposed to get the mail to go that fast on the weekend? Sorry, Nader, but that is one vote ya didn't get.... even tho' he was not even on the Ohio ballot Wavey Mouth

"People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling." - Scrubs
Camo

Member #5

Nov 4, 2004 24:30
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Maybe now you realise why so many people regard to Americans as a bunch of retards. I mean look how your stupid Country voted.

You should enroll WAY before elections, its rather ridiculous that its not a necesaty to vote over there. I'm rather upset with our recent elections getting Howard back in, but its no where near as aweful as having Bush. Bush and Kerry both suck, I mean they wasted 8 MILLION ON CAMPAINING.... WHAT THE F***? How could anyone support someone who spends so much on making themselves look cool. I thought politics was about the better man for running the country being elected, but no, in America its a f***en race to be the coolest before election day.

No offence guys, but your country is the most retarded backwards one ever.

c**t me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 4, 2004 1:37
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Camo, I so totally agree with you.

If you looked at the map, the east coast was blue, the west coast was blue (even though California voted for Schwarzenegger)...and all the states in the center voted for the cowboy Smile

...Well, at least the good thing is that DubyaSpeak will live for four more years. But other than that, I am extremely disappointed with the results.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 4, 2004 10:43

Well, Bush won. I didn't want Kerry to win, but I still can't say I'm happy with the outcome.

Here's the way I see it: both canidates sucked, but at least Bush is against abortion, stem-cell, etc. and will do something about it! Kerry was too spineless to do the right things. Shoot'em up, cowboy prez!

And, yes, at least this will be his last 4 terms, unless he feels that part of the constitution needs amended too! Tongue Hrhr, roffle.

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 4, 2004 12:20

the beauty of it was, Nader wasn't on my ballot either, funny how that works out , don't it? More people should have voted for Nader, but no one thought he had a chance in hell. I didn't. So like the majority of the country, I voted for the lesser of two evils...which lost. I am now glad I have weapons accessible in my room, who knows when I'll need them.

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 4, 2004 15:57
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You might need them when the draft comes around again.

At any rate, Nader wasn't on the Californian ballot either. And Bush better not plan to amend the Constitution to stay for more than four years - I mean, that's totalitarianism. The Republican Party controls all three branches of government already, and I don't want that to last for more than four years.

If the Constitution is amended, the case could be paralleled to what is currently happening in Belarus, my home country. Basically Lukashenko has just made a "referendum" to stay for two more years. His terms were up two years ago, but he made a similar referendum. He won with a vote of 87% of people for him...which was a rigged vote. When young people came out in protest, they were beaten down and silenced....now I fear that Lukashenko is trying to act like Stalin, and that this may all result in civil war. Oh dear....

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend."-President Dubya

Camo

Member #5

Nov 4, 2004 18:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

You have weps in your room Boyachi? Thats disgusting, I hate guns.... unless they are used to shoot alien monster beasts, then guns are cool. But untill Aliens invade our planet or radioctive monsters emerge from peoples feacal matter, humans have no need for guns and s*** exept to kill other humans, and thats uncool.

If you read this sig you should buy Camo a beer
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 4, 2004 19:07

I concur with Camo. Weapons are horrible; I mean, whatever they argue in favor of weapons for "protection" is just stupid. Weapons in households cause more harm than good, because a lot of injuries and deaths are caused by such arms.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end." -President Dubya

draggy1234

Member #97

Nov 4, 2004 19:27
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Could anybody here give me the gist of Kerry's concession speech, if there was anything noteworthy of it? Just out of curiosity, since I didn't get a chance to watch it.
MintMan

Member #1

Nov 4, 2004 21:01

What kind of R-tard are you, Eagle?

"It would suck if Bush amended the Constitution to become a tyrant."
  "Weapons are bad."

Aside from the fact that the President has no power whatsoever to alter the Constitution, that is the reason we have weapons. See, you are a bleeding-heart liberal from what I-ma guessing, but guns are not evil. Crap, man, some people still rely on them to even eat since the modern miracle of the supermarket is not equally enjoyed by everyone.

If someone wants someone else dead, they can try, gun or no gun. Now, I am not saying that I am against measures to make guns harder to get -- bring 'em on, but guns themselves are not wrong. They are just a very convenient scapegoat people like to use to keep up the mindset that humans are capable of no evil.
  Yeah f***in' right.

And Camo, don't blame for the way America turned out. I'm super pro-Nader. When that dude holds a press conference, it looks like a room you would find in your highschool.
  I mean, do you know how much good could be done with the money spent on political campaigns? Those figures you gave were just for the presidential -- there is still a hella lotta more offices that were run for! Maybe we would not be in a defecit if all that money was, y'know, not wasted. I really needed to hear on TV eighty-thousand times that the US would explode if Kerry was elected and that Bush was boggarting his secret button that can fix the economy and make rainbows appear Sweat Drop

Political parties are stupid. Why the crap couldn't people listen to George Washington? Issues only is the way to go. We would not be in this Bush mess if people did not refuse to shake the notion that a third party will never win. I mean, a pro-working class and religious-values-appealing candidate would have completely swept, but we are left with the giant douche and turd sandwich.
boyachi

Member #92

Nov 4, 2004 21:50

Hey ho what now? I didn't say I had a gun. I said I have weapons. Besides, the most I'd ever get in guns is either rubber bullets or bbs, either one hurts if you get hit with it, gun death ain't my thing. I have a knife and a big @$$ metal pole in my dorm, back home I have a few bigger sharp objects. That, and I got a few things I keep in my pockets at all times.
  You want to F with an american? Go after em with a box cutter.
  No, I don't carry those with me.
  Um so who else wants to move to Canada, eh?
  So, any assassin plans? Or is part of the RE forum moving to Canada? It's quite nice up there.In Toronto you don't have to wear a shirt to get service. Well ,according to that show...and who can trust MTV nonfiction shows?

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Camo

Member #5

Nov 4, 2004 22:08

Hmm..... I dont have large metal or sharp objects (besides my razor and a few kitchen knives) but then again, I've never been attacked. Guess its different living in a place where everyone just gets along instead of fighting.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
msanis

Member #7

Nov 5, 2004 24:12
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I'm really... disturbed by the elections. I REALLY didn't want Bush to win. It was close... but not as close as I expected. Other countries hated us during his presidency, and now they will only continue to lose respect for us. I can't say I liked Kerry, but I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would bring Bush back into office.

From what I understand, he got a major increase in votes from the "bible-belt" states. Since he could be considered Christian, they just believed everything he said. They never questioned his actions, just believed it was the right thing to do because he said so. Needless to say, these people are complete morons.

I hate to say it, but this prooves that the idiots have control in America. Almost all well-informed people I know are completely against Bush. People who supported Bush never really gave any good reasons FOR supporting him in thr first place, they just claimed how bad Kerry was. I'd consider a pointless war a far worse problem than any of Kerry's small problems.

There was a world-wide poll taken recently. Kerry would have won by a landslide had the entire world been able to vote. Obviously this wouldn't have happened... but its just to get a point across. Regardless of what he says... I suspect a draft in the future after he weakens our army further in some other war.

...And flaming creatures rained down from the skies, engulfing both land and sea aflame. Upon that day, the prophecy was made.
Camo

Member #5

Nov 5, 2004 2:01

He used religion? Believe it or not but I'm christian, and think that is extremely f***ed, so now we have America - the religious war terrorist nation, I mean, thats as bad as the other alleged 'terrorist' countrys, war and using religion to make people believe what they say. I doubt Bush is really that religious in a christian manner as he is too damn bloodthirsty, and I think the US Christians are a bunch of total f***wits for thinking him a christian. Actually all the American religious people I know arent safely religious, they are nuts, I mean getting violent with people cause they dont fit into your perfect religion sense and stuff.
  I think the biggest problem with you Ameri'kaants is your all ridiculously stereotypical, you like something, become a certain stereotype then believe its your duty to live up to it as much as possible. I mean I've never heard of an American football computer programer? its either footy jock who wears lots of padded armour and uses women, and drinks beer out of a ridiculous funnel that allows them to have 2 sips and get 2 litres all over themselves OR be the nerdy guy who does stuff with computers.

Time for me to settle and stop ranting I do believe.

Pokemon Australia - keeping Aussie trainers in touch
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Nov 5, 2004 9:43
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Nov 5, 2004 24:12, msanis said:

I'm really... disturbed by the elections. I REALLY didn't want Bush to win. It was close... but not as close as I expected. Other countries hated us during his presidency, and now they will only continue to lose respect for us.

We had respect before Bush? Can I get some info from the non-americans?

LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Nov 5, 2004 9:50

First of all, thank you for labeling me a liberal.

Second, in regards to "Bush amending the Constitution", you're not seeing the bottom nine-tenths of the iceberg. If all three branches are controlled by the Republican Party, then one in the Executive Branch can [secretly?] request something he needs to be passed, and once it is passed because the Legislative Branch is a Republican majority, the Executive Branch accepts it and the Judicial Branch does not declare it unconstitutional.

Now you will be saying, "But there are some Republicans who have reasonable judgment and wouldn't vote for such bad things." I agree. That's why this is all purely on the theoretical level.

Third, I am quite familiar with the words "Guns don't kill people...I kill people." According to how I understood you, however, there are still people in the United States that depend on weapons in order to survive (i.e. hunt food). That is the only reasonable exception to having a gun; as to things like to "protect the family", however, it has too often been found to "hurt the family", not guard it.

And finally, I must agree with MintMan about the stupidity of the United States to have formed parties. George Washington was right in saying that this would only divide the country (I think he said something of the sort, no?).

Now that I think about it, if parties are so bad, why did I add parties to the SMFC then?...People will never learn.

LieutenantEagle
  President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club
  -----------
  "Don't quote me on this, but I'm betting that pipe goes somewhere." -Goombario

Ishamael

Member #142

Nov 5, 2004 14:18

We had respect before Bush? Can I get some info from the non-americans?

I'm a Canadian, so I qualify as not American.

I had some, but not much, respect for the US when Clinton was in power, and since Bush was voted in my respect for the US has been falling and I currently have NO respect for any Americans who voted for Bush. . . Unless you can give me a reason if and why you did? That might restore my respect a bit. . .

When summer comes, the gym will become better, as will my understanding of JavaScript. Gym is about 10% complete.

MadGoblin

Member #2

Nov 5, 2004 16:40

Geez, it sure seems that no one listened to me at all...

Okay, why must religion always be dragged into politics? People think just because a topic is agreed upon in religion AND another group of people hold the same belief, they must be getting influenced! Um... no. It could just be that one way is right. 'Tards.

Seriously, would we still have the death penalty if Christianity was so highly upheld? This especially goes to Bush. He's a Texan! They BBQ people like nobody's business! That goes against this so called "ruling religion", but its the right thing to do... a lot of times, at least Shifty Eyes All that other stuff? Also right to fight for. Abortion is evil. I know (can't remember name) said that every woman who had an abortion should be tried for murder. To that, I say hell ya! I've seen enough L&O to know how much involvement you need in the taking of another human's life to get dragged into the crime, too. Some people think that guy is crazy, but I think he's getting us on the right track.

Speakin' o' Canada and moving there, yeah, from what I learned in my Canada class (yes, I did take a class on Canada), the place is pretty much little different than the States except no one's a jackass. Interesting concept!

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
VinnyD

Member #9

Nov 5, 2004 17:22
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Nov 5, 2004 2:01, Camo said:

I mean I've never heard of an American football computer programer? its either footy jock who wears lots of padded armour and uses women, and drinks beer out of a ridiculous funnel that allows them to have 2 sips and get 2 litres all over themselves OR be the nerdy guy who does stuff with computers.

Yeah, ummm who do you think you're talking to? Remember, I come on here, I do nerdy stuff, yet I also play football and go to parties. Im a walking paradox. Well not anymore, I kinda quit/got kicked off. Enough of that.

The Official Man's Man of RE.
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 18, 2024 23:05 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022