Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 16:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: He got no respect...

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
VinnyD

Member #9

Oct 5, 2004 20:40
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

One of my heroes in comedy has died.
  Comedy Legend Rodney Dangerfield dies at the age of 82.
  Anybody else saddened by the news? He was up there with Carlin and Robin Williams for me, but alas, he didnt get the same respect.

[Editted by VinnyD on Oct 5, 2004 20:41]
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 5, 2004 21:11
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dude?! He died? When the crap did that happen?

While true that he was not as noted as other comedians, it is hard to imagine someone seeing his comedy and not liking it.

Since there is not much for me to say, I shall only mention... Dodney. Back at the ol' Jamie's Flea Market in Ohio, there was a certain gentleman there who sounded and acted exactly like Rodney Dangerfield.

"I tell ya, they got it pretty good here at Jamie's. Down at Lowell, I get no receipts -- no receipts at all!"
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 5, 2004 23:24
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm...never heard of the guy. But if he was as good as you people claim him to be, maybe I should become acquainted with some of his comedy.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Oct 6, 2004 12:10
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Be-da-badada- Never heard of!?!?!? For shame! ... oh, wait, I'm all old and stuff by marginal comparison.

Caddy Shack ruled.
  Little Nicky ruled.
  Rodney ruled, plain and simple.

He was the king of self-loathing. Why, I'm pretty sure he was a inspiration to my own put-downs of myself. He will be missed dearly. I have to do proper tribute now...

If you really believe in something, with all your heart, you're prolly just really wasted.
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 6, 2004 18:28

Dudes, know what else he was that I of course remembered but did not write down last time? He was Larry Burns! That was perhaps one of the funniest episodes of Simpsons ever.

"Man, this guy's rich, I tell ya. He's got more bread than a prison meatloaf. Hey, who am I talkin' to?"

"Mr. Burns, I'm your son!" dun-dunnnn "Oh yeah, and I stepped on one of your peacocks. Do you have any paper towels?"

"Well, that's alright. I already have a family. Oh, that reminds me, I told them I was going out for coffee. That was a week ago."

"I would like you to meet our daughter... She just came out last fall."
  "Whoa! Put her back in. She's not done yet!"

"If it gets any livelier in here, a funeral might break out!"
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 19, 2024 16:12 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022