Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 18, 2024 15:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: In Your Face!

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 29, 2004 9:48
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I was hit by a car today and was able to walk away from it. Hah! I am unstoppable! All of your wishes have gone unfulfilled! Mwahahahaaaa! Laughing

Anyone else escape death recently? Or, at least, a total body cast?

"Turk, you just got schooled by the two whitest chicks in American!"
  "None of you can prove it, though."
  "I got it on tape!"
  ~ Scrubs. Pricless!

[Editted by MintMan on Sep 29, 2004 18:50]
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 29, 2004 14:29
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I did a whole lot better on a test that I crammed for than I thought, the other things that happened to me, I was more surprised to still be standing after wards, but nothing fatal like. Well, at least I get my soul back since obviously the pact with Satan fell through since you-anyway whatis up with your sig? I think you put in too many, or something screwy happened. Well at least I can't be blamed for THIS one? Or can I.... :P* uses the technique Heal on MadGoblin out of sake of sympathy for the car *

My side is dead, my beliefs have been forgotten, my youth has left me and my innocence was slaughtered infront my eyes. Why should I care when it is only my life on the line?
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Sep 29, 2004 15:23
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

God! Loved that episode!

My friend got hit by a car... I think. Another rode his bike into one while it wasn't moving!!!! He ended up flipping up over the top of it.

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 29, 2004 15:57

Roffle roffle, Rook. Straight over it? Hah-ha! I woulda prolly flipped over the vehicle when I was hit, but thank goodness (I guess Wavey Mouth ) it was an SUV, so I just got all grill and smacked down to the ground. Yay.

No, Boyachi, there's nothing wrong with my sig, its just a problem with the sig randomizer. Aparently, whenever you start a topic, it spits out all of your sigs at once. Same thing happened to be a bit ago in the Elders Board. Yeah, I don't really know how Ems got that to happen, but it does.

"Frick on a brick!" Laughing I need that in my sig, too!
SailorSassyStar

Member #19

Sep 29, 2004 18:08
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Wow. You don't know how lucky you are to be okay. I've heard some pretty scary stories about car crashes and I know ones with SUVs are really bad. At least it wasn't a semi-truck. Yeah, my one friend from band slid on the ice into a semi. Her first words upon gaining conciousness(stupid spelling) was "is my flute okay?" Dead Now that's scary.
  Near death experiences of mine recently? A bee attacked me at lunch, I had an allergy break down during chem with watery eyes and all, I almost got run over by a sousaphone(marching tuba), and then nearly collapsed from exhaustion. That was my day. I can't wait to have a stroke tomorrow when I have to hand write a five paragraph essay in fifty minutes. ^_____^' Isn't life swell? *twitch*
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 29, 2004 18:58

I hardly see how carrying a tuba can match to getting hit by a car.

Unless, as it was in this case, Gobbo getting hit by a car (almost used his real name for a sec Nervous ).

See, my bro and I are quite impervious to injury, and this little car story just furthers the proof of it.

I mean, we obliterate an empty fishing tank as children, I gashed up the entire length of my leg on wire fence, Gobbo drives our car into a ditch -- none of those were much to prove our case, but getting hit by a car.... eeeeyyyyyyyy!

It just goes to prove our greatest fears: my doppleganger and I can't die. * uses the technique Soar on MadGoblin to recreate the hilarity of a flying brother *
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 30, 2004 1:09
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

To answer your question regarding have we faced death...

...May 31 of last year I was diagnosed with leukemia. It's all gone now and I'm on general maintenance, but it counts because without treatment I would have been Dead

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush

[Editted by LieutenantEagle on Sep 30, 2004 1:09]
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 30, 2004 9:58

Oh... right... I forgot about that. Well, it looks as though Lwty wins the trophey for "Don't It Suck".

* fabricates a DISTrophey for Lwty *

As a side note: getting hit by an SUV is all fun the first day, but, hells man, the day after? That sucks maximal Dead
  Ow, my hip. I shouldn't bend it that way... or anyway... the same goes with the rest of my body...

PBM! Fear!
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 30, 2004 18:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I would steal the trophy, but I'm already under threat of banishment for unnecessary RP actions, so I'll have to restrain myself.

And yes, MG...getting hit by a car is bad and all, but with leukemia, the recuperation period is 3 years 3 months. Fortunately I can at least go to school now.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Rook

Member #112

Sep 30, 2004 19:02
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Fortunatley?

Wow... leukemia. Reminds me of a story I read called "Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes"

Jocks may pick on us poor nerds, but it's us who turn out to be the doctors tending to their sports injuries.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 30, 2004 20:14

Sadako...?

...Never heard. What's it about?

Oh, incidentally, since we're on the topic of bad occurrences, I'll just say that I had two of the worst (and rarest) side effects possible for one of the medications SIMULTANEOUSLY (yes, I was hospitalized in March because of that, I think I told you).

The two events were pancreatitis and 3 seizures, if you guys are curious. But whatever, c'est la vie.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Rook

Member #112

Sep 30, 2004 21:06

It takes place years after the Atom Bomb was dropped on Japan. This caused a lot of Leukemia, and a girl named Sadako gets it. She ends up in the hospital, and she tries to fold 1,000 paper cranes (cranes are a symbol of luck or hope, I think). They say if you do that, your wish will come true. She wanted to wish to be cured. She didn't make it, and died. Now, every year, thousands of paper cranes are sent to Japan and put around her monument. I think the monument symbolizes hope, I'm not sure.

Jocks may pick on us poor nerds, but it's us who turn out to be the doctors tending to their sports injuries. Ironic, no?
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 30, 2004 22:50

Eh... I meant "maximal suckage" like, you know, "maximum suckage", which is just an expression I stole from Earthworm Jim. I didn't mean it suck more than blimy leukimia. I mean, dangs, yo, that's some strange triple rarities razing up you're short life. * gives LieutenantEagle a DISTrophey and a cookie because... I mean... dang *

Hey, I remember reading that story. 'Twas back when I was in the fourth grade or so. Old junk to me now. Good story. Or course, it was mainly about how America is a terrible killing machine who kills thousands of lives and doesn't care about their mistakes and then is forgiven by my Japanese teacher and such because it set the country on a good path.

Nutty stuff. Nutty stuff and potato!

... I so have a concussion Big Smile
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 1, 2004 24:37

Yes, MG...I concur.

Incidentally, at the time of my diagnosis they said that due to all the effects of the cancer and all I'd live to 80% my maximum lifespan. If the average lifespan for an American male is 76, then...oh noes! I've lived about a quarter of my life already!

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MintMan

Member #1

Oct 1, 2004 18:25

Eighty-percent is better than twenty-percent, right?

So let me get this straight. Gobbo make a trophy for you and then doesn't give it to you, and you don't take it with an RP action because you think it would be unnecessary?

... no. No, that would be one of the rare cases in which something is necessary. It isn't "uses Heal for increased learning although using techs has been repeatedly stated to impede tech learnage and not enhance it but people are just really stupid." Taking the trophy would have actually done something! You get punished now. * uses the technique SmokeSwipe on LieutenantEagle's DISTrophey because he can pawn it for booze *

"I'm not smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything." - Beast Boy
Sword
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Oct 1, 2004 20:21

Hey, if you take the DIS Trophy, that means you automatically take the fact that the worst thing out of all of us happened to you. That does not hold true, so I am therefore obliged to do the following RP action.

* uses the technique BombSwipe on MintMan's distrophey *

Okay, shall we change to another category of "most ____est thing"?

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 18, 2024 15:26 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022