Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 5:55 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Report Card: Dennis Farina

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 23, 2004 19:12
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Okay, I am assuming everyone watched the season premier of Law & Order, and if you didn't shame on you.

Yesterday was the debut of Dennis Farina as Detective Fontanta, the replacement for the long-standing Lennie Briscoe. Now, who didn't like Lennie? He was about as good as they come. Him leaving for a new show really left some big shoes to fill.

That being said, I feel that Farina performed as....

A+! A-freakin'-Plus! They could not have found a better replacement! I mean... too cool!
  Quite radically different than his predecessor, but it fits in the show very nicely. I mean, usually, only the lawyers are all richsies, but Fontana.... holy carp!

"That is a nice ride."
  "Eh, it's not bad."

What do you guys think? And if you think nothing, get watchin' Law & Order. They have so many anymore that you are bound to find one at just about any hour of the day, oftentimes two or three Smile
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 23, 2004 21:04
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

"That was a $300 shirt! ... Ah, easy come, easy go."

Too cool! x2

I thought he was great! And I only unfortunately saw the 2nd episode since I thought the two hours began at 10 Shifty Eyes

He'll do well to tide over Lenny loss... until L&O: Trial by Jury comes out, that is Tongue

PBM! Fear!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 24, 2004 15:38
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I haven't watched TV in months, with the exception of the weather channel, from time to time to keep an eye on where those hurricanes head.

Oh yeah, what's left of Ivan passed through here last night as a Tropical Storm.
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 19:41
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmm all I watch is Family Guy and Neighbours and occaisonaly the simpsons (I love the simpsons but it always seems to be a repeat :S). Oh and Monday nights rock with John Saffran vs God and Pizza :D. And I usually watch an episode of futurama before bed (DVD) and the odd spot of certain other DVD genre.

Law and Order seem rather boring.

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 24, 2004 20:34
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't exactly watch TV as in watch it regularly; whenever my dad turns on the TV and channel-surfs, and I happen to be in the same room at the same time with nothing to do, that's pretty much the only time I watch TV.

I mean, everything on American television falls under violence/murders, news, sports, romance, and stupidity. Except for some good movies from time to time, that is.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Camo

Member #5

Sep 24, 2004 21:00
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey, you have Matt Groening and Seth Green to make you some f***en awesome cartoons!

c*** me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 24, 2004 23:57

Yeah, there is always funny cartoons, too.

So you got murder, violence (although I would like to know where with the pussies that run the networks Slanted Mouth ), romance, news, sports, stupidity, and now comedy on the list.

.... congratulations, you have just pretty much listed every freakin' genre. What are you expecting, man? The magical show that sends you booze and women through electromagnetic waves?

.... actually, I would like that show.

And to be honest, none of what you mentioned is even on anymore; everything is mostly reality programming. Boo.

KK's Guide to Good TV: L&O, L&O:SVU, Simpsons, Late Show, Late Night, Scrubs, Last Comic Standing, Jeopardy!, Seinfeld reruns, Daily Show, Best Week Ever, South Park, and too much to name on Cartoon Network.
Camo

Member #5

Sep 25, 2004 24:11

Oooh South Park aint bad, but we often just get repeats.

I think there needs to be a channel with all the awesome Aussie shows, Full Frontal and Fast Forward (BEST SKETCH SHOWS EVAAAA), Pizza, John Saffran shows, umm what else we got... I dunno, quality not quantity ey! And yeah, must admit Reality TV is taking over. we only got a few free channels, 1 is just Australian/American/Iraqnid Idol, Big Brother Law and Order and Simpsons, another is just second rate Reality TV shows that only last a season, game shows, survivor and occaisonally really late at night some decent cartoons, one thats pretty much all footy, news and movies (but I dont get it), one thats all lil kids shows through the day and Australian/Pomish drama at night and the last wich does all international news, sports and underground Aussie TV programes.

c*** me up scotty
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 25, 2004 8:19
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Jeopardy!...Ken Jennings is dominating that show, right? With a 47-some-day winning streak and over $1.5 million in winnings?
Camo

Member #5

Sep 25, 2004 17:44

Hey.... What happened to my other Saffran post Wavey Mouth I found a Saffran website!

c*** me up scotty
MintMan

Member #1

Sep 26, 2004 24:01

Let's see, I wonder what it means if a post in a forum suddenly is deleted?

I know! It probably means that it was deleted.

Extra-sitular linking in a new post about something there already is an active topic for... not the normal thing Camo's posts are deleted for, but deletion-worthy nonetheless.
Camo

Member #5

Sep 26, 2004 1:29

I demand someone posts in my old Saffran post so I can post in it again... NOW!!!

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 26, 2004 10:20
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

...And that, kids, is why we don't like totalitarian systems Smile

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Rook

Member #112

Sep 26, 2004 16:33
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Well, Camo, you could just EDIT your post to include it.

To wield a sword is to wield the most divine and diverse weapon of all time.
Camo

Member #5

Sep 26, 2004 17:25

But who would read it? lol.

Ahh dont worry, I forget what I posted now anyways, some witty stuff no doubt, plus this link http://www6.sbs.com.au/johnsafranvsgod/index.php

c*** me up scotty
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 24, 2024 5:55 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022