Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Mar 29, 2024 2:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: College

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
WriteMan.exe

Member #140

Oct 3, 2004 21:39
E-Mail Master Account Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...Thanx. Y'all have given me alot to think about. I'm glad I posted. I'll keep looking...

"MegaMan is cool. But I'm cooler!"
   -WriteMan.exe
Zedd

Member #76

Oct 4, 2004 6:34
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Ok... Sorry for the almost less-than-nesscisary posting, but can someone please explain some of these abbreviations to a poor foreigner? This is really just my curiosity speaking...

Curisosity killed the cat...

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"So it is said that if you know yourself and know others, then you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but do not know others, then you will win some and lose some. If you do not know yourself and do not know others, you will be imperilled in every battle" - The Silver Sparrow Art of War, Sun Tzu

[Editted by Zedd on Oct 4, 2004 6:40]
boyachi

Member #92

Oct 4, 2004 10:58
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um, GPA is grade point average.
  SAT:is Standard ability test
  ACT:Academic comprehesive Test...I think. actually aside from GPA, I have no real clue

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 4, 2004 18:32
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Goodness boyachi, are you lucky I'm on tech-usage probation or what.

SAT stands for Scholastic Aptitude Test. As for ACT, I don't know, so I just say that I don't know.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 4, 2004 19:05
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Dangit, Eagle! Stop being stupid! Didn't I already say in this very post that you are not banned from RP techs but rather using them in a useless manner? Attacking idiocy is not only a good reason, but 'tis the entire reason I made FtRPG!

Anyway, ACT stands for American College Testing, although the organization that owns it officially changed there name to just ACT standing for nothing at all, which is kinda confusing.

"Is that scotch?" - Nora
  "We're lawyers; what else?" - McCoy
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 5, 2004 24:45
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

It would be very helpful if you put something in the Forum Help that listed exactly for what it is okay to use an RP action and for what it is not, for stupid people like me, y'know? Smile

I think another important aspect for colleges is your participation in clubs. That is, if SAT/ACT scores are all same and all that, it all comes down to whether you were Math Club officer or not for so many years...

...Oh, and, out of curiosity merely, do you computer-sane people know which colleges are rated the best for their comp sci major programs?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 5, 2004 19:08

I prolly should know the top comp sci colleges... but I do not. It is really hard to get scholarships to those places as there are no tests for it. You would have to be in a club or something, 'cause, y'know, there is no way of proving that you have been programming C++ since thirteen Slanted Mouth

As for RP actions, pretty much, as I have said a thousand times, using them in anyway that is not pointless, such as adding an action to the end of a post with no relation to what you said, is acceptable.
Ice

Member #46

Oct 6, 2004 3:12
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Cincinnati *does* have a large racial mix. And surprisngly enough, my uncle lived in Shaker Heights. I assumed that a lot of the Cleveland area was like that, since that's the only place we went when we visited. But yeah...

...Yep. And I got some more mojo for you right here.

* uses the technique AttackWith on MadGoblin with an act *

°(o.o)° (c) Ethereal Enterprises, 2004
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Mar 29, 2024 2:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022