Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 23, 2024 7:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Java

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
msanis

Member #7

Aug 31, 2004 11:38
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hey everybody, as you may or may not know; I have been studying programming (in C++) for some time now. I have recently gotten the urge to try out some other languages... starting with Java. I hear that Java is similar to C++; so it seemed like a rational first choice...

Anyway; I've gotten a book on Java, and it does seem relatively similar to C++... but I can tell it will take some time to get used to. Also; the book doesn't seem to give any information as to where I can GET Java (in other words; where I enter the code.) If anyone has some information as to where I can download the language; it'd be appreciated.

...also; I have merely taken this book from the library... so i'll have to return it at some point. Because of that... some online tutorials would be useful. Anyone happen to know where I can find some ? Wink

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
MintMan

Member #1

Aug 31, 2004 12:19
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Sun. Sun Microsystems invented Java, and there site is where ya get it from.

Well, java.sun.com to be exarck.

You download the SDK for free from there site, as it is a free thing. Now, to get a development environment, I think they are gonna charge you, but any real hacker gets by with a text editor and nothing more.

You will write out everything in Vi or Nedit or Emacs or Wordpad -- whatev you got.

Then, open up yer console or command prompt and CD over to your Java bin. You have to compile everything from there. It is really simple, and all the instructions are right on the web site.... or in books.

Also, Java rocks. I really wish I had time to program in it more, but alas, I do not.

"Dr. Hara, you need some tea."
  "No I'm not."
  Drunken professors at sushi bars rock.
Ash10

Member #3

Aug 31, 2004 17:39
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Java rules. I have a IB Computer Studies, which is Java Programming. I love Java, what I have learned so far. It has all sorts of cool options, and...its just cool. Althought, the import statements are a little wierd...but I have been only going for 3 weeks, so I probably have a lot to go.

Memeber of Derelict Studios
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1 
Apr 23, 2024 7:51 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022