Planetfall BWEND
Planetfall BWRELEND
HomeRELENDREF
HomeBDREF
SABDREF
Planetfall Planetfall SABD
It's To-Po!

Site Games Miscellaneous /
Apr 19, 2024 9:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Forums :: Reality's End Classic :: Nintendo

<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
writer77

Member #4

Sep 5, 2004 15:40
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 5, 2004 10:11, Rook said:

Have you seen the picteres of the good guys? They look like badguys. I'm probably gonna start the game and wind up shootin' them!

From what I've seen on MP2, it looks like the good guys are only in the cutscenes, so you wouldn't have to worry about killin' 'em off on accident. I got in my playable demo recently (from My Nintendo, which is oddly enough what this topic was originally about), and there weren't any good guys just hangin' around or anything. The new Space Pirates look much cooler though, I must say.

On a slightly related note, I finally beat the original Metroid. Anyone else play that? It's probably one of the most difficult games in the history of games... unless you use a guide, that is.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
Rook

Member #112

Sep 5, 2004 19:34
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Metroid? As in NES? or Prime? Prime was real hard.

The n00b who has been around for over a year and is still a n00b!
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 5, 2004 22:43
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Yes, Rook. When Writer said "the original Metroid", he obviously meant Metroid Prime because it, as everyone knows was the first.
  ... sarcasm'd!!!

Ack, I said you could link an infinite number of people, not that they would all be participating in the game at once. Linking, like in Pokemon (I'd hate to use that as an example, but its the only one I can think of D'oh ) for trading/battles choices/possibilities.

But, then again, with all the MMORPGs and stuff being the rage, it might not be too far fetched if such possibilities were in DS games. Mmm, swarm of peopled...

I dun remember, has anyone yet to discuss the awesome touch-screen featured on the DS? I mean, touch-screen! In that Egg Monster Heroes RPG, you actually touch the enemy where you want to hit 'em! ... pwn!

PBM! Fear!
Camo

Member #5

Sep 6, 2004 7:40
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

On Sep 5, 2004 15:40, writer77 said:

I got in my playable demo recently (from My Nintendo, which is oddly enough what this topic was originally about), and there weren't any good guys just hangin' around or anything.

How do you get demo cube games? I didnt know you could? Maybe its just Australia missing out?

c*** me up scotty
msanis

Member #7

Sep 6, 2004 10:41
E-Mail Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Hmmm... no there is not an endless link; you can have up to 16 people playing simulataneously over a range (up to) 100ft. With the WiFi connection you can play against anyone in the world at any given time. There are also rumours that the DS will have a free phone ability (when in a WiFi zone) which sounds really nice.

As for MP2:E; I am really excited about it. MP1 alone was a really great game, but now this one is going to IMPROVE upon that already great game. I'd like to see how the multiplayer works. It probably won't be as diverse as Halo's multiplayer, but i'm sure it'll be awesome. Wink

The next Zelda game is by far the most anticipated game for (most) Nintendo fans. Just the concept art of the new link...

...looks really awesome. According to some rumours going around; more information on this title will be released sometime in the winter.

The insignia of the Apocalypse engraved upon his blade. the day approaches...
writer77

Member #4

Sep 6, 2004 13:54
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Metroid Prime, hard? You're talkin' 'bout the normal mode, right? Not the hard mode? With the exception of maybe the Phazon mines, MP was fairly easy. And if you knew the secret place where you can get all your energy back, even that was easy. The bosses were kinda difficult, I suppose, with the exception of the last boss. I think he was one of the few that I didn't die on at least once.

Anyhow, MP2's multiplayer will likely be almost completely dependent on how cool the Morph Ball is to use.

And Camo, you can get certain bonus discs at certain times on Nintendo.com for registering games and consoles that you've purchased. So far I've gotten a Zelda bonus disc and the Metroid Prime 2 one. I don't know if that's available in Australia or not, though.

Endless Horizon
  "It looks like I'm going to die as I have lived.... completely surrounded by morons!"
  -Bl. Mage
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 6, 2004 14:32

I got the Zelda bonus disc by renewing my Nintendo Power subscription Smile If you ever subscribe to NP, only subscribe for one year so that you can get great bonuses every year rather than every three years. You may not save the extra 6 bucks, but you will have, in 3 years, three different guides and/or bonus discs.

As for Metroid Prime, I haven't played it. I'm not much of a Metroid fan myself; I am pathetic at shooter games. And MP looks like a shooter to me...well, maybe I should try it.

...Regarding bonus discs, is it true or is it just a rumor that there will be a bonus disc with Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door with the original PM for GCN? If so, I'm preordering right now. (You people do know that PM is my favorite game, right?)

* uses the technique Heal *

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Sword
boyachi

Member #92

Sep 6, 2004 17:36
E-Mail Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

When is fable coming out?
  Why is it called Zelda and not Link?
  What did the girl ever do that she gets her name on it?
  Why hasn't kirby had a new super ultra cool game like kirby superstar?
  Why do you need shirt and shoes for service but no pants are required?
  Whatever happened to baby jane?
  * uses the technique Guard and a pineapple *

The New Dawn has risen. Are you the one to unlock it?
Sword
Camo

Member #5

Sep 6, 2004 18:09
Web Site Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

Nintendo Australia is f***en terrible goto www.nintendo.com.au if you dont believe me, and no, I cant join nintendo.com, I've tried a couple of times but it wont let me. Probobly dont make pal demo's
  Maybe I should look for a UK nintendo site late?

c*** me up scotty
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 6, 2004 19:17

For UK and Ireland, try:
  http://www.nintendo-europe.com

The game was most likely named Zelda and not Link because back then, they were unsure if Link would be the only Zelda rescuer? Alternatively, The Legend of Zelda sounds better than The Legend of Link, for some reason.

Oh, and, incidentally, a cool new Kirby game should be coming out sometime soon. Probably a Nintendo DS one.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
Rook

Member #112

Sep 6, 2004 20:38

On Sep 5, 2004 22:43, MadGoblin said:

In that Egg Monster Heroes RPG, you actually touch the enemy where you want to hit 'em! ... pwn!

So it's like a touch of death. Or is it poking them to death? That sounds cool. I think I mentioned the touch-screeniness somewherz.

Camo

Member #5

Sep 6, 2004 20:57

naaa, thats no good, wont let me sign up to that one either, guess I'm stuck with the retards at .com.au .

c*** me up scotty
writer77

Member #4

Sep 6, 2004 21:12

I think Fable is coming out the 14th. Go Chicken Punting!

Metroid Prime has a lock-on feature, so even if you're horrible at shooting games, you can still win! I know, 'cause I beat it! (Back then I was bad at FPS, but not anymore)

And I think back in the olden days, Nintendo had an odd habit of naming games after stuff that's not the main character... The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Donkey Kong. (The arcade one) I could also say Duck Hunt, but that's a horrible example.

Endless Horizon
  -Bl. Mage
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 6, 2004 21:46

Nintendo.com said:

The DS technology also provides for a wireless LAN connection, which could allow a theoretically infinite number of players to connect at a hot spot and compete at a central game hub on the Internet, even if they're thousands of miles apart.

Yep, that sure is a crock. I mean, it was only said at Nintendo's website regarding the DS. ... Foo'.

As for why its The Legend of Zelda, that may be because, oh, I don't know, what the legend of Zelda is?
  Seriously, dude, have you never heard the Legend? The thing about the Princess Zelda and her hero named Link, and how all princesses of the kingdom from that time on would be named Zelda and the descendents of that hero constantly used the name Link and would always be there to save the Princesses in time of need. I mean, dude, all Link fans should knows it. Of course, I prolly butchered it a bit, but that still the jist o' it. Good stuff. You should try to find the full version. Any decent LoZ site should have it.

And... um... stuuuuffffffff.
LieutenantEagle

Member #27

Sep 6, 2004 22:10

I might be wrong, but wasn't that decided by Zelda sometime in the NES one?

That would then mean that Zelda in OOT and Zelda in Wind Waker were just purely coincidental, because both events happen BEFORE Zelda I.

As for the DS...imagine what long-range wireless Internet connections mean for Animal Crossing! Animal Crossing DS is going to be arguably one of the best "RPG" games ever.

By the way, WarioWare DS is going to be rather interesting as well. If you have seen the previews, you probably know that the new WarioWare will have mini-games featuring not only the buttons, but also vigorously rubbing the touch screen or something like that.

Anyone have comments about Pikmin 2? I've been reading the information that NP has on it, and it seems really nice...even though I'm not into Pikmin all that much.

...Oh, and I know that Metroid Prime has a lock function. I don't know why, I just don't like FPS games for some reason. I prefer a third-person [camera] view of my character (like as in when using Morph Ball) as opposed to first-person.

LieutenantEagle

President of the SMFC
  Super Mario Fan Club

-----------
  Truth -->
  <-- Bush
MadGoblin

Member #2

Sep 7, 2004 12:25

Okay, one, I never said it was the first one. I know that those others came first, I'm not an idiot. Two, I said I prolly had it butchered it, and I did.

http://www.nintendoland.com said:

Daughter of the king, before he passed away he confided in her the secret of the Triforce. The king's advisor knew of this and told this to the prince, who requested that Zelda tell him the secret. When she refused, the king's advisor grew angry and cast her into an eternal sleep, despite the prince's attempts to stop him. But it was too late, so the Prince left her to sleep in the North Castle, casting a decree that all daughters born in the Royal Family to be named Zelda, so that the tragedy is never forgotten.

Many years later in AoL, Link found out the secret from Impa, whose ancestors had long watched over the sleeping maiden. She urged Link to find the Triforce of Courage, so he could combine it's powers with the other two Triforces and make wish the spell away. After a long journey he succeeds and the princess is once again awake.

So, to clear up what me said before, all Princesses are named Zelda. Age old tradition, hence the series being "The Legend of Zelda" for they all pertain to the many, many princesses. A "legendary hero" is destined to save the day only when the Triforce is in danger (a site said that in a part not quoted), which generally involves saving Zelda. So, what I said before still is pretty much true, this just further ... truens it... or something Shifty Eyes

And that's the story of the first Halloween!
Sword
Rook

Member #112

Sep 7, 2004 15:36

Weren't there two Zeldas in that game? The one who was put to sleep was hundreds of years ago(I think), and the present one. my source is zeldauniverse.net. Good site.

Battalon127

Member #25

Sep 7, 2004 21:00

Net hookup would be great, especially for someone like me who lives in a town where all people want to do is mess around with their cars and get drunk. Multi-player games for me have been simply a waste because there's literally no-one else to play with. I've been waiting for a GB-net hookup for a long time. So who here has GS:TLA and FFTA?

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon
sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
draggy1234

Member #97

Sep 7, 2004 21:07
Master Account Battling Dragons Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have both, but I doubt I'd be able to link up with you unless by coincidence we happened to live close by each other. Even then, I have yet to get my own wireless apparatus.
Sword
Zedd

Member #76

Sep 8, 2004 5:47
Master Account Battling Dragons Shadow Aura Endless Night's Dream R.E. League Reply w/ Quote Edit Post

I have FFTA. However, linking isn't really applicable for me, as I am sure there is probably noone within a 40-mile radius around me who even has the game... Similar to your problem, Battalon?

I only have the first GS. Hang on a sec, in TLA, do you have to fight the party from the original GS?

- Zedd i Randir, Lord of the Storm

"...with enough training, you will be able to beat ten men with your spirit. When you have reached this point, will it not mean that you are invincible?" Go Rin No Sho, Miyamoto Musashi
<- Prev Post   -   Next Post ->
Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Apr 19, 2024 9:39 ESTReply | Topic List | Forums List | Edit Profile | Help | Sign Up

Copyright © 1999-2022