Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 24, 2024 20:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: RPG Foursomes

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Camo

Member #5

Sep 16, 2004 1:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

FFCC may have worked if everyone playing didnt need to use a GBA, and was a little more interesting, perhaps even a better character transfer system. I mean, I've got PSO and its so much better for single, and multiplayer gaming and 4 people can play without GBAs.

c*** me up scotty
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 16, 2004 10:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I don't really see how Pikmin would be considered an RPG at all. Its more of a ... strategy/treasure hunting game.

I'd say that Animal Crossing would be RP, tho'. You must remember, the battle system is not the core of an RPG. 'Tis suppose to be all the other junk in the game that makes it role play. I mean, if you considered role-playing a fight, suddenly MegaMan and Castlevania are RPGs! See how there's running around and interacting with other characters, that'd make it some hard-core RPG.

That, and the word butt!

The maturity of these forums needed taken down a peg Tongue

PBM! Fear!
Lugiatrainer

Member #20

Sep 16, 2004 12:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yep, those are the right numbers for ToD...4 in battle, 6 in party, 8 available at once. That always bugged me.

Edit: Ah, I think you may be able to take controll of all characters at once with a multi-tap, thus providing the limit of 4.

[Editted by Lugiatrainer on Sep 16, 2004 12:58]
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 16, 2004 18:13
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Incidentally, don't you think the Mario RPGs should feature more than just two or three people at once?

* uses the technique BombSwipe on MintMan's idbadges *

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 17, 2004 10:42
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Um... no? * To add insult to injury, uses the technique SuperSonicSnatcher on LieutenantEagle's idbadges *

If anything, Mario is the one line of RPGs that should only have two or three folks in it since, well, there's only two brothers. A third person is nice, tho', like the regional helper of sorts. I mean, it could be four, like in SMB2, but Princess is always kidnapped, so Tongue on that!

Who even are the other allies in the Mario RPGs? I know Bowser is in one of them, and some guy named "Mallow" or something...
Sword
writer77

Member #4

Sep 17, 2004 15:18
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

In Super Mario RPG, you have Mario, Princess Toadstool, Bowser, Mallow, and Geno. Mallow's supposed to be a tadpole, but you find out later that he's not, and Geno is a doll that was embodied by some guy from "Star Road."

In Paper Mario you control Mario and one other character from a group of eight (I think), and you can switch between 'em. I think there's a Goomba, a Koopa Troopa, a Bom-bomb, a Paratroopa, a Boo, a Lakitu, a Cheep Cheep, and some electric... thing.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 17, 2004 17:53

* uses the technique BombSwipe on MadGoblin's idbadges in retribution *

The names are Goombario, Kooper, Bombette, Parakarry, Lady Bow, Watt, Sushie, and Lakilester in Paper Mario.

Actually, I think it would be interesting if you could have Mario, Luigi, and two or three of the PM characters be in the same battle.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2 
Apr 24, 2024 20:14 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022